Golden Livingcenter - Plattsmouth

Golden Livingcenter - Plattsmouth (844) 334-3818

Reviews of Golden Livingcenter - Plattsmouth

Nursing Home Reviews for Golden Livingcenter - Plattsmouth

September 12, 2014

Golden Living Center – Plattsmouth was great, and they were great with my dad. He was there for probably a year, and he did great. It was just that it cost a lot. The nursing home part was kind of old, and they were remodeling it, but the memory care unit was beautiful, and it was a community; it was homelike. They did activities with him almost every day and he was hardly ever in bed when we went there. He was up eating and talking to people, doing activities all the time or out in the courtyards because they would take him outside in the courtyards. It was really nice. The activities were great. My dad loved it. He never fell, and I don't remember them ever calling us and telling us that he fell or got hurt or anything. The staff was very, very kind, and very well-educated. None of them acted like they were unsure of what to do. Any questions we had got answered by the person that we asked. Their dementia care was a locked unit, and my dad was in it. He wasn't a wander risk, but they decided to put him over there just because he was acting a bit unstable with his dementia. I don't think we ever saw them understaffed, and the place was immaculate and clean. The only concern that we had when we were over there one time was that we had a hard time getting in. We were a little frustrated because when we first got there and he had been admitted, we weren't sure where he was, and when we asked the nursing home side of it, nobody knew. It was just a little disorganized on the nursing home side. But, it was great.

September 22, 2012

By BigRudy13

The staff was professional through out the time that we spent there, however they were also lacking in tidiness or could be said they appeared sloppy in appearance. The nurses did seem very dedicated to the area that my family member was in, working long hours and just caring really struck me as a positive feature. The facility was always clean itself but the actual amenities needed to updated in my opinion. There was also no smell typically associated with nursing homes; this was a big factor for me, as then other younger members of my family wouldn't remember this family member in a negative light. The rooms also had locks on them, which I liked because it allowed my family member to be able to keep personal mementos and there was no real worry of items being stolen. The biggest gripe I had with this establishment was that I never really saw the main doctor that was assigned to my family member, and I had to go through the nurses to actually communicate with the doctor. Overall, this was a good establishment for my family member until she passed, I am happy that she had a very nice place to spend her last few months.

February 16, 2012

By Cheyenne Dooley

I felt very uncomfortable leaving my grandmother at the Golden Living center for many reasons. The first, there was a very harsh smell when you walked in the door my mother and I were debating if it was the smell of urine or puke. Secondly, the staff was VERY unhelpful. It seemed like they didn't care, and the family was just a burden to them. Also, the staff did not appear to be of very good quality; the appearance of a few were a bit disturbing (with neck tattoos and no teeth) and many were very young and appeared to have little experience. Thirdly, the food that was served was horrible! My grandmother was a diabetic, and I didn't feel it was appropriate she was getting fed the same greasy pizza I ate in high school during lunch. Also, keeping in mind my grandmother was a diabetic, somehow, weekly, one of the workers thought it was okay to bring her ice cream from the local dairy queen. My grandmothers shape worsened when she was in the nursing home, and I can't help but place a bit of the blame on them for her early death.

About Golden Livingcenter - Plattsmouth

Golden Livingcenter - Plattsmouth is a senior living provider in Plattsmouth, Nebraska that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Golden Livingcenter - Plattsmouth for more details on services and rates.

Map of Golden Livingcenter - Plattsmouth