3 Assisted Living Facilities in Washington, IN
Also serving communities of Odon.
The average cost of assisted living in Washington is $3,330 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Petersburg with an average starting cost of $3,060.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Washington. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Washington 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Washington, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Washington
Washington is a small city in southern Indiana that is home to just over 12,000 people. About 16 percent of the population is over the age of 65. When it comes to choosing an assisted living facility, seniors in Washington have limited options. The city itself is home to just three facilities, and there is only one located nearby. These facilities are officially known as Residential Care Facilities and are licensed by the Family and Social Services Agency Division of Aging. According to state law, facilities must provide at least one health-related service and two or more scheduled supportive services to five or more residents.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Washington
- Washington has a low cost of living that is nearly 30 percent below the national average. While groceries only cost slightly less than they do in other U.S. cities, seniors can expect to spend nearly 20 percent less on health care expenses and 30 percent less on transportation costs.
- While the property crime rate in Washington is high compared to the national average, its rate of violent crime is considerably lower.
- Public bus service in Washington is provided courtesy of the Washington Transit System which operates more than two dozen routes throughout the city. Older adults who are over the age of 60 are eligible to receive a fare discount.
- While Indiana seniors don’t pay a tax on their Social Security benefits, they are taxed on income they receive from pensions and retirement accounts. This may affect how much they can budget for assisted living expenses.
- Washington has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Med X-Press, an organization that provides medical transportation services to seniors who are Medicaid recipients, as well as one senior center.
- The Washington area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Daviess Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Washington
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Indiana
Assisted Living costs in Washington start around $3,330 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Washington and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Washington
Seniors in Washington can apply to receive financial assistance from several programs to help pay for their assisted living expenses, including Indiana Medicaid, the state’s Medicaid Aged and Disabled 1915 (c) Waiver program, the Indiana Residential Care Assistance Program and Supplemental Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Washington
Washington and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Washington, please visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Washington
Washington-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Indiana are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Indiana page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Washington
Review of Legends Village
We loved The Legends Village. The facility was very welcoming, and my mom has a little apartment with a separate bedroom, bathroom, a little sitting area, and a microwave and refrigerator in a smal... Read more
Review of Legends Village
Mom will be in Legends Village for 2 years in December. It’s a very nice facility. They prepare their meals. They go down to the dining room. I think the meals are fine. They do my mom’s laundry, a... Read more
Review of Legends Village
My parents are in Legends in Washington, Indiana. They are doing fine, and they love it. They have a beautiful apartment, and they have three meals a day with a chef. They have laundry facilities, ... Read more