Cantata Adult Life Services Brookfield, IL

Reviews of Cantata Adult Life Services

Assisted Living Reviews for Cantata Adult Life Services

Independent Living Reviews for Cantata Adult Life Services

December 03, 2014

Cantata Adult Life Services seemed overpriced for what they were offering. The rooms were extremely small. They were clean and at a well-kept level. They did not have a urine smell. The nurses and assistants all seemed very nice. The people seemed nice. They did not seem to have as good of a program.

March 12, 2014

The Wye Valley apartments were very nice but they were very small. I would have to get rid of an awful lot of stuff before I'm ready to move in there. The group that I belong to is having a meeting there in some of their other rooms. It seemed to me like it was an appropriate place. They have been very generous in providing those. The services they offered to the group that I meet with had been very good. They offered a very nice meeting room, they provided lunch for us and that sort of thing. The food had been quite good.

Nursing Home Reviews for Cantata Adult Life Services

December 10, 2015

By Mary116909550

My mom is in Cantata Adult Life Services. Overall, we are satisfied with them. There were some concerns, but when I told them what we expected, they took it very well. They have assisted living also. We originally went to look at an apartment, but in the interim, she had a stroke, so she is in the skilled care part. She is in rehab because she has all kinds of issues, and they are one of the few places that do that rehab. They are very compassionate. It is a very small facility, which is nice. They have a good staff-to-patient ratio. We've had several meals there. My mom does not like the food, but my sister and I think it is perfectly fine. My mother is used to her own cooking. They have a tremendous rehab staff. They are excellent.

March 27, 2015

By 5555Barbara

One of my parents is a resident at cantata on the assisted living side. The rental is expensive and doesn't include much assistance. Every extra service is an additional cost. If we had more time, we would have gone elsewhere.

June 22, 2014

By irene s

i would not use this facility ! it was ok when it was the british home but now that cantat took over it has gone down hill. the staff is not very pleasant to residents. the workers are not very professional. clothing disappears, the physical therapy is completely useless . i have been at a new facility for 2 months and i am beginning to walk again i was at cantat for close to 3 years and never did they attempt to get me up even when i requested always was told your not ready i plan to be back in my own home in 6 months now that i am in a facility that cares

February 28, 2014

I walked through Cantata Adult Life Services' nursing home facility. I found the people there to be very nice to deal with. The place seemed to be very good. It seemed to me to be well kept and very attractive.

March 25, 2013

By A ZOO

Other

My parents lived at Cantata in Brookfield. It was terrible.. The staff complained to me when my elderly Mom pooped in her pants.

January 24, 2013

By CandiceF

My mom was happy with the lady from Cantata Adult Life Services. She was just fantastic, wonderful person. But her hours didn't meet with what we needed her for. They required more hours per day for someone to come out. We just couldn't do that because it depends on what my mom needs. Sometimes my mom needed her more, sometimes less. So we went with a private individual because her hours are better suited to our needs. My aunt was also a resident there for about four years before she passed. We couldn't be more satisfied with them. The grounds are gorgeous, the nursing home itself is spotless, very clean, and no smell. The staff is so helpful.

February 02, 2012

By Caring201973

Cantata is the new name for what had previously been the British Home and apparently its name was changed just a few weeks ago. I was told that the name change is an attempt to overhaul the stuffy image associated with the British Home. The word "Cantata" is derived from the Italian word "cantare" which means "to sing" and the name change is meant to convey a kind of new age composition of voices to care for the elderly. To my mind I never had that image of the British Home as being stodgy. I used to go biking along the bike trail just outside the home and I was more curious than anything. I had always associated the Home with Brookfield Zoo which is practically in its backyard. Nevertheless I can appreciate what the nursing home is trying to do in recreating its image. I would recommend this assisted living facility based on its cleanliness, the amount of light exposure from its modern windows and an ample size health center that also allows membership from the community. Indeed on the day that I visited I saw some very energetic seniors on bikes and tread mills and I was very impressed. These folks were trying to live life to its fullness! That along with the light streaming from the floor to ceiling windows in the lobby and throughout sold me. Like any place that you are deciding to live there are pros and cons. Another positive is the proximity to medical staff that are housed at the facility. The thing that I did not like about the facility was the rather nondescript furnishings (the chairs and tables throughout). The sitting rooms just didn't seem like a place I could relax, but that could just be my own taste. The dining room I thought was pretty generic (except for the windows). The menu did not impress me, but I will say that I did get a whiff of what smelled like peach cobbler and that was fantastic. I was told that meal preparation had been taken over by new management recently. I also did not care for the individual apartments, especially the carpet which was dark and seemed institutional. I will say that the facility was clean and smelled good. The receptionist and customer relations specialist were very nice and helpful. Overall I would recommend Cantata and this may be a great time to move here not only because of its name change, but the kind of upbeat image it is trying to promote.

Photos of Cantata Adult Life Services

• Companionship
  • Meal Preparation
  • Errand And Grocery Assistance

Travel

• Travel Details: Staff Will Travel 1 To 15 Miles To Provide Care.

Screening

Bonded/insured

• Bonded And Insured

• Licenses: IDPH State Licensing

About Cantata Adult Life Services

As a nonprofit, Cantata Home Services has been working in the community for over 20 years. Cantata Home Services provides affordable, non-invasive in-home support that allows our clients to successfully age in the comfort of their own home. In accordance with our nonprofit mission and vision, we provide traditional non-medical hourly services that include, but are not limited to, companionship, and also provide a task-based method of delivering care at home, Take2. Take2 is neighborhood focused and is effectively set up to take care of your scheduled service needs (bathing, meals, toileting, etc) while providing unscheduled support 24/7. We provide high quality of care and save our clients, on average, around 60%. All of our care is personalized to meet the needs of each unique individual. We provide free in-home assessments and on-site visits 24/7.

Map of Cantata Adult Life Services