Big Bend Woods Healthcare Center

Reviews of Big Bend Woods Healthcare Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Big Bend Woods Healthcare Center

May 21, 2016

By Heidi K

I visited the lovely Big Bend Woods Rehab a few times in the past 6 months the staff are sooo warm and friendly, excellent nurses. the residents are so relaxed and happy, always Good activities and fun, the food looks so delicious like restaurants slyle. The renovations looks so beautiful like a five start hotel. I would recommend everyone that needs a rehab place should go to Big Bend Woods

May 16, 2016

By HMille

Updates?! This place is disgusting! We recently went to visit a friend, and the hallways wreaked of urine and feces. When we went to see her in her room, we were shocked at the lack of cleanliness and care. What a terrible place! I have seen a lot of nursing homes, some great, and others were OK, but this one was really awful. We felt like we were in a horror movie. The temperature was so hot in the whole facility that day, I felt like I would be sick...and she says she is freezing at night. The equipment was dated/ some even broken, the bathroom was worse than a gas station, and the lighting was flickering the whole time. In the main hallway, the staff work computer even had a note taped to the front of the screen, saying that patients are continually found with "soaked diapers" in the morning hours, and asking the staff "how would you feel?" Around the corner was the "guest bathroom" and there was the same note on that hallway computer. I'm also wondering how they can get away with having nurse station- charts and patient papers all over the desks (!), just laying out for everyone to see! Is this their idea of a work meeting for everyone, including guests to see? Worse yet, was that a nurse came in to give her medicine and called her by the wrong name and said, "whoops, I almost have you the wrong medicine!" Within an hour, a (very unfriendly) cafeteria worker came in with a food tray and there was another man's name on the sheet next to her tray. She had no idea if there was supposed to be dietary restrictions. We couldn't get out there fast enough and called the family immediately. Of course, as we left, the side door "security buzzer" was not even working, to let their own nurses/ workers into the building that were waiting outside for what they said was "12 minutes". We were shocked and wondering how is this place not shut down?!

March 21, 2013

By Kathy15

I preferred Big Bend Woods over others for my mother because of the cleanliness. The facility has a lot of open spaces like windows. I got a room for my mother, it is good. The food is very good, they prepare a balanced meal. The staff were very nice and knowledgeable, very welcoming. I would recommend the place to others.

November 20, 2011

By RachaelLa

While most facilities expect you to spend down your assets while living there and then will extend a medicaid paid bed to those who no longer have any money, Big Bend Woods opens it arms to all sorts of clients, regardless of their ability to pay. It is not the most up to date facility as a result, but it is clean, cheerful, accomodating to residents and their guests, and the staff is long term, kind, always willing to learn more, and spend a great deal of time caring for and being kind to residents of all abilities. I am so impressed with the facility that I have recommended it to several other people who are looking for a home for their loved ones. I couldn't say enough about how wonderful they have been with my aunt.

Services and Amenities of Big Bend Woods Healthcare Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 06/01/2019

About Big Bend Woods Healthcare Center

Big Bend Woods Healthcare Center is a senior living provider in Valley Park, Missouri that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Big Bend Woods Healthcare Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Big Bend Woods Healthcare Center