Linden Ponds

Reviews of Linden Ponds

Assisted Living Reviews for Linden Ponds

March 30, 2016

By Amy H.

I’ve looked at Linden Ponds. It is a huge community totally covered from one building to another with a shuttle bus that goes from one building to the other. It has a pool, which I want, and a good fitness club. There are many activities that are run by residents themselves, which is a plus. The rooms are a good size, and the food is excellent.

January 31, 2016

By Jill36

My mother was at Linden Ponds. She had a nice big apartment when she was independent. The staff was very nice, and the people who run the place were helpful.

October 26, 2015

By momsdaughte

Visited my Mom staying in Rose Terrace - short term re-hab and I could see that the nurses aid were not too helpful at all especially the first day after arriving from the hospital after a hip replacement. They never asked which hip or what surgery did she have... very odd, not communicated, and did not listen to us... then today, I spoke with my Mom , and the Bed Arm that she would need to use was broken which I would think someone with Hip Replacement using bars to help lift themselves would be needing go sturdy equipment. Also, because of other ailments such as spinal stenoisis and arthritis, the Bed itself was very, very uncomfortable, so she slept in the chair in the room that was too heavy and would not operate with ease. She is hoping that they will bring her a new bed with air mattress, which at this point waited all day. So far she feels her own home is better equipped, and then left on the commode for her husband to pull her off of. The nurses aids are not too enthusiastic in helping instead they want to sit and relax.. not what we would have expected, and then pay for a Bed to boot.

August 18, 2015

By Katherine M.

I have been very disappointed with Linden Ponds and the care my aunt has received at this facility. This is a great place if you are 55 to 80+ in good health with no extra care needed. That's the irony - as one chooses such a facility with the expectation that one might need additional services in the future. Patio beautiful; but chairs are so heavy even I at 54 have trouble moving them. I asked for "gliders" nothing happened. Dining Service made a point letting us know eating outside created extra work from them. Once had the waitress hold the patio door with the tray and yell for me to come get the food. Once a server requested that we - my aunt being on a walker - move 5 tables down, as they only service 5 specific tables outside. Shuttle bus driver told my aunt "she was in the way now" when she accidentally got up before the driver could get her walker out. Home aid didn't show up one night - and I was told it was a "miscommunication" "mis-scheduling" and didn't happen on a regular basis. You can't get someone to come up to even take a temperature, yet medical facility/doctor on site, no availability the day she needed to be seen. Trying to get a salon appointment is impossible, lack of staff, even though this is the highlight of the day for many residents. No manicurist on site. In short, my question at this point is - would one be better off in a single floor apartment/condo in 55 and older community and hire additional services or aides on one's own?

July 13, 2015

We went to Linden Ponds. It is a very big place, and it has everything you would need. It has a shuttle service, and it has four places to eat. They do independent living and memory care. It was a very nice place. Food was very good. The rooms were of good size. They were spread out just like a regular big condo. We were more into the assisted living end of it than they wanted us to be, so we got rejected, but it was a very nice place. I was ready to move in. The dining areas were not formal, but they were nice. They were of good size. They have two big main dining rooms, a couple of pubs, and then an all-day restaurant of some sort. The food was good. You can get a drink with your supper, and that's one thing that the other places don't have.

July 04, 2015

By Unhappy experience

My uncle went into Linden Ponds for rehab. It was then determined that he couldn't go home again. They wanted to charge him $250,000 per year! They did nothing for him. They didn't cut his finger nails or toenails, they didn't cut his hair. They didn't take him to any activities or let him know when activities were happening. Physical therapy was almost non existent. I would never advise anyone to go to that place. A huge ripoff?

April 16, 2015

Linden Ponds was excellent. We liked it very much. The people, the activities, and everything else were all very interesting. They have a lot of things to do there. They had one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments, and they were great. We had lunch there, and the food was excellent.

January 30, 2015

By RobertW

My mother lived at Linden Ponds for 9 years. While the facilities are very nice and the employees dedicated she found it to be much too big and had trouble forming friendships with other residents. Obviously, some people would love the diversity that size brings but she found it difficult. Her ties to Hingham were the only reason she stayed as long as she did. She has since moved to a smaller retirement community in Maine and finds it more suitable for her. Perhaps a more vexing problem she has encountered is that they have been very slow in renovating and marketing her unit. Five months after she vacated they have only just begun to show it. So don't expect to get your deposit back quickly if you decide it's not the right place for you

December 01, 2014

I had heard good things about Linden Ponds from a number of people. Their prices seemed reasonable. The apartments were very nice. I've looked at one- and two-bedroom units. They have apartments. They're very nice. Everything was very clean. I didn't come in contact with that many staff, but the staff that I did see was very nice. They seemed to have a number of activities. They had something with knitting -- and I used to knit -- they had films, and they had book clubs. Their grounds were very nice. I remembered it was very nice and very pleasant, and they seemed to have a lot of land. They had walking trails. They had transportation to a train. Their dining room looked very nice.

October 22, 2014

By Kathy100685550

We’ve looked at Linden Ponds, and it was beautiful. We saw what they offered. The rooms and apartments were all beautiful and nicely appointed. They were all very polite to us, and they have good activities for the people, too. They had an art class, and they do ice cream socials and stuff like that.

May 30, 2014

By Linda86705950

The staff are wonderful at Linden Ponds. They are very thorough. We got in a shuttle and we had our tour, and it's really big. We also took a walk, and we saw the dining room. We saw everything, and it was very nice. They did a great job. They had a lot of stuff going on for the people. I love the place. It was really, really big, and my mom was kind of overwhelmed by it.

September 26, 2012

By JakePup

Great location, very peaceful and remote, yet close to Boston, easy off the highway for visits. Very new and clean facilities, pleasant and helpful staff. Spacious accommodations and hallways. It is quite large, so it does not have a very intimate feel, but one cannot have everything. They let my uncle live independently, the way he wanted, though we felt rushed to move him when he began to refuse treatment.

June 12, 2012

By travelfan87

Over the last few years I have visited my grandmother at Linden Ponds over a dozen times. The facility is always spotless, including the grounds and all common areas. Even the gym and pool are pristine. From the moment you enter, the scene is so peaceful and perfect that it makes even a young person want to live there. The staff is always very friendly and as helpful as they can be. Servers in the dining room are very pleasant and happy to chat with residents and visitors alike. The security gate is always manned, no matter the hour, and the guard always greets you with a smile. They even keep a look out for me when I go for a run, and make sure that I have gotten back safe and sound. I am extremely impressed with their door monitoring system to make sure that no one gets stuck in their rooms. My only complaint is that the food quality has fallen. Granted, it still isn't bad, but at first it didn't taste like cafeteria food at all, but now the food tastes and looks mass produced. Since my grandmother lost her sense of taste, this has impacted her far more than it would most, because she can't judge that the food still tastes pretty good. Overall, though, the facilities, staff and activities and services available at Linden Ponds are excellent.

Independent Living Reviews for Linden Ponds

March 27, 2012

By ooliegirl

The buildings were all sparkling clean and nicely appointed. The grounds were well taken care of. All the staff members we encountered were friendly and pleasant, and they greeted the residents by name. I was impressed with the amenities and activities available, everything from on-site hairdressing and medical appointments to gardening clubs and in-house concerts. We visited several apartment layouts; the larger ones were quite roomy but the smaller apartments seemed a bit cramped for two people. We ate in the dining room and I was impressed both by the varied (and delicious) menu and by the wait staff's encouragement to make substitutions or order something not on the menu if we desired. It was more like eating at a high-end restaurant than an institution. The food was excellent and the portion size was reasonable. The waitstaff also seemed to be familiar with the residents' preferences and I overheard them suggest a particular dish to a resident on several occasions as if they were familiar with that person's likes and dislikes.On the whole, I found the facility to be very pleasant and livable, and the staff friendly and accommodating.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Linden Ponds

December 30, 2015

By RRoberts

Other

Buyers beware. They are independent living with al la cart services for medication oversite. All I can say is that the overseers need oversite. Dopamine medications that are time sensitive were too often not given according to plan and on occasion were not given at all.

September 29, 2015

It is a good thing that Linden Ponds has independent living, and they have lots of activities. They have a dementia center, a nursing home, and a rehab center. They've been open since 2004, they have a sister community in Peabody, MA, and they are getting into assisted living; they are constructing one of those too. They have everything there. I am going into independent living, but I want to make life easier. All my family live here, so I want to make it easier for them.

March 26, 2014

By caring010313

Far and above, everything else in Linden Ponds is wonderful. It's an Erickson community, and is absolutely gorgeous. The whole place is like a movie set. Everything is well appointed and clean. Anything else compared to it is dead. They're affordable, too. Their monthly fee is comfortable with what I'm spending now. I think they've come up with something that pleases me. I never got into their apartment, I'm sure it's nice. It's just a place to sleep, I want the amenities. I want to take advantage of the amenities. I'm not going to look any further. Unless they change in the future, they're my place.

January 02, 2014

By roundgal

My mother has lived at Linden Ponds for almost 8 years and loves it. We kids don't worry about her at all. The services are all they are advertised to be. The community is very active and there a lots of onsite-concerts by Boston area artists and residents who are professional musicians. I cannot imagine a better place for Mom to be.

January 27, 2012

By CollegeGirl28

The facilities are very clean and kept up well. There is a lot of space on the facilities, which is good, because there are so many residents, but it does not feel cramped. A lot of high school kids work here, but most of them seem fine. There is security and a lot of good activities. The food is decent. It is close to home which is great so I can visit my grandmother and there is a lot to do around the facilities if I want to take her out. Overall, she seems pretty happy. It is not the cheapest place either. I am sure most people would rather be living on their own, but since she can't this place is a great option for her.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

Photos of Linden Ponds

Services and Amenities of Linden Ponds

About Linden Ponds

Linden Ponds is a full-service, maintenance-free community designed exclusively for retirees, age 62 or better. Located on 108 picturesque acres in Hingham, Massachusetts, Linden Ponds is a private campus kept secure day and night by a team of professionals trained in emergency first response. We're the ideal choice for active seniors who want to live a vibrant, engaging, and purposeful lifestyle in a setting that's both safe and beautiful.

Like a small town under one roof, Linden Ponds offers an abundance of opportunities to keep your mind, body and spirit thriving. Stroll to any of our three spectacular clubhouses through climate-controlled, glass-enclosed walkways that connect all of our community buildings. Here you'll find all the resources you need to enjoy a spectacular retirement, including a fitness center, indoor heated pool and hot tub and four restaurants serving healthy, delicious meals created fresh each day by our own personal chef. Other amenities include a computer lab with high-speed Internet, billiards and game room, creative arts studio, fully-equipped woodworking shop, classrooms and even a performing arts theater. Not to mention a bank and 24-hour ATM, a beauty salon and barber shop, a convenience store and an on-site pharmacy that delivers to your door!

Linden Ponds also has an on-site medical center staffed by physicians who work exclusively at our community. These licensed geriatricians are experts in meeting the unique health care needs of older adults. They will work with you to design a wellness plan that will keep you strong, independent and feeling your finest for years to come.

Map of Linden Ponds