Chris Jensen Health & Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Chris Jensen Health & Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Chris Jensen Health & Rehabilitation Center

June 22, 2012

By CarsBoca76

While any occasion visiting a facility of this nature is naturally not a purely happy one, I will say that I enjoyed visiting this facility to see my grandmother. The staff was always friendly, helpful and understanding, and the building itself was very nice. I could tell that while my grandmother was not thrilled to be away from her home, she did have plenty to keep her occupied, and the staff treated her well. There were a number of different activities going on that kept the residents entertained, and they were obviously well cared for. While my grandmother was only there for a short period of time, it was nice to see her being taken care of until she could return to her own home.

November 18, 2011

By penguin1234

I would rate this among some of the lowest facilities I have been in. This facility (the part I visited), smelled of urine and feces. The residents didn't seem to matter to the aides and nurses. I watched a call light go off for over 10 minutes with no response from the employees. I had a friend whose father (a stroke victim) had fallen out of bed and was left stuck between the bed and the wall for around 20 minutes. While I was visiting, the staff was about 50/50 for politeness and helpfulness. The facility is difficult to navigate if you have never been in there before. A positive about this facility is that they have installed a transportation system in some of the rooms. The short/easy way to explain is that they are able to place paralyzed residents in swing. While the resident is in this swing they are able to move them around the room. Overall, there are more negatives then positives for this facility and I don't recommend letting your loved ones live there.

June 22, 2011

By WannaFai

I have had a couple of different experiences with Chris Jensen Health & Rehabilitation Center in Duluth, Minnesota, both as a relative of a resident and years later helping with ministry at that facility through the church I was attending at the time. My mom was a resident of Chris Jensen for the last 2 1/2 weeks she was alive; she died in September, 2003. She had decided not to pursue further treatment for cancer and was transfered there after a hospital stay. The staff did an excellent job meeting her needs and helping to make her as comfortable as possible during her last days. The nurses on her wing quickly came to recognize me as I stopped by for frequent visits; their personal attention to me helped me through a difficult time. For about a two year period from 2007 through 2009, I assisted with our church's nursing home ministry; I and another church member would lead worship and on occasion I would have the opportunity to preach a short sermon for the residents who came to the chapel on Sunday mornings. While I am now part of another church that has a different emphasis in its outreach ministry, it was a blessing being able to help, and again I found the staff generally helpful and friendly as they assisted with getting the residents seated and then taken back to their rooms after service. We also appreciated the facility welcoming our ministry and providing a well-equipped space to hold a traditional church service. One area of improvement for the facility would be that its amenities are somewhat lacking compared to other assisted living options in the Duluth area; there are some newer or more recently remodeled facilities with nicer accommodations and a greater variety of offerings. However, Chris Jensen is fully equipped to offer a wide range of services for patients with a variety of care needs, and again the friendliness and care from the staff seemed second to none.

Services and Amenities of Chris Jensen Health & Rehabilitation Center

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Chris Jensen Health & Rehabilitation Center

Chris Jensen Health & Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Duluth, Minnesota that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Chris Jensen Health & Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Chris Jensen Health & Rehabilitation Center