Oak Crest IL

Reviews of Oak Crest IL

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Oak Crest IL

March 06, 2012

By AcademiaNut

A close family friend was, until his death, a resident of Oak Crest. He entered in independent living, and proceeded through the levels of care until his recent death. Oak Crest is perceived locally as one of the premier retirement facilities in the area. The facilities are lovely. The staff are friendly. The food is good. The ancillary services are easily accessed and are comprehensive.My one concern, and to me it is significant, is that there was a clear feeling that my friend was only tolerated by the staff, not embraced for the individual that he was. Not everyone is a good fit for every facility, and perhaps this was a poor placement from the beginning. But given that he was accepted, I had hoped that accommodations could be made for his large personality. Instead, there was a constant stream of trying to make him fit in. These efforts made no one happy; the staff, the resident, and the family and friends were all frustrated. And yet, they continued. In the end, his family and friends simply tried to have him out of the building as much as he could withstand.Group living is inevitably difficult. I do understand that. However, I am anxious to discover assisted-living services that embrace people in all their colorful (and occasionally annoying) variety. For me and my friend, Oak Crest was not that.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (5) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Oak Crest IL

About Oak Crest IL

Refund Plan: Declining Balance to 10% of Entrance Fee over 5 yrs. Assisted Living and Nursing Care on Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of Oak Crest IL