Colonial Harbor

Reviews of Colonial Harbor

Independent Living Reviews for Colonial Harbor

March 14, 2020

By Bob

I loved Colonial Harbor. The food was good and the dining room was almost like a hotel. The rooms were nice and the people were great. It was a very nice facility. They had meals, transportation, several game rooms, a television room, a pool table, an exercise room, and a few places for socializing. Their activities change every day. The staff was great.

October 18, 2019

By Fredericka

Colonial Harbor was great. The only drawback, which I discovered later is that it is independent living and not assisted living. My stepdad needs assistance. I love the place. It is fantastic. I love the size of the rooms. The staff is great, very caring and they're excited about where they work. The living atmosphere is very nice, too and I really like it. I was really excited about it until I found out that they didn't have assisted living. I have a friend whose parents are there, and her parents love it there.

March 19, 2018

By Nancy

I visited Colonial Harbor, and it will be the one I'm going to move into. I saw one apartment that's ideal for what I want right now. They had a lot of activities, and what interested me was they go to the YMCA at least once a week. They had a library, billiard table, and chess tables. One problem was they allowed smoking in the Atrium, and as soon as I walked in, I could smell cigarette smoke.

September 28, 2017

By Joan

I toured Colonial Harbor. I had dinner there. The food was good, and we enjoyed the meal. My daughter and my grandson went with me. They do three meals a day. The staff members were very nice and very helpful. They actually invited me to come back and take part in a couple of their activities. I took part in the art activities, which was painting that afternoon. I'm actually supposed to bring a painting that I made over there, and they're going to hang it up. It's not very far away from where I'm living now, and it's not too far away from my daughter or my grandson. That was a nice part. I was pleased with the number of activities that they have going on there, so you're not just sitting in your room. The place was really neat and clean.

April 11, 2017

By Debbie711182

When I walked into Colonial Harbor, the layout gave me a sense that it was grand. It was like going into an amazing cruise ship. As we were walking around, the people who were showing me around were actively engaged with the people, knew their names, and stopped to talk. The amenities were great, and the people looked happy. They were actively moving about and doing things. The apartments with their different layouts were great, very clean, and very nice. They have recently switched over to instead of having call bells with strings in the room, they are now going to have pendants that they can wear. This one was really good.

November 22, 2015

By Teresa115818150

Colonial Harbor was great. They made us feel real comfortable. The rooms were nice, new, and had lots of storage. They have a lot of activities like craft days and a crochet club.

October 27, 2015

My girlfriend lives at Colonial Harbor. I love it; it is fantastic. I like the fact that I don't have to do anything. All I have to do is get up, and they take of care of everything -- weekend trips, three meals a day, and they clean the house up. They are nice, down-to-earth, and they make you feel so comfortable. I do not have any complaints at all. Every Friday, they go out of town on a weekend trip. They also have concerts once a week, bring in animals to pet, and the Girls and Boy Scouts come there, too. It is patriotic environmat, which is very nice.

May 26, 2015

Colonial Harbor was smaller, and it was not a continuing care arrangement. It was independent living, so it was not going to work for us. We didn't dwell too long because we knew that it wasn't really what we were looking for, so we just took a quick look. It was nice, and the staff was very accommodating.

April 27, 2015

By Linda104821050

We chose Colonial Harbor for my friend because the rooms were a lot bigger. They were a lot friendlier, and the food was excellent.

December 30, 2014

By Patricia96182350

I'm living at Colonial Harbor. The atmosphere is very pleasant. They give us three meals a day and snack. We have lots of planned activities and usually at least two outings a month. We have lots and lots of activities here. We have a bus that is really old and it doesn't have a lift for wheelchairs or for people who can't climb. They need a new one. It is a nice pleasant atmosphere. Most people are really sweet. However, they need to improve on communication. We have activities scheduled up for the month, but a lot of times these activities change and if you're not at lunch at the particular day they announce the change, there is no way for you to know about it.

October 02, 2014

By Nelson5

My aunt’s been in Colonial Harbor since July 2014. The staff is pleasant and as nice as possible. I know that they bring in musical artists from outside. They have bingo activities and games. They have non-denominational -- maybe even denominational -- religious services that they do there for those who want to participate. They have a shuttle system that will take the seniors out if they have medical things to do or go shopping. So there are things to do out there for sure. The area is good. It’s a beautiful place. One of the good things about Colonial Harbor is that it’s very well lit so the atmosphere was very inviting. If you have seen their website, I think it’s pretty accurate in terms of the pictures that you see. I think the housekeeping and all that comes along with the apartment that she chose; also she has an independent company that do a good job in keeping her place nice and neat. I enjoy every time I’ve been over there to visit. We have nothing but good things to say about the place. We've visited a number of places, but this turned out to be the right one.

July 29, 2013

By Kim25

When my mom started out with Colonial Harbor, they told her that she will go to a nursing home, but she improved so much so they said she could go to independent living and that's why she chose it and she is quite happy and comfortable with them. She ended up saving hundreds of dollars amount over an assisted care and she can save that money so that when she needs help she can pay for them. Her room is nice, it looks out in the woods. It's in a convenient location. They have live-in staff that if someone didn't show up for the meal, they will come looking for them. They have the ability to bring in outside care. They also have somebody to clean for them and they got three meals a day. They have a full schedule of activities. They have exercise classes, they have a small gym, the have field trips and they have a bus who takes them to their appointment and shopping. It is a perfect place for her and I know she's being watched. I definitely recommend this community to others.

Costs for Colonial Harbor

Photos of Colonial Harbor

Services and Amenities of Colonial Harbor

• Housing Extra: Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Hiking Trails
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Game Room, Activity Room

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Colonial Harbor

Colonial Harbor is located in Yorktown, VA, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Colonial Harbor for a visit...and stay!

Map of Colonial Harbor