Northern Manor Geriatric Center

Reviews of Northern Manor Geriatric Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Northern Manor Geriatric Center

June 12, 2015

By rogkempton

The Dept. Head says" give the Patient a littlle Therapy."The 2nd in charge wants more but is hogtied by their boss. Thiis has happened 6x.Each time the Head has said my Uncle "Would not walk again" and each time myself and another Therapist got him to walk.This last time was the last straw and we are finding a more suitable approach and a better place for Therapy (P.T.).. The food was very good.Some of the Aides need a little more training by the Nurses .The Staff was Good and the Nursing Home was well managed in general but we were there for Therapy not to waste our time. Your Good People will always rise to the top and know who they are so Kudos to you. We don't need the "Bums Rush" on what we came for.

February 11, 2015

I think overall it was not a great experience at Northern Manor. Some of them were wonderful, and some of the aides were awful to the point of being nasty and rude to my parents. The nursing were better than the aides. The doctor was virtually non-existent, but we were told he would come in once a week, and he did not. I don’t recommend it based on my personal experience. It was sad and heartbreaking. Sometimes, I felt like If we left, my dad would be at the mercy of I don’t know who, and it wasn’t good enough. My dad’s room was OK. The hall smells like urine. My mom went out of the way to be kind to them, but they didn’t change.

January 27, 2015

By cathyreed

this place should be shut down. honestly don't send your animals here. absolutely disgraceful. The staff all speak foreign languages in front of English speaking patients and visitors. then get nasty attitudes when you ask them to speak in English. I asked for a blanket at 2:00 and was told oh they don't come upstairs till 4. really? so pts. are just suppose to freeze because they don't want to go downstairs and get a blanket. just an all around horrible place. please don't send your loved ones here

Services and Amenities of Northern Manor Geriatric Center

About Northern Manor Geriatric Center

Northern Manor Geriatric Center is a senior living provider in Nanuet, New York that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Northern Manor Geriatric Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Northern Manor Geriatric Center