Heartland Healthcare Center- Charleston

Reviews of Heartland Healthcare Center- Charleston

Nursing Home Reviews for Heartland Healthcare Center- Charleston

September 01, 2016

By William177120

My wife is in rehab right now at Heartland. It’s really nice. She likes it. The staff seems to be really nice. She seems to be happy there. She gets physical therapy and occupational therapy. She has somebody to take her either in a wheelchair or walk with her with a walker and gets three meals a day. The staff seems to be very helpful. I don’t have any complaints with them. The facility’s services seem to be adequate. It’s nice. Her room is good. She has the room by herself, which gives her a lot more room. It is OK. I’m satisfied.

February 27, 2015

By myfamlymylife

My uncle attend this facility after having major surgery. He was making great strides at the hospital then all progress stopped after he came here. He grew more miserable and depressed with every visit. Then when he was finally given a speech value and could communicate again. He let us in on some of the things that were happening to him. We ended up having him removed from this place because he had to be hospitalized due to getting the pneumonia. He was NPO (nothing by mouth) as he had a feeding tube and his muscles were very weak and couldn't swallow food (everything went straight to his lungs). A staff member gave him medication by mouthw causing the pneumonia to set in. He was unable get around without help also. He told us after his hospitalization that he sat in diarrhea for 5 hours before he got help. He also had bed sores after attending here. When we were there we had him ring the nurses station just to see how long it took for them to respond. We were there over an hour and nothing. Please don't send a love one here if they are not entirely independent . Some of the staff were exceptionally friendly but others seemed just stressed out and too busy to care. Certain areas smelled strongly of urine and feces constantly. I realize nursing homes are severely under staffed but that is no reason to treat those who depend on you in their families absence so inhumane.

August 26, 2013

By Olive2

My dad had his rehab at Heartland Health Care Center. The physical therapists were wonderful and he enjoyed the people working with him. However, his biggest complaint was the food and it appeared that the people preparing the food were not from the South. The residents there were from the South and they were all complaining about the food. I'm sure it was nutritious, but it was not appealing to them.

Services and Amenities of Heartland Healthcare Center- Charleston

About Heartland Healthcare Center- Charleston

Heartland Healthcare Center- Charleston is a senior living provider in Hanahan, South Carolina that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Heartland Healthcare Center- Charleston for more details on services and rates.

Map of Heartland Healthcare Center- Charleston