3 Assisted Living Facilities near Littlefork, MN
Also serving communities of International Falls, Ranier.
There are 3 Assisted Living Facilities in the Littlefork area, with 2 in Littlefork and 1 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Littlefork. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Littlefork 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Littlefork, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Littlefork, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Littlefork
Littlefork is a small town located close to the Canadian border, and retirees who enjoy the outdoors have ample opportunities to fish and explore the trails in local parks. Around 23% of the approximately 600 residents are aged 65 and over, and some of them made need assistance with daily activities, Littlefork has two assisted living facilities to accommodate their needs, and these facilities are licensed and monitored by Minnesota's Home Care and Assisted Living Program.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Littlefork
- The Littlefork area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in International Falls.
- Littlefork has mild summers, with an average high temperature in July of 79 degrees. Winters in the city are harsh. The average low temperature in January is -7 degrees and there are around 62 inches of snow each year, 34 inches more than the national average. This may be challenging for seniors who prefer warm weather.
- The overall cost of living in Littlefork is 79.5, which is more than 20 points lower than the national average on the Sperling index. Groceries in the town are slightly higher than average, but seniors with regular medical expenses may be able to save money on healthcare, which is more than 13 points lower than the U.S. average.
- Seniors in Littlefork may have a high tax bill, as all forms of retirement income are subject to income tax in Minnesota. This includes money from Social Security, retirement accounts and pensions. Sales taxes in the state are also high, although medications and most groceries and clothing are exempt.
- Littlefork is a low crime area. Sperling's crime index rates crime on a scale of 1-100, with 1 representing low crime. Littlefork's violent crime is ranked 9.1, compared to the Minnesota average of 15.7. Property crime is ranked at 20.2, 13 points below the Minnesota ranking of 33.2. This may be reassuring to seniors who worry about their safety.
- Seniors in Littlefork who like the arts have opportunities to enjoy the culture of nearby International Falls. The town has a community theater that hosts events throughout the year. Seniors can also cross into Canada and see exhibits or take classes in Fort Frances Museum.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Littlefork
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Littlefork start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Littlefork and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Littlefork
Littlefork residents who receive Social Security Income may be eligible for financial assistance from the Optional State Supplement. Minnesota also has an Elderly Waiver that some seniors may be able to access.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Littlefork
Littlefork and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Littlefork, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Littlefork
Littlefork-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Littlefork
Review of Jackpine Chateau
This is an awesome facility! Staff and residents are friendly and caring people. Activities are offered throughout the month and it is a beautiful, clean atmosphere. Read more