Coburg Village

Reviews of Coburg Village

Independent Living Reviews for Coburg Village

November 29, 2016

By Jackie B.712384

I found a place, which seems nice enough. It is called Coburg Village. I think my mom likes the place, but she said they were not completely open or transparent about some of the additional fees that would be involved. They talked about whatever the monthly cost would be, but apparently there has been some additional fees beyond that that she said she would like to have known about beforehand; after she got moved in, she found out about it. Overall, the place has been adequate. She is still adjusting to it. I think the staff has been good. My mom has met some people that she likes. She has had issues with is her internet service. She is still having some problem with that as far as being able to get on her computer and send emails. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. It would be nice if there were like an IT person there who can help out some of the seniors with that piece of it as well. My mother is there in independent living, and she is in an apartment. It is a 1-bedroom apartment. It’s very nice. It’s a very nice place.

February 25, 2015

By Eva11

We're very happy here in Coburg Village, and we've been here for two years now. The staff are great. They are extremely helpful. The apartments are very nice. We live in a very nice sized cottage which we like. The food is delicious, and we're very happy with the food. The dining room is a very pretty venue, and we have a swimming pool. There is a bus that will take us shopping, to medical appointments, or to the airport. They have all kinds of sewing and knitting groups, a library, card groups, movies, and outside entertainment coming in several times a week. It's very active and very secure. You need a key pass to get in through the doors. We would definitely recommend this facility.

February 14, 2014

By Jan27

Coburg Village is big, spacious and very nice. It's also very comfortable. They have a swimming pool, salon, barber shop and a garden. People are assisted very nicely there. The staff were gracious, people say hello when you walk through the halls. They called residents by name which is nice to see. They go out of their way to take care of their clients and there's a full time nurse even though it's an independent living facility. A lot of them are very elderly and needs a little bit of assistance. The apartments were very adequate, spacious and nice. I've eaten there several times, food was good. There were several choices of dining rooms and they were very spacious. They have all kinds activities – crafts, bingo games, book club, computers and off campus activities like shopping and cultural activities.

Photos of Coburg Village

About Coburg Village

A ministry of The Lutheran Care Network, Coburg Village is among the very best not-for-profit retirement communities in Rexford, NY. Our independent living center is committed to providing high-quality, non-denominational residential services and related programs for older adults. Our services extend to Saratoga Springs, NY, Albany, NY and beyond.

The Lutheran Care Network is a ministry of healing, hospitality and community through partnerships in caring. It runs 11 senior care communities and services. TLCN staff is committed to the physical, emotional and spiritual needs of seniors. Their well being comes first.

Map of Coburg Village