Manorcare Health Services-king of Prussia

Reviews of Manorcare Health Services-king of Prussia

Nursing Home Reviews for Manorcare Health Services-king of Prussia

November 29, 2016

By LMinnich

This place is truly horrible!!! There are a few people that care but unfortunately alot more that don't. The staff is lazy and is constantly making excuses for why simple care is not being done. My father has been placed on the skilled unit after my Mom has been unable to care for him at home. He is lucky if he is getting showered once a week. He is often in the same clothes and left in bed. When I asked at noon why he was not dressed and still in bed, they told me that he is a "heavy wetter" and they don't want him wetting the wheel chair. I guess laying in bed all day is his urine makes more sense to them???? This was the SAME DAY I had a meeting with the Administrator, the Director of Nursing and Head of House Keeping. I waited for almost 2 hours to see if they would get him up before lunch but to no avail. I have contacted the Department of Aging and will be contacting the Department of Health next. If I had any other choice my father would be in any other facility but this one!!! It breaks my heart to see the utter lack of care and compassion they provide to our elderly community.

March 19, 2016

By Sara123

WORST FACILITY IN THE COUNTRY!!! Do NOT send your loved ones to this facility. Never ever ever consider this facility. The nurses are unprofessional and half the time not even working. My loved one would press his button and a nurse would not come in for 1-2 hours. Not only would they not come in for hours at a time you would ask for medicine etc and they would not bring it for 5-6 hours. The food is god awful... Barely edible... I would not feed it to my dogs. Nurses smell of smoke and are hanging out in the parking lots at all times. Bugs all through out the facility... Did I mention they do NOT even clean the rooms or the patients sheets for weeks at a time!!! Please if you truly care about your loved ones do not come here!!!!

March 11, 2016

By Maiche

I was very depressed when I arrived. I couldn't walk, talk, or eat when i arrived. The staff treated me great. I was miserable at the beginning, but they helped pull me out of my depressed state. I was walking with a walker within a week after arriving thanks to the therapists. Missed everybody when I went home.

February 05, 2016

By concerned kid

While some of the staff are caring ,others are not and some are quite unprofessional.one nurse in particular had no compassion for the patients,was cold as ice and bordered on phsycologically abusive she should be fired . Dont put your loved one in this place it will definitely hasten their demise

January 25, 2016

By Susancjl

This is usually the only rehab services that actually have a bed open when hospitals are searching for a place. Do NOT GO TO THIS PLACE. This is a terrible experience. The place is VERY short-staffed, and the staff that is there are miserable and stressed. The food is not edible in most cases. People are screaming constantly for water and attention. When you bring up these issues to the Administrator and head of nursing, the staff then treats your family member WORSE, so you have to be careful as to what you say to them. They take it out on your family member. I will report this place to the state of Pennsylvania. When conversing with others in the place, they are usually on a quest to find a new rehab or tell you of their horror stories while residing at this place. I cannot say enough bad things about this place.

August 06, 2014

By hollywood95

Please do not send family here! My father was placed in manor care due to failure of the liver. He was suppose to get physical therapy from there, and they failed him. He was only 551. Although he was only there a short period it was a horrible experience. The first visit, my boyfriend and I went to visit him and when we got to his room he was 100 % naked on his bed, mind you he was sharing a room with an elderly man. When I mentioned it to the nurse she was rude and only said "guess they forgot to dress him after his bath". Mind you they gave him a bath at 7:30 a.m and I arrived at 2 p.m. The second visit I walked in and my father Was in the hallway sitting in a wheel chair crying. He was very confused and his nurse didn't even realize he was gone!!!! They never worked with him on his physical therapy because they were short of staff and he was too "difficult" to help lift. Why did they accept him if they couldn't meet his needs???? All he needed was to shed a few lbs in order to get a liver transplant and he only got sicker from being there. Towards the end of his stay he caught a skin disease which was highly contagious and the man in his room had it! Was unbelievable. I feel as though the nurses, staff, etc are not properly trained, ignorant and lazy. They fail their patients! Unfortunately my father passed 1 month later...but to this day I will forever have anger and hate towards this place. I hope tthey shut down or improve their staff!

October 18, 2011

By Joodles

A friend was accepted into this facility for care after open heart surgery. This woman was also bariatric (close to 400 pounds). She and the family were assured this facility was equipped to handle someone in her condition. On day one it was clear she should have never been accepted. Although there was supposedly a "cardiac unit ¦.there nothing indicative of such other than the Unit Mgr who was clearly trying to do his best in his new job in this new unit, but didn't have the equipment or staff to back him. Never once, even upon her arrival was an EKG or any kind of monitor set up to check up her heart situation. Accepting such a large sized patient requires specialized equipment and supplies. Since she was immobile, a Hoyer lift was needed"¦.but there was not even one at the facility. There were no large diapers or even pads for her bed, and the family was always scrambling to go out and buy them. Due to the amount of people it would take to even roll her to change her or try to clean her"¦..and the pain she was in due to her surgery"¦.this became a nightmare. She told us she was told to just "go to the bathroom in her bed". Each visit for the first month would find her excessively soiled, with excrement all over the bed. During the night hours, I received many panic calls from her begging me to call someone in charge and get them to come help her. The staff was short, and even when and if there were aides who wanted sincerely to help"¦it was impossible for one person to facilitate her needs. The famil had to hire an outside aide to be with her overnight. This facility should have taken all into consideration before saying yes to her admission. Instead they took someone they had no viable way of helping least of all rehabbing!

Services and Amenities of Manorcare Health Services-king of Prussia

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 07/01/2020

About Manorcare Health Services-king of Prussia

Manorcare Health Services-king of Prussia is a senior living provider in King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Manorcare Health Services-king of Prussia for more details on services and rates.

Map of Manorcare Health Services-king of Prussia