Northern Manor Geriatric Center

By firemedic426

This facility is filthy

February 24, 2017

By DISCUSTED..AND ALARMED

terrible...they do to care about anything...it appears to me...even the condition of the grounds...littered with garbage. and Nobody cares!

October 31, 2015

By Rockland County Resident

Where do I begin? During the day, there was no evidence that "aides" exist at this place! When the night shift came on, the "aides" walked around visiting and speaking a foreign language loudly (not to be named for fear of retaliation) and laughing it up. When I asked for help for personal care for my family member, they were shocked that the person needed to be changed and cleaned! I got plenty of glares behind their surgical masked. When I continued to speak up as my family member's advocate, I was continually told that I "need to relax and trust in God"! I have to mention that during the day, when the administrator(s) were there, everyone was cheery and really polite, to the point of offering hugs! In the evening and night, it is a totally different story. One can really be FOOLED when first coming in with a family member. The "aides" are lazy, rude, argumentative, arrogant, contemptuous and so confident in their job security that this family member was treated as though I was a "pain" to them when acting in the role of the patient's advocate! Asking for a simple item like an additional blanket or a clean pilllowcase is a crisis to them. (Oh my goodness, they are actually expected to do some work!) They look at the piece of bedding and they, the "aides", want to decide if is clean or not! And then, they argue with you that it's not really dirty, and to them it is clean!!! The "aides" rule this nest - no matter what the administrator thinks is going on. The nurses have 17 patients each, at a minimal. Medications are late because of the workload and that is what you hear from the nurses when you ask them a question or need something for your family member! I heard more complaints from the nurses in one day than you can imagine about their heavy workloads. The doctors phone in orders. Yet to see a doctor. Every single question I asked at the Nurse's Station was met with a stare and a glare, a rattled off answer that was difficult to understand, for several reasons that cannot be mentioned without fear of being labeled a racially biased person, etc. The administrators tell you on admission that they welcome family members....the nurses and aides DO NOT. And they make it clear to you in their attitudes. The staff has no interest in anything other than than doing things in their own sweet time, whenever that is during their shift, especially the night shift. Think and re-think your options about placing your family member in this institution. Do not be fooled by the "shiny floors" and the convenient and close location in the community....look beyond the physical appearance of the place and ask questions about actual hands on care. Don't be intimidated. We have rights as family members and patient advocates! IT IS THE LAW!!! I am protesting that I have to give this place 1 star. The option to not give a star is not available.

February 11, 2015

I think overall it was not a great experience at Northern Manor. Some of them were wonderful, and some of the aides were awful to the point of being nasty and rude to my parents. The nursing were better than the aides. The doctor was virtually non-existent, but we were told he would come in once a week, and he did not. I don’t recommend it based on my personal experience. It was sad and heartbreaking. Sometimes, I felt like If we left, my dad would be at the mercy of I don’t know who, and it wasn’t good enough. My dad’s room was OK. The hall smells like urine. My mom went out of the way to be kind to them, but they didn’t change.

Services and Amenities of Northern Manor Geriatric Center

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: Non Profit Corporation
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Northern Manor Geriatric Center

Northern Manor Geriatric Center is a senior living provider in Nanuet, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Northern Manor Geriatric Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Northern Manor Geriatric Center