2 Assisted Living Facilities in Seneca, KS
Also serving communities of Hiawatha.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Seneca. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Seneca 3.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Seneca, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Seneca
Seneca, Kansas, is a historical city with a walking tour of the Main Street District where the city’s 562 seniors can hear tales of the Pony Express, the original jailhouse and the humble beginnings of the telephone and newspaper companies. For seniors who need help with daily living activities, the city is also home to two assisted living facilities.
In the state of Kansas, and in Seneca, both assisted living facilities and residential health facilities are licensed by The Secretary of Aging and Disability Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Seneca
- Seneca’s cost of living is 84.6, slightly lower than the national average of 100. Seniors can also expect to pay less for healthcare and transportation in the city. However, groceries are slightly higher than the national average at 101.7, which is something seniors may want to keep in mind when preparing their monthly budgets.
- Seneca has a violent crime rate of 11.3 and a property crime rate of 28, both lower than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively, which could make the area more attractive to seniors wanting to retire in a safe community.
- Seneca has good air quality which could be beneficial to area seniors with COPD or asthma. On a scale where 100 represents the areas with the best air quality, the city has a rank of 80, more than 20 points higher than the national average of 58.
- In Kansas, both retirement savings account withdrawals and pensions are fully taxed, which could put some stress on assisted living budgets for low-income Seneca seniors.
- The Seneca area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Nemaha Valley Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Residents in Seneca enjoy warm summers and cold winters where temperatures range between 88 and 15 degrees. The city gets 34 inches of rain and 19 inches of snow annually, both below the national averages of 39 and 26 inches, respectively. Despite all of the precipitation, the city still sees 214 sunny days each year, nine more than the national average of 205, which might be of interest to seniors who enjoy spending a lot of time outdoors.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Seneca
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kansas
Assisted Living costs in Seneca start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Seneca and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Seneca
KanCare, the Medicaid program in Kansas has a waiver that might help low-income seniors pay for assisted living expenses called the HCBS/Frail Elderly Waiver. Applicants must be at least 65 years old and be eligible for Medicaid to qualify.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Seneca
Seneca and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Seneca, please visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Seneca
Seneca-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Seneca
Review of Life Care Center of Seneca
Visited the facility twice, the Administrater was out of town both times. The staff was not very educated to answer my questions. When I finally spoke with the Healthcare Administrater she seemed ... Read more
Review of Life Care Center of Seneca
Life Care Center was average, and we really didn’t look at the rooms that much because of the price. They were average rooms. The staff seemed OK. I wasn’t satisfied with the idea that I couldn’t l... Read more
Review of Country Place Senior Living
Country Place is near the hospital I’m going to. The rooms were really nice. They were clean and an average size. The staff seemed excellent. The food was good the day I was there. They claimed the... Read more