Brookdale Ennis

Brookdale Ennis (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Brookdale Ennis

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Ennis

April 01, 2014

Sterling House is made in a square, but in the middle, it's like a garden. It's grass, but you can go outside, and you can just sit. You don't have people coming in off the street. It's very tranquil. I had my mom living there a number of years. What I liked when I went is some of the same staff was there when my mom was at Sterling House. I think that speaks well for it. They have 3 different room choices, but all of them are single occupancy. There's the smallest, which doesn't have a separate living room. The middle size has a living room space that's attached to the bedroom. The larger one, there are no doors between the living room, but it's more defined. When my mother was there, I ate lunch with her frequently, and the food was fine. They allow small pets. There's a fellow who comes in and plays his guitar, and they do a sing along. They do some arts and crafts, some card games, and bingo. They have a mini-bus, and you make trips to Wal-Mart and to the grocery store. Family members are free to come and get you and take you to the restaurants.

August 13, 2012

I visited Sterling House. The staff were very nice and very accommodating. They have a beautiful yard and it's really relaxing. You can see that the residents are well groomed and I guess they are eating the right food. The dining area is very spacious and it's like a restaurant, I must say. I like the place because they have a home-like environment. Two of the lady staff that I spoke with were very nice and tried to tell me a lot about the living lifestyle in the community. The only thing that I wasn't able to get this facility for my mom is their pricing. They were out of my range, that's why we didn't use them for mom. But it is a very beautiful community.

Questions about Brookdale Ennis

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Ennis. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Our average age is around 85 years old. The residents here enjoy listening to music and playing games. The residents are pretty active and engaged in the community. The families are very engaged in the community as well. It's a very small town, tight-nit community atmosphere.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Ennis offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The daily exercise program, Bing, arts and crafts (painting/ceramics), movie night with popcorn, weekly manicures (nail painting free of charge), salon services (for charge).

What places are near Brookdale Ennis or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Lion park is nearby and the Avenue church is next door. MD, Chiropractor, Dentist and Optometrist across the street.

What transportation services does Brookdale Ennis offer to assisted living residents?

Brookdale Ennis has a community 12 passenger bus with a wheelchair lift, available for resident transportation and activities. Transportation is offered for medical appointments on T/Th.

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Ennis exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Our dining services manager owns a private culinary business and was voted top culinary business by Ennis Daily News! She has a passion for serving seniors and amazing food!

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Ennis offer to assisted living residents?

COVID screening for every visitor prior to entry. Residents are screened 3 times per day. The community has secured doors with keypads for external entry. Associates are screend for COVID 2x day. 24 hour awake staff .

How does Brookdale Ennis keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

ED sends out email weekly, also communicates through phone calls frequently. Recently started Zoom calls for community updates.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Ennis during daytime and nighttime hours?

Our staffing is unique to Brookdale. We staff according to our resident acuity not the state mandates, which means we most often exceed the state minimum requirements for staffing. Currently, we have our nurse plus 2 caregivers during the day and 2 caregivers at the second shift and night. Our RN is on call 24/7 as well as our ED.

If Brookdale Ennis accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Yes we are pet friendly and we have a lovely courtyard the residents and pets can access any time.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Annual in-service training is completed for all associates (12 hours annually) in addition all associates receive 24 hours of training at new hire. Ongoing COVID training has been added as needed.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Ennis provide to protect residents who wander?

We have secured/alarmed exterior doors that are managed through alarms and our phone/pager system.

Photos of Brookdale Ennis

Services and Amenities of Brookdale Ennis

• Low Fat
  • Low Salt

• Pets: Yes

About Brookdale Ennis

Brookdale Ennis provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale's signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

Map of Brookdale Ennis