Berthoud Living Center

Reviews of Berthoud Living Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Berthoud Living Center

August 04, 2011

By Karen C.1

Following a surgery, my Father was recommended rehab at Berthoud Living Center in Berthoud, CO. The administrator and charge nurse made the transition from hospital to the center flawless.In my experience as a CNA and working in nursing home facilities, I know that there are laws preventing residents from having any type of side rails on their bed. For my Father, this is a major issue as he has had both legs amputated above the knee for a few years and requires partial side rails and a trapeze to facilitate his bed mobility and getting in and out of bed with minimal help. In all honesty, to prevent my Father from having these two crucial tools is downright abusive. Without them, all he can do is lay flat on his back and cannot reposition himself in bed. In the past, at another facility, this led to a stage four decubitus ulcer on his coccyx.Because of this experience, I felt that I would have to fight with the nursing home staff so that he can use these items during his stay. After all, he does have them at home. Surprisingly, he had them by 10:00 PM on the very first day of his stay. It was wonderful for my Father, and for me, to have administrators and nursing staff that truly understood his need for these things.The rehab team was absolutely wonderful and my Father made such a recovery that he came out of this nursing home in better shape and with more strength and mobility skills than he had when he went in. During his four week stay, he genuinely had a wonderful time, participated in many activities with other residents, and would make Berthoud Living Center his first choice should he need this service in the future.

May 05, 2011

By abby2010

Friend or relative of resident

My mother presently resides in Berthoud Living Center since she became unable to care for herself. Although she hasn't been there long, we have observed that the staff have taken good care of her and made her as comfortable as possible, as she has multiple health problems (she's 98!). This facility is clean and well-run and the staff seem to care about their work. I can't vouch for the food but everything else about this place is very good.

About Berthoud Living Center

Berthoud Living Center is a senior living provider in Berthoud, Colorado that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Berthoud Living Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Berthoud Living Center