Atria Hertlin Place

Atria Hertlin Place (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Atria Hertlin Place

Independent Living Reviews for Atria Hertlin Place

By Bradcooper

I was it the atria facility visiting my grandmother I want will say that the receptionist was very warm when she greeted me. She took my temperature and signed me in. At the time of my visit my grandma was downstairs in the lobby where there was a guy singing and Play the keyboard all the residents seems to be having a great time it was like a live concert actually. Overall my grandmother seems very happy living there I make it a duty of mine’s to visit her every other week and every time I go to staff is very friendly.

t was wonderful to welcome you back again! Thank you for your support of us throughout the pandemic. Looking forward to even more visits in the future.

By Mom’s Son

Mom’s been a resident at Atria Hertlin Place since October 2019. Like others, she resisted the move because she did not want to leave her home of 60 years, but the time had come to do so. Mom has a beautiful apartment that she has made her own. She loves the meals, the wonderful entertainment, her physical therapy in the exercise room, her new-found friends and the Rosary meetings. I have to give a big “thumbs-up” to Lauren, the Executive Director, who runs the building with great personal care for the well-being and satisfaction of every resident I have spoken to at Atria, including my own mother. Thank you Lauren. Our family has never doubted that Mom’s needs are taken care of and we visit with her often. I highly recommend this excellent residence!

We're thrilled that your mom calls Atria home. It's our pleasure to deliver quality service each and every day. Thank you for sharing your experience!

By rainbow519

The staff is very caring, competent, and attentive. The facility is always very clean and there are always activities that are being done. There is always someone around to help you answer any questions. I feel very comfortable having my loved one in this facility and would recommend it highly.

Hello, Your compliments are a highlight for our team. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for choosing Atria.

By natlam

I have a relative that has been staying at a Atria Hertlin place For a few years now and she loves it. The staff is so attentive and always trying best to accommodate the needs of their residents. The facility is always very clean and spotless. The activities are engaging and I love the movies they pick for the residents. My relative always tells us how much she loves this community! thank you to all the wonderful staff!

Thanks for sharing your kind compliments of our team. Your feedback is important to us, so thank you for sharing your experience.

By domang83

My grandmother is a resident at Atria Hertlin Place. From the front desk to her apartment I feel nothing but warmth and happiness and cleanliness. The staff is attentive, kind and patient. The building is updated, well kept and smells clean. The residents are smiling, engaging and happy. She has been there for 2 years she and we as a family couldn’t be happier with our decision!

We're thrilled to have your grandmother call our community home. Thank you for sharing, and thank you for choosing Atria.

March 23, 2021

By Reviewer2020

The room was nice and the amenities started out great. Changes in staff changed that and many of the amenities that were promised were not provided. Food was subpar. Covid put a big dent in activities but there was no reduction or compensation in rent which went up every year. Most of the staff were friendly and tried to do their best. Jewelry disappeared from my mom's room.

March 21, 2021

By Reviewer RC#0309

We toured Atria Hertlin Place, and we've decided to move in there. We chose this community because it's close to where I live now, so we're not moving out of the area. It was also very clean, and the people were very gracious. They brought us around and showed us the different rooms they have. We met some of the residents and they were very kind to us. It was a very nice meeting. Jennifer walked us around and she was very informative and very pleasant. She made us very comfortable.

November 24, 2020

By Jennapher

I went to Atria Hertlin Place. They wanted a move-in check for $10,038, I got that check, I went back, and the people I was supposed to give the check to weren't there, and then I lost it. I tried to go back in anyway, and told them I could get a replacement, but then they didn't take me, and now I'm having a problem because I can't get the money. They advertised that they do the housekeeping, and that's mainly what I needed. The facade was good, they served a meal, and that was pretty good.

October 28, 2020

By Timmi

I went to Atria Hertlin Place. That was not appropriate for my dad. Once I got inside I realized independent would have been him ten years ago, so it was not really appropriate for him. It was a great tour, it was a wonderful place, it was clean, I got there when it was actually snack time, and they were rolling around drink carts, not alcohol drinks, but cold and hot drinks, and snacks for people, and everyone seemed very happy. It really was a really nice place. It was very clean, and nicely updated inside and out. I saw a crafts place, salon, and exercise room.

July 10, 2019

By Tour

Atria Hertlin Place is a very good community. My mother-in-law is very happy there, and the residents are very nice. Overall, it's a very good place. The staff is very nice and friendly. Her room is nice, spacious, and comfortable. They come and clean her apartment once a week, which they have never ever missed. The dining room is pretty and comfortable, and the dining room staff is very nice, but the food is marginal. They have frequent opportunities to leave on the bus and go to various places like the supermarket, movies, and casino. The in-house activities are boring.

Thank you for visiting us at Atria Hertlin Place! It was lovely to show you around, and we hope to see you again soon.

March 22, 2019

By Carol

Atria Hertlin Place is a very nice community, and I love it here. The staff is courteous and helpful. I have a beautiful room with a living room, a bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, and a den. They have a sheet every day with all the activities listed. You can be busy all day long if you choose to. They have trips to the casino and shopping. It's very clean and very well decorated. It's a very pleasant place to live. It's as close to a home as you can get. Everybody's friendly. If there's something on the menu that you don't like, they'll substitute. They're very flexible and very accommodating. The food is good. There's cereal, oatmeal, bagels, and rolls for breakfast, and it's cafeteria style. There are exercise classes every day and movies twice a day. It's expensive, but you don't have to pay for anything else other than your cable. Your meals and linens are included. The only thing you take care of is your own laundry. Everything else is done for you. It's worth the money.

Carol, It is our pleasure to serve you and everyone in our community. Your feedback is important to us at Atria Hertlin. Thank you for sharing your experience and kind words!

April 30, 2018

By Margaret

I liked Atria Hertlin Place a lot. They had movies two times a day, church on Sundays, transportation to go shopping, and close-by doctors. They also had exercise classes, and they would provide two meals a day. They had a nurse on-duty 24 hours a day and a doctor who comes once a week.

By Youravonlady04

I know she is happy there. I can't say enough good things about the staff. Never have I found so many kind and CARING people in one place. The food is delicious!! She was able to bring her dog which was worth a million to her. The community is clean. The grounds are BEAUTIFUL!! When I am there I notice people having fun, being social and sharing in friendship. It seems like they always have something to look forward to. I never have to worry - she is getting taken care of very well.

By jennrinaldiae@aol.com

Atria Hertlin Place is an extremely warm and friendly community. I have visited it on a few occasions. All my questions were answered by their attentive, kind and understanding staff. After attending a wonderful party I realized it was definitely the place for my Mom. I would recommend Atria Hertlin Place to all my friends and family members

By domang83

Atria Hertlin Place has been home to my grandparents for 6 months now. It is truly their home. All of the staff goes above and beyond. My family and I couldn't be happier with the decision to move them there.

January 31, 2016

By Visitor118911650

They invited me to a party at Atria Hertlin Place with the families of the people who live there. The food was all fried, delicious, pounds of cheese, plenty of food, plenty of chocolates and sweets, and I figured at least half of those people had to be diabetic and there was no regard for diet or anything like that. Everything was rich and fattening and sugary, and everybody was eating and enjoying, but it just wasn’t healthy. The families loved that their people were being taken care of, but the people were not happy. Then, I was in the main lobby and they were playing Bingo and that took about an hour, and then immediately after they had an entertainer. They never said to these people after 15 or 20 minutes, “Let’s get up, let’s stretch, let’s move,” nothing. It’s just one thing after another, they keep them busy, but it’s not constructive. Nobody sits for an hour without getting up; it should be like 20 minutes. These were old people and they were incapacitated, so there was the food that I wasn’t crazy about. I’m sure those people were on special diets, and then there was the just keeping them busy. The rooms were very small with a lot of doorways. When I looked at some deluxe rooms, there was one door leading to the entrance, then there was another door on the wall leading to the other bedroom, another door on the other wall leading to another bedroom, and then another door on the same wall leading to the kitchen, so you had no wall space at all in the main room, and it was small and not much closet space. It’s really a business. There’s no consideration. These people, I’m sure their families have to chip in for them, and who could afford this? It’s very sad. There’s no limit that they put a 9 percent increase, and then an additional increase within a year. It’s outrageous.

Thank you for reaching out. We post our Engage Life calendar on our website - there you can see we host over 200 events and programs each month, with at least two health and fitness opportunities every day. We also host monthly Food for Thought meetings, were residents, families and friends can discuss their dining preferences directly with our chef - we encourage all to attend!

September 12, 2015

Atria was nice. The people were friendly and nice too. They had bingo, trips, travelling, library, and movies. It’s a fairly new place.

April 03, 2015

By Caring108772050

I signed a residency agreement at Atria Hertlin Place. They took over $9000 from me, and within three business days, I canceled it. My mother decided at the last minute to not go. They refunded, but they kept $1700; I'm not sure why. The place physically was very nice, acceptable, clean, decent, and well kept. They seemed friendly enough. The rooms looked fine. I wanted her to go there. The location was good for her. From where she was living, it's only a mile or two away. They need to be a lot clearer about the financial arrangements and cancellation. They have some things in their lease agreements. It's stated that when you want to move out, they bill you for this amount, and they ultimately wind up keeping a certain portion of your money. It says within three business days if you cancel, you'll get a refund, and within three business days I canceled, so I'm not sure why they're keeping $1700.

Thanks for reaching out. If there is more about your experience that you'd like to let me know, I can be reached directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com.

July 09, 2014

By Teresa32

My husband has a lot of medical issues. He has back problems, so he was on a medication that a lot of people wouldn't accept and the Atria did. The atmosphere is very good. It's independent living, but my husband is only 59. There are a lot of elderly there and a lot of people with dementia and Alzheimer's, and also alcoholics go there. They give them wine on Friday and Saturday nights, which I don't think is right. He's not fitting in with the atmosphere very well. It's 1-room with a kitchen area. It's small, but he doesn't seem to complain about it. For the price I'm paying, he should be in a much bigger room. They take them out shopping. They have transportation for his medical supplies. He said the food is very good. He's had some problems with the nurses. I pay $265 for them to give him his medication. They could improve on better communication with the residents there. The doctors need to be on top of medications. Some staff are good, some are bad. The director is wonderful. As far as I've seen, they seem to be very good.

Thank you for providing feedback of your husband’s experience. It is wonderful to hear that you feel good about our community and we would like to speak with you further to gain a better understanding of your concerns. We appreciate and welcome your input on how we can improve. Please feel free to email us directly at customerservice@atriaseniorliving.com and if you would kindly include “Atria Hertlin Place” in your subject line, we can quickly include the right people in the correspondence. We are here to help!

August 08, 2012

By Appreciative one

This is probably the best level of "Independent Living" facilities to be found. My mom was there in her final years and there was no effort spared to make the residents happy. My analogy was "a fairly new cruise ship on land". Each days "events", always listed at the main desk, included chauffered stretch limousine trips to grocery stores, movies and events of interest. Tenants were offered one day prescription pick-up and delivery, bed & linen laundry, restaurant-like dining facilities with quality menus and meal variation. Group events were held by staff in the beautiful main lobby with it's stunning masonry fireplace ambiance, and an effort was made to support needs of aging seniors. Guests of residents were treated excellently, to the point of approval of dining with the residents. I believe I was told the restaurant staff were a mix of "pros" and college level food service industry students. The building was secure, heating & air-conditioning were excellent, on-site maintenance was always available in reasonable time frames - truly a full service offering. The "campus" is very well maintained, the housing offered a mix of different studios and one bedroom furnished or unfurnished rentals with full double loaded corridor kitchens; phone, internet and cable TV readily available. The facility offered 24 hour coverage of a local resident emergency call alert system. Rental rates were in line with local deals on Long Island (NY) which may have been a bit "pricey". The only drawback I felt was that the operation was represented as totally funded by rentals, and I felt I wanted it to succeed but it would been nice to hear how they otherwise generate revenue. There were absolutely no greedy five figure fees for rental application evaluations or other disencentives which we encountered elsewhere. I am happy to encourage everyone to take a look; this is so "up-front" they offer a one month FREE trial rental of a fully furnished one bedroom unit; actual rentals are on a month to month basis. My mom eventually passed on. The Hertlin House was fully attentive to her spiraling medical problems and we were on best of terms when her rental was concluded. I wish Hertilin House the best!

Costs for Atria Hertlin Place

Photos of Atria Hertlin Place

Services and Amenities of Atria Hertlin Place

• Activities Extra: Shabbat Service

• Get Costs

About Atria Hertlin Place

Set on 14 magnificent acres in the beautiful hamlet of Lake Ronkonkoma, Atria Hertlin Place offers an independent lifestyle for today's active older adults. Our convenient location provides easy access to the surrounding area, local beaches, and the exclusive shopping, restaurants and museums of the City. Reminiscent of a traditional country manor, Atria Hertlin Place offers a serene setting for spending your time on your terms. Enjoy a classic film in our movie theater, refresh and relax in our full-service beauty salon, or join us for an invigorating workout in our fitness center. At Atria Hertlin Place, you are free to do what you love, while our 24-hour staff handles the rest.

Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 28 states and seven Canadian provinces. We are the residence of choice for more than 20,000 seniors, and the workplace of choice for more than 12,000 employees. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them keep making a positive difference in our world.

Map of Atria Hertlin Place