Marwood Manor Nursing Home

Reviews of Marwood Manor Nursing Home

Nursing Home Reviews for Marwood Manor Nursing Home

August 27, 2012

By adevroy

This place was overall great except for a few grumpy workers there. Its a very clean home and they take great pains to make sure the residents are comfortable in every way. The food was amazing as well. They have plenty of activities for the residents like bingo, craft day, music day and much more. They make sure that the family is involved as in eating dinner with the resident. Playing bingo with them too. The social worker there was very understanding and so was the physical therapy department. Everyone made sure we knew what was going on with my mother.If we had any questions they were able to answer them all or find someone that could. Overall the place is excellent and I would recommend it to anyone in the same situation as our family.

June 21, 2012

By Dee Menshaw

When my 86 yo Mother needed more care than my Father could provide, I looked at a couple Of other options before selecting this facility. We.ve had other family members stay here, including my Grandmother and my Aunt and Uncle. This facility is a subsidiary of Port Huron Hospital. Mercy Hospital is also just two blocks away. Staff are always available and are very willing to assist. They communicate with me weekly to see if there are any concerns about mom's room, care, and I can always call and ask the nurses how moms health is at any time. This is a plus for me as I live 45 minutes away. They have plenty of lounges and courtyards which makes visiting pleasant. The newer rooms are nice and have two residents to a room. However, Some of the older rooms are very small and have been grandfathered to include three beds. Mom was placed into the center bed of one of these older rooms. Once I told staff that I wanted her moved they started to look. It took a little long for this move to happen because we wanted to find a good roommate and location. However, just because they can put three people into these older rooms doesn't mean they should. The facility is clean and some of the original wings show their age. The main dining room can sometimes be very crowded at times. But they have chairs for guests and you can order meals so you can eat with the resident. The food is very good, and plentiful. I do wish they served more fresh fruits and fresh veggies, but I understand why they don't. Two pieces of clothes and a blanket have disappeared from laundry. I am impressed that they include laundry and incontinence care in their base fee. Overall, I highly recommend this facility.

About Marwood Manor Nursing Home

Marwood Manor Nursing Home is a senior living provider in Port Huron, Michigan that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Marwood Manor Nursing Home for more details on services and rates.

Map of Marwood Manor Nursing Home