4 Assisted Living Facilities near Medford, WI
Also serving communities of Dorchester, Abbotsford.
There are 4 Assisted Living Facilities in the Medford area, with 3 in Medford and 1 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Medford is $3,862 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Wausau with an average starting cost of $3,821.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Medford. Better rated regions include Stratford with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Medford, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Medford, WI
1 Assisted Living Facility near Medford, WI
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Medford
Medford, Wisconsin, is best known as the home of Tombstone pizzas, but the city has plenty for its 315 seniors to do from walking along the Pipeline recreation Trails to stopping by the 8th Street Saloon for a drink. When retail therapy is in order, there’s a Discount Foods Tools and Surplus store that may have exactly what consumers are looking for. The city of Medford also has three assisted living facilities, for seniors who would like assistance with their personal care needs, with one more facility located in nearby Dorchester.
In Medford and in all of Wisconsin these facilities are licensed and governed by the Bureau of Assisted Living division of the Wisconsin Department of Health Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Medford
- Medford has a violent crime rate of 17.3, five points lower than the national average of 22.7; and a property crime rate of 35.5, slightly higher than the U.S. average of 35.5. Assisted living facilities generally have security precautions in place like alarms, self-locking doors, and cameras to keep seniors safe.
- Wisconsin taxes both retirement savings account withdrawals and private pensions which could affect how much money Medford Seniors can contribute toward their expenses.
- Medford’s cost of living is 86, lower than both the state average of 97.8 and the U.S. average of 100. Groceries, transportation, and housing expenses are all lower than the national average, but healthcare expenses are higher than the average at 102.8, which is something for seniors with chronic medical conditions to consider.
- The Medford area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Aspirus Medford Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- On a scale of 1 to 100 where lower numbers represent lower air quality, Medford has an air quality rating of 71, which might make the area ideal for seniors with respiratory issues.
- Living in Medford means cool summers where highs rarely rise above 79 degrees and cold winters with temperatures rarely dropping below 2 degrees. The city also gets 33 inches of rain and 48 inches of snow annually, which could complicate things for seniors who use mobility aids.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Medford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Wisconsin
Assisted Living costs in Medford start around $3,862 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Medford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Medford
Low-income Medford seniors have two options to choose from when it comes to assistance with their assisted living expenses. The Family Care program is a Medicaid Waiver program, and the Personal Care program option is offered under the state’s general Medicaid program. To qualify for these programs, seniors must meet specific financial and asset criteria.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Medford
Medford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Medford, please visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Medford
Medford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Wisconsin are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Wisconsin page for more information about these laws.