Oak Hammock at the University of Florida

Reviews of Oak Hammock at the University of Florida

Assisted Living Reviews for Oak Hammock at the University of Florida

June 26, 2012

By K.T.

This facility met the needs of my Great Aunt through all of the stages of her cancer. She first started in an apartment style room. As her illness progressed, she was moved to a room with more medical equipment, nurses and around the clock care. I would like to note, there are "houses" outside of the main nursing building for people that can still be on their own with limited assistance from the nursing staff, although my aunt never lived in one. I visited the facility many times over the course of her stay. The rooms were clean and she was allowed to decorate the way that she liked (to an extent) in order for it to feel like a home. The nurses were always pleasant and friendly. The facilities were always clean and smelled fresh. The front desk staff followed the guidelines for signing in and signing out each time I would visit and they were always friendly. My aunt did not have complaints about this facility when we asked her. To the best of my knowledge, my aunt enjoyed her time at Hammock Oaks and I would recommend this facility to anyone requiring their services.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Oak Hammock at the University of Florida

January 12, 2015

By Emily14

I live in a CCRC, and I’m totally happy with it. Oak Hammond at the University of Florida is wonderful. They have all different kinds of living here. I live in a free standing house. If anything happens in the house, I call maintenance and they come right away to fix it. They have four models of houses ranging from 1700ft to 2300ft, and they have 16 models of apartments ranging from the Section C to 2300ft. The fees depend upon the unit you have. It includes a certain amount of meals, and the price of the food is a cost because they pay the help and the cooks and everything, but that’s part of your monthly maintenance. We have three areas to dine in --two dining rooms and a grill; one dining room has lower lights, the other has brighter lights. They’re both quite large, they have tablecloths, napkins, chairs on rollers, a couple of tables for four, a few for two, and each dining room has two tables for eight people. They have IORs that’s continuing learning and retirement, they have professors from the university, and they do regular courses; anybody from town can come just to pay a small fee to come to the classes. Every Friday night, they have a movie, gym, swimming pool, tennis courts, and if we have tickets to go to anything in town, they will drive us there. They allowed pets. I have two dogs, and you can use university facilities. They have a vet that comes once a month, and we have a dentist three days a week on the premises who is wonderful and has every new modern thing if ever wanted from a dentist. They have a nurse practitioner every day and a phlebotomist twice a week. There’s a wood working shop. We have quite a few people who have vegetable garden in plots. We have field trips, kayaking, biking, and we go to other towns. We’re going to a big cat rescue in Tampa next month.

April 21, 2014

By Susan73424750

Oak Hammock was very lovely. It had a gift shop and had a couple of places where you dine. I thought it was one of the places that had bars in them. It had a workout room. They had a two-bedroom apartment with a kitchen. When you walked out of your apartment, you would still have a roof over your head in the common walkway, where you could sit out, watch the rain, and feel the breeze. It was a few steps away from the main hall and elevator. That would take you to the dining room, to the clubhouse, to your room, and seminar rooms, and it was very lovely.

February 29, 2012

By VeryHappy1

Going to visit my grandmother here is always such a joy. Simply put, she always has a smile on her face. She is 82 years old and she is still kicking very strong because of Oak Hammock. They let you live your life, not control it. She and I have talked about her stay and she has loved all of it. The staffs are all very friendly and many are certified RNs which I think is a huge plus. She is friends with many of the people here and I know she leads a very active lifestyle. It seems like she does more things now than when she was younger which sure does make me happy. I know that she is even talking Spanish classes there which I think is great since she is able to use her brain and not just sit around all day looking at a TV. One super cool thing that I really like is that they are very into fitness and try to get you moving!
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (7) See fewer reviews

About Oak Hammock at the University of Florida

Refund Plans: 90% of Entrance Fee; 50% Refund (Price: 84% of Entrance Fee);Declining Balance at 2% per mo. for 53 mos. (Price: 75% of Entrance Fee)

Map of Oak Hammock at the University of Florida