The Heritage of Green Hills

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

200 Tranquility Lane, Reading, PA 19607
The Heritage of Green Hills (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 10 days

January promotion! One month free basic room and board. One Time Community Fee of $1,000 waived. Up to $1,000 financial assistance towards moving costs!

Reviews of The Heritage of Green Hills

Assisted Living Reviews for The Heritage of Green Hills

August 29, 2012

By Sunflowers28

My mom lives at Greens Hills Manor at The Heritage. Our family has always been very pleased with the care that mom recieves. The staff are kind and loving, which has always been important to me. Mom has had no complaints. She loves doing all of the activities that they have for her, especially bingo! I give Green Hills Manor 2 thumbs up!

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for The Heritage of Green Hills

April 14, 2017

By John036224

The Heritage of Green Hills was everything we were looking for. The staff was very nice. The rooms and apartments were nice. We looked at a 1-bedroom with a den, and it would have been sufficient for us. The whole place was really nice.

December 07, 2016

By JenniferA

The Heritage is a lovely facility. They provide many activities for active seniors and it is a friendly environment with wonderful residents. Please, just make sure your loved ones can afford to live there. This is a buy-in and you need to make sure that you have a 3rd party financial advisor helping you with your decision. Do NOT rely solely on your own judgements or on the Heritage's judgements as to whether you can afford to live there or not. My parents were given incentives to sell their house and were told by the Heritage's financial department that they could afford to live there. However, this was a short-sighted venture. They took the money from my parent's home that they lived in for over 30 years and then with the monthly payments, dwindled there savings down to nothing. To continue to stay there it was suggested that they could give my parents assistance if they sold their car and gave them the money for it. Hence, no money OR freedom. PLEASE seek help from a 3rd party financial advisor. My parents now have to move. Again. And the new living environment is not going to be quite so lovely,

November 30, 2016

By Michele214260

My visit at The Heritage of Green Hills was very good. The staff was absolutely wonderful, knowledgeable, and informative. It was extremely clean, and the food was excellent. The rooms had a lot of variety in types and sizes -- excellent layouts. It was really a nice place.

September 23, 2015

By PaulL

This is an excellent choice in independent living for retirees. There are many different apartments styles and sizes and a "villa" which are attached homes with a garage. There are two dining rooms and a bar. The Tavern is more informal and used for breakfast, lunch and buffets. The Brandywine is the main dinner venue. The menu changes every day, but has some permanent items also. My apartment has two bedrooms, two baths, a large dining-living room area and a galley kitchen. Decor is up to the resident. The community is very active. The Heritage has a gym and a swimming pool. An exercise room has many choices and is also an in-house movie theater! People like the place because everyone is friendly and open. The residents are encouraged to join the many committees which helps residents have programs they would like and can comment to management about needs and changes. When I moved here in 2011, I made the right choice and the right time.

September 17, 2013

By Aileen43

There is a buy-in at the Heritage. The apartments are very nice and the dining room is also. But it was pretty expensive. We had lunch and what we had was very good.

August 10, 2013

By active senior

The Heritage of Green Hills is a warm and friendly place with both apartments and villas. It is small enough so everyone gets to know each other but large enough to provide multiple activities to get physically and mentally fit. It's resort living in a caring community.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (10) See fewer reviews

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

• Get Costs

About The Heritage of Green Hills

The Heritage of Green Hills is a healthy, life plan community geared toward seniors 55+ years in age located in the suburbs of Reading, PA. Independent living residents take advantage of our Well By Design program. This is a body, mind, spirit program which focuses on 8 dimensions of wellness. Independent living residents are healthy, active seniors who enjoy living in a casual, fun environment. Our Well Designed Home Care program allows independent living residents to remain in the residence as long as they prefer. Home care can be provided right in their apartment or villa, allowing couples to remain together longer and also allows residents to remain independent as long as possible. Personal care and secure memory care is also provided on campus. Professionally licensed nurses deliver the highest quality of care in a home-like environment. A new health center is currently being developed with an anticipated completion in 2022.

Friendly, casual environment in a peaceful setting. The Well By Design program is executed differently than most other senior living communities. Programs like bull riding in the all-season pool, belly dancing, parties and more. This community is a 4-time winner as the best senior living community in Berks County.

Map of The Heritage of Green Hills