The Bristal at Lake Grove

Reviews of The Bristal at Lake Grove

Assisted Living Reviews for The Bristal at Lake Grove

August 30, 2019

By Mary

The Bristal at Lake Grove was beautiful, but they didn't provide as much help as we needed for Mom. I saw what I liked about it, but if my mom would need more care she would have to move. I only met one staff member and she was OK.

August 01, 2019

By Josephine

I thought the Bristal Assisted Living at Lake Grove was very nice. We did not get to see many of the residents since we were there on a Sunday, and there were a lot of women, a lot of walkers, not wheelchairs, and canes, but it was very nice. The staff was fine. I saw some happy ladies who were going down the hallways, cleaning, and the rooms were lovely. I thought the one-bedroom was quite spacious, and certainly perfect for a single male. There were nice, big closets, the kitchenette was very nice, very airy, impressive, and the bathroom was big and roomy as well. They had bingo, outdoor swimming pool, a putting green, a craft room, a pool table, a card table in a separate area, an exercise room, and a movie theater. I thought it was very nice. We were looking at basic assisted living. The gentleman who took us around filled in, and he was OK and helpful, but he wasn't really upbeat. The backyard was lovely, but the overall setting wasn't as attractive.

October 01, 2017

By Attentive grand-daughter

The Bristal in Lake Grove is beautiful. Like a grand hotel. Right down to the automatic playing piano in the lobby. They have a bistro, where you can get coffee, tea, juices and snacks 24 hours a day, large dining room, private dining room, theater, bingo room, several common areas etc. Staff are friendly, while they last. The turnover rate is horrible. Once the residents get to know and like someone, they're gone. The rate for rooms is ridiculous. My grandmother pays over $6000 per month for a studio. The studio is a nice size but that's a bit much. Unfortunately, they don't give any of their income to their employees or they would probably stay longer. As of right now they are low on staff. If you have their staff do the laundry your relative more than likely have some issues with getting all of their items back or get other residents items. The staff tries but they are bombarded with extra work since there are not enough of them. They do try to accommodate you as much as possible. Luckily, either my mother or I are there every day, even if it's only a quick visit. We have had to make quite a few complaints, most a remedied quickly. Others need extra reminding! I just believe with the amount they charge all the residents, they could give their employees a bit more to keep them loyal and happy.

May 27, 2017

By katherine478753

The Bristal is a very nice, beautiful, brand-new facility with a memory unit called Reflections where my mom will be going. They have more care there and an enhanced license, which helps because Mom has long-term insurance. The staff has been wonderful and helpful. The rooms are beautiful.

March 02, 2017

By howm

Our 90 year old Mom was very reluctant to leave her home. After much encouragement and two visits we convinced her to try The Bristal at Lake Grove. She moved in early January and she can't be happier. She has met new friends and enjoyed many of the activities. This gives our family a great piece of mind. It's a wonderful place.

January 29, 2016

By John119000850

I visited Bristal Assisted Living at Lake Grove was gorgeous. I would recommend it, but I’m looking for independent-living. They are really not offering much for independent elders. I cook, and they don’t have kitchens. The staff was very pleasant, outgoing, and inviting. The dining area is beautiful, but I didn’t taste any of their food. The menu looked very nice. They have a theater, exercise room, a card room, and there’s a room where you can get a snack anytime of the day or night. They have all the amenities as far as facilities are concerned. Everything was very well done. The only problem with that is I think their cost is $5500 a month, but then they have an ala carte for additional services. So if you needed them to help you with medications or anything in addition to just the basic; each item costs something every day. It becomes extremely expensive. It’s very clean, well appointed, and elegant place.

January 23, 2016

By Sandy119004250

The Bristal was brand-new. So, it was spotless. The people were very friendly, and accommodating. Mom’s best friend was in there. It was most beautiful, but it still was more of that nursing home, and not as independent as my mom needed.

September 30, 2015

By Priscilla7

For now The Bristal is working out fine for my aunt. It was a very beautiful facility, it was brand new, and it really was like a luxury hotel. I can't think of anything they didn't have. It was beautifully decorated. The staff was very caring and friendly. We had a wonderful lunch in a beautiful dining room. They have a swimming pool, so I don't think they're missing anything; they even have a playroom for young children visiting. My aunt had decided to go there, and then at the last minute, I think she couldn't give up her things. The rooms were beautiful. You could see that they were really caring. It would have been a place where all her needs would be met. They look very attentive. I would have had no worries if she would have gone there.

August 31, 2015

By Roberta19

The Bristal at Lake Grove was beautiful and brand new, and there was more to offer, but I couldn't afford anything more than a studio there. I really wanted to have a one-bedroom apartment, but they were more expensive. The staff seemed very friendly and very helpful. The apartment was very nice. It had a kitchen area, but no stove. You're not allowed to cook a meal, but they did have a sink, a microwave, and a refrigerator. The unit was bright and cheerful, and it was brand new, so there's nothing really wrong with it yet, and I did like it. If I could've afforded it, I probably would have chosen that. They had a more diversified menu, more choices on the menu, and more activities available. They had an outdoor swimming pool and an in-house beauty parlor. They had a lot of common areas there. They even had a family room that you could reserve for the day and have your family come and spend the day with you. It had a kitchen, you could cook in there with your family, and you could have your own little private dining room.

August 22, 2015

By Anonymous111937450

The Bristal at Lake Grove was very nice. It was brand new. The rooms were OK. They were expensive. They gave us breakfast, which was nice. They also gave us a little gift bag. I would recommend it.

August 17, 2015

By Linda109647750

My dad is at The Bristal at Lake Grove, and we are very happy with it. My dad is happy there. I think he is having excellent care. I will recommend it to people looking for assisted living. I like everything about the place.

July 06, 2015

By Caring107020350

The Bristal was very impersonal. It was brand new, and the rooms were fabulous, but I wasn't happy with the staff or the security.

The Bristal at Lake Grove is one of our newest communities, and we are quite pleased with how things are steadily unfolding since opening in May 2015. The community is filling up at a brisk pace, and we have gotten wonderful reviews from resident families who have found a real solution here for the seniors in their lives. In senior care, as with most things in life, perceptions are subjective, based on individual needs and circumstances. We appreciate the perspectives of all our residents and their families, and we use this information to continue delivering the best in all we do. We believe we have found an ideal balance between residents feeling that they are safe, secure and well cared for, while their need for independence is still honored and respected. The fact that The Bristal organization has been frequently recognized and awarded during our more than 10 years of operation is certainly confirmation of our efforts and achievements. But our greatest reward comes from hearing from our resident families directly that we have met and, so often, exceeded their expectations. We are an organization that believes in evolution as well as the continual pursuit of excellence, and we learn from every opinion shared by those who have personally visited and/or have chosen The Bristal as their senior care solution. We encourage, welcome and value all reviews. In addition, please consider this: When it comes to making a choice about an Assisted Living community, we have found, over our more than a decade operating, that every resident and family has unique and diverse needs — distinct expectations, priorities, perspectives and experiences — and that some aspects which prove essential for some families are less important to others. This is why we encourage all families who are considering The Bristal to visit us in person, take a tour, ask their own questions, and see for themselves what makes us such a successful and sought after senior care solution in the communities we are privileged to serve.

Independent Living Reviews for The Bristal at Lake Grove

June 17, 2015

By chris0754

My parents moved into The Bristal in Lake Grove 2 weeks ago and we all could not be happier. First of all, the place is beautiful. The apartments are a nice size, and the decor in the common areas is magnificent. You feel like you are in a luxury hotel. Everyone that works there is so nice. We have not run into anyone who has not gone out of their way to be friendly and accommodating. My parents rave about the food, and love the activities offered. They are already making friends, and enjoying the facilities. I would highly recommend The Bristal in Lake Grove to anyone looking for an assisted living facility.

Memory Care Reviews for The Bristal at Lake Grove

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Staff Patient Ratio: 8 To 1

• Licenses: Enhanced

About The Bristal at Lake Grove

The Bristal at Lake Grove is a lovely assisted living community, situated just minutes from Long Island’s historic Three Village Area. This is our third Suffolk County assisted living residence. Like all communities of The Bristal Assisted Living, the senior care that residents will experience here will be outstanding in every way, from independent living to Reflections, a secured neighborhood dedicated to residents with Alzheimer’s and other memory impairments. The Bristal Assisted Living at Lake Grove offers the finest in senior living you’ll find on Long Island. A perfect balance of care and independence. When you enter any community of The Bristal, you immediately sense a feeling of strength and confidence, one that results from many years of experience in retirement living spread across multiple communities located in the tri-state area. And The Bristal staff members always keep residents active and lively. There’s never a dull day.

Map of The Bristal at Lake Grove