Sweetbriar

Reviews of Sweetbriar

Assisted Living Reviews for Sweetbriar

February 27, 2018

By Tim

Sweetbriar was nice, pretty, and clean. The staff was more than helpful, answered questions, and made follow up phone calls. The dining area was nice.

November 15, 2014

By Hackman

Parent has been here little over year. I feel he is being well taken care of and never noticed any bad odor or unsanitary conditions. Would recommend

March 13, 2012

By usman

My grandmother was a resident of this facility. I have also visited her many times and i would like to recommend this facility to everyone who needs assisted living facility. Sweetbriar is a really nice assisted living facility in Dunbar, WV. Building is not only good looking from outside but really great from inside and very well decorated. The floor is carpeted and that's really comfortable. The facility is secured and alarms are set. Every staff member was kind and helpful not only with the residents of the facility but with the visitors also, and that thing really attracts me towards the facility because the staff is very friendly and treats everyone in real nice way. The food is awesome there. Rooms were neat and clean every time i visited the facility. One more positive point about this facility is that 2 or 3 hospital are nearby this facility. The rates are affordable for almost everyone so you don't need to worry about money. The five stars for this facility because no negative point can be found even when you think a lot to find a negative point about this facility.

June 23, 2011

By TriteGui

An elderly lady who was my neighbor as a child and a friend of the family has been a resident of this facility for a couple of years now. The facilities are very clean and there are rarely any noticeable odors. The floors are all carpeted, which I think is a good thing for falls, etc. This facility seems to have good security. The alarm was set once when I went out the door late one evening and I can tell you that it was definitely audible. Numerous staff members were on scene within a matter of seconds of the alarm going off. I have not eaten the food here, but the resident I know said she likes it. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Overall, I would say this is an excellent facility and I would feel at ease if one of my own family members were staying here. Of the different facilities such as this that I have been to, this would be my pick as the place to stay if I were ever to have to make a decision regarding this subject.

Costs for Sweetbriar

Photos of Sweetbriar

Services and Amenities of Sweetbriar

• General Store

• Pharma

• State Licenses: West Virginia Department of Health and Human Services

About Sweetbriar

Assisted Living

Assisted living housing is typically a long-term senior care option providing personal care and support services such as meals, medication management, bathing, dressing and transportation. At SweetBriar, we ensure residents feel at home, stay safe, are not forgotten and receive personalized assistance. Most importantly, we do so while still providing a sense of being at home and part of a community and not isolated from the outside world.

Secure Wing

A part of our facility is focused on providing a safe, home-like environment for residents who are at risk for elopement or “wandering off” due to dementia and/or other memory related impairments. This part of our residence provides a safe and secure environment with emphasis on daily activities, enriching lives while stressing the individual identity of each resident, promoting friendship, confidence and stimulation in a secure environment. Secured outdoor courtyards allow residents to enjoy nature and the outdoors without the risk of “wandering off”. Attention on quality of life will give you peace of mind while passionately enriching the lives of our seniors. A facility with a secure wing is most often considered the best place for a patient with Alzheimer’s or Dementia. Residents in SweetBriar Assisted Living’s Secure Wing live in private or semi-private rooms, have structured schedules and are cared for by staff members specifically tr ained on caring for those with memory impairment.

Respite Care

Residents at SweetBriar for respite care enjoy the same services and amenities available to permanent residents. Respite care usually refers to a short-term stay at a senior community. This is a great option for an elderly or disabled person needing temporary day-to-day supportive services.

At SweetBriar Assisted Living, residents enjoy specialized personalized services, a social atmosphere, quality care, Emergency Call System, a peaceful home-like setting in either a deluxe room, studio apartment, or one bedroom apartment – all with private baths.

Map of Sweetbriar