Carleton-Willard Village

Nursing Home Reviews for Carleton-Willard Village

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Carleton-Willard Village

July 24, 2012

By laura1234

I only visited Carleton-Willard for about half an hour in July 2012, but I got a very positive impression at the time I was there. My step-grandmother is currently living in Carleton-Willard's assisted living facility, after transitioning there from their independent living apartments. I appreciate that she is able to transition towards receiving more care as her age increases and her Alzheimer's gets worse, all within the same facility. The facility seemed very clean and well-lit, and all of the staff were friendly and engaging. Her rooms were a nice size and looked very comfortable, and the staff ensured that the grounds were pristine - including her personal patio. There were dozens of activities to choose from each day - we saw signs for movies, croquet, jigsaw puzzles, billiards, etc. They held daily events and had a great library including recent titles. There were respectful, small memorials to residents who had recently passed, and great welcome signs for new residents. The facility seemed incredibly well maintained and truly geared towards the residents' best interests including not only comfort but also day-to-day enjoyment.

August 04, 2011

By dissatisfiedgrandchild

Everything was fine while my relatives were still independent. But once they started sinking deeper into Alzheimer's, it became clear how inept Carleton Willard was of taking care of those in the greatest need of sympathy and quality care. My grandmother was put on a number of anti-psychotics that worsened her descent into paranoia and the cloudy fog of dementia (she's since been taken off of them at another facility and has never been better!). My grandfather was confined to a depressing, dirty, and (to him) frightening wing that also worsened his condition. The staff was unsupportive and unapologetic for all that they put my relatives through and I would not advice this facility for anyone with any possibility of developing mentally debilitating conditions in their old age.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (6) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Carleton-Willard Village

About Carleton-Willard Village

Carleton-Willard Village is a senior living provider in Bedford, Massachusetts that offers residents Nursing Homes and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Carleton-Willard Village for more details on services and rates.

Map of Carleton-Willard Village