1 Assisted Living Facility in Richfield, UT
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Richfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Richfield 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Richfield, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Richfield
Richfield is a midsize town nestled in the Fish Lake Mountains in Sevier County, Utah. Despite being the largest South Central town in the state, Richfield seniors enjoy the slow living and picturesque scenery that only a mountain town can offer. There are only two assisted living facilities in the area, and just one is within Richfield city limits.
Utah provides assisted living facility licenses to two types of residences through the Department of Health, Facility Licensing and Certification. Type I facilities must provide care and services to at least two residents who are capable of exiting the building without assistance. Type II facilities provide services and care 24 hours a day to residents who are able to exit the building with the aid of one person.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Richfield
- Seniors can experience the full range of seasons with the diverse climate of Richfield. Temperature averages range from highs of 91 degrees in July to lows of 15 degrees in January.
- The Richfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Sevier Valley Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Richfield's cost of living is 4.3 percent below the national average, so seniors won't spend more overall. Health care costs are 18 percent above the average, while transportation costs are 32 percent below.
- Safety may be a concern for seniors. Richfield has been rated as less safe than 88 percent of United States cities. Violent crime is well below the national average with a 1 in 1,103 chance of being victimized. This means the crime rate is largely influenced by an unusually high rate of property crime, which calculates to a 1 in 27 possibility of victimization.
- Utah is not a tax-friendly state for seniors and retirees. All senior income is subject to Utah's flat state tax, including retirement income, such as 401(k)s, pensions and social security. A retirement credit of $450 can be claimed by those who are 65 or older.
- Seniors who are sensitive to air quality may have slight issues in Richfield with an average quality level that is a moderate health concern.
Paying for Assisted Living in Richfield
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Utah
Assisted Living costs in Richfield start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Richfield and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Richfield
Seniors who require a nursing-home level of care may be eligible to receive financial assistance from Utah Medicaid's Home and Community-Based Services waivers. The New Choices waiver is designed to help seniors transition into community-based services. The Aging waiver offers supportive services to seniors to prevent the need for nursing home admission.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Utah page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Richfield
Richfield and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Richfield, please visit our Assisted Living in Utah page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Richfield
Richfield-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Utah are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Utah page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Richfield, UT
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Richfield
Review of Beehive Homes of Richfield #2
I have visited this facility many times as a youth and as an adult. My church goes and visits the live in members once a month sometimes even twice. We take our youth there to sing them songs and... Read more