Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

Reviews of Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

Assisted Living Reviews for Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

March 19, 2018

By Patricia

Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont was very clean. They had activities, a TV room, chef, and snacks. It was not really spacious, but it was really nice. The staff was super nice and seemed to be really caring.
Thank you for your detailed positive review Patricia. We strive to provide excellent care and service to our residents and their families at Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and look forward to seeing you again soon!

September 20, 2017

By KayxJones0007

I'm shocked to read some of these negative reviews; my mother has lived at Woodmont for over 4 years and we've never had a minutes trouble! Management & Care Staff are always kind and helpful. Please go and visit for your self, and you'll sure feel all the love that they give to anyone who enter there doors.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, we appreciate it! We always strive to provide top quality service to every resident and their families. We are pleased to hear that you feel this way. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

September 02, 2017

By Ben B.

I was a volunteer at Pacifica senior living for 3 months. During my time at this facility, I was able to experience all of the care and planning that goes into each day. The Woodmont staff goes above and beyond what is required of them in order to ensure their residents are able to enjoy a high quality of life. Residents are encouraged to attend the many activities each day that staff coordinate with the residents, and special visitors help to brighten up the days as well!
Thank you for your positive review! We are so pleased that you are happy and feel content with this huge decision. We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

August 30, 2017

By Tyler K

I volunteer here on a weekly basis; the environment is very comforting mainly because of the extremely friendly staff. Assistance is immediately given to residents with a smile to complement. In addition, the visual appeal makes me feel like I am in an actual house. Unlike other senior living places, Pacifica always has plenty of activities to keep the residents busy. There is no excuse for any resident to ever feel lonely; there are always several different activities planned each day, including off-site trips to certain places! This will be my third year volunteering and I will continue to come because I enjoy assisting the staff with all the activities that are planned for the residents. All of the residents that I interact with always speak highly of Pacifica.
Thank you for your positive review we are so glad to hear all the positive comments! Our staff genuinely cares for all our residents, their families and volunteers! We appreciate you volunteering here and for sharing your perspective. Did you know we have a Facebook page that we share our daily activities to, its a fun way to see what the residents get to experience during the day! We're looking forward to your next visit with us!

March 13, 2017

By Johanna526154

Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont was pretty good until they said that I was going to have to pay more. They had everything there, including assisted living and help at the end for dementia or Alzheimer’s patients. A couple of the staff members were very nice and you sort of bond with them, but there were others who were very indifferent, which I expect you are going to find all over. He did get care there.

Hi Johanna, thank you for your review. The staff at Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont take our reviews very seriously. We strive to provide excellent service to our residents and families. We invite you to contact our Executive Director to discuss your review, we are sorry to hear that you feel this way. Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont, (850) 462-5728

November 01, 2016

By Dena635445

The downstairs at Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont and the people were great, but up where the rooms where, the hallways were long, narrow, and dark. It was too gloomy up in the rooms, and some of the windows faced a brick wall. The dining area was nice looking. It looked like they tried very hard to have lots of things going on. The staff is very hard working and friendly.

Hi Dena, thank you for your review. The staff at Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont take our reviews very seriously. We'd like the opportunity to discuss your review, so if you're willing, please contact our Executive Director at (850) 462-5728. We hope to hear from you to resolve this matter.

September 19, 2016

By PScruggs

I am writing to commend the staff at Pacifica/Woodmont in Tallahassee, Florida (Susan Weisbarth, Laurie Love, Danny, Kenny, Brittany, Pam, the nurses, the kitchen staff and the custodial and maintenance staff). Tallahassee was hit by Hurricane Hermine on Thursday, 9/1/16. 90% of the City of Tallahassee lost power including Woodmont. My 92 year old father lives in the facilty. Woodmont lost power on Thursday eveing and power was not restored until late on Saturday afternoon. The staff was outstanding. The care and concern they gave each resident was more than we could ask for. I know that Susan and Laurie stayoned on site day and night until power was restored. The lack of power meant meals had to be delivered to each and every person who lived on the 2nd floor three times a day, phones did not work, and medications had to be dispensed regardless of whether or not there was air conditioning or electricity. All of the staff pitched in to get the job done regardless of what was happening in their own homes. And they smiled while doing it! (I stopped by a number of times during the power outage so I saw this firsthand.) My father has only lived there for a few months but we are very happy we chose your facility but we are very happy that we chose this facilty.

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us this positive 5 star review. We appreciate it and you!

May 10, 2016

By PattiKWJVD

Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont is where Mom will be moving into. It seemed to fit her needs perfectly, and it's not that far from her home, so she feels comfortable in that part of town. It was clean, and the people were very friendly and answered all of our questions. They even gave us information that we didn't even know we needed. They showed us four different apartments, one of which Mom really liked. The residents we spoke to on the tour were very happy to be there. It was just a very nice and friendly place. There is always a person at the front desk all of the time, and they seemed to have all of the log-in/log-out procedures that I was looking for. We went to the dining room to look at some of the menus and were very pleased with it.

Pattikwjvd, thank you for leaving this detailed review about your experience with our community, we appreciate it. We are very proud of our community and memory care program. We recently started a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). If you want to see the activities they are engaging in it is a great way to stay involved. We are here to make sure that you and your families are happy.

October 25, 2014

I liked Woodmont too. I thought out of the people I saw, they were very active. The apartments were very large. It was an older building, and it was very big. The staff was very good. They were prepared for my visit. They also continued to stay in touch with me and they explained everything including the costs. It was far back from a busy street. I would recommend Woodmont. In fact, if I could get my mother to move down here, that is probably where I would want her to stay.

October 18, 2014

I was able to visit Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont, and it was nice, but I think a little bit higher probably than I wanted to pay. I didn’t spend that much time there, but it seemed like I would enjoy living there.

August 28, 2014

By Donna84313750

I like Pacifica Senior Living. I talked to some of the patients there and they were all pretty content and happy. The staff was great. They're very helpful and knowledgeable. The rooms and their dinning room were nice.

July 20, 2014

By MyMotherMyself

Actual rating: 2.5 stars. Recent renovations in the common areas are lovely. Still, most exit doors and doors within the building (bathroom, common rooms) are not handicapped accessible. This is surprising since many residents are wheelchair bound. The units are fair - most bathtubs have been redone but a step into the tub still causes big problems for some seniors. Had constant problems with the refrigerator in the unit which froze up constantly. Despite repeated requests, it was never replaced. The staff is very caring - but there are not enough of them, and the turnover is relentless. This goes for main office staff (several turn overs in Director) as well as for nurses and care staff. Though residents are provided with an emergency button, it often takes over an hour for a staff response. The food is really awful. We brought our mom in food from local restaurants or home cooked meals as often as possible. The facility is generally clean, smells good and provides a fair amount of activities for the residents. Costs are high and if the resident is in the hospital or in rehab there is NO cost break, even though they are not being provided any food or services. Would suggest this facility only if a loved one is close by and can stop by frequently to advocate for the resident.

November 21, 2013

My mother-in-law has moved into The Woodmont. She has been there for a couple of months now. It is our choice because it is like less than a mile away. It is just right across the street. My husband goes over there every night to tuck her and get her ready for bed, so it was a lot easier rather than drive all the way across town. We also chose this place because my mother-in-law knew somebody that was already over there. The facility itself is really nice. They have been remodeling it but they took discounts off from each resident for the inconvenience. They're doing mainly the downstairs in the general area, the front entrance, and the TV room, but not the individual rooms. In terms of care, she is in their level 1 category, which means she needs a little bit of assistance. At first, she was handling her own meds but now she is going to use them to do it for her. And since her insurance covers their pharmacy of choice, so they're packaged for a facility, that doesn't charge her extra. They also made some modifications to her bathtub so she wouldn't have to step over and that was nice. They did that for her without a charge. Regarding the staff, the residents have a little bit of problem with them being so busy, that they're not available at a drop of a hat. Other than that, they have been just as nice as they can be. Also their dining area is congested and the food they serve is a little salty. That's just what my mother-in-law complained about.

November 28, 2012

By LouiesKid

Woodmont Assisted Living Community, my over first impression was very poitive. The building and grounds were obviously well kept. The outside was very warm and nice with a homey feel. Woodmont Assisted Living Community declares that the needs of its residents always come first. When I was introduced to the staff you could tell that their number one goal was to provide a warm, friendly and comfortable place to call home. Essentially, its a place for recovery and relaxation. Perfect for my grandmother who had been struggling alone. My uncle lived down the street from her but because of his job could not be with her 24/7. My uncle asked many questions of the staff and they were more than happy to answer openly and honestly. We were able to take a tour and speak with residents to get first hand accounts and views of the facility.Before he and my grandmother could make a final choice her health took a turn for the worst. My greandmother had to be placed in the hospital and then a wonderful hospice care facility.

Questions about Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

All staff is required to complete monthly training that exceeds state mandated regulations. Pacifica Senior Living Company provides staff with the most up to date training that best serves our Residents needs and safety.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

The Residents at Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont are an active group of individuals that participate in many scheduled activities at the community as well as outside of the community. Our Residents enjoy the daily BINGO and frequent entertainers that enhance the living experience at Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont. Our Residents currently range in age from 54 to 102 years of age.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont offer to enrich residents' well-being?

The Activities Director at Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont works closely with our Care Staff to plan healthy and enriching activities that keeps the minds sharp and the bodies fit. As well, our Assisted Living Community welcomes many philanthropic volunteers who enjoy visiting our Residents, such as Pet Therapy visits and collegiate groups from our local universities. Of course our Residents enjoy the many outings to lunch and shopping that are planned frequently for their pleasure.

What places are near Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Pacifica Senior Living is conveniently located on the North side of I-10 on Monroe Street. Their are several hotels, restaurants, fast food shopping, retail shopping, pharmacy, banking, public parks and quaint family neighborhoods all within a half of mile from our Assisted Living community.

What transportation services does Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont offer to assisted living residents?

Weekday transportation is offered for our Residents convenience and needs. We provide transportation to and from appointments on designated days and various outings of interest for active lifestyles.

What makes the chef or dining program at Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont has a Culinary Trained Executive Chef that oversees our daily restaurant style dining. Our community takes great pride in preparing all meals mainly from scratch. Our Executive Chef has worked in fine dining from New Orleans to Memphis and brings his culinary experiences to serve our Residents the finest of meals. Our Dining Room Manager oversees the service of all three nutritional meals daily for our residents fine dining experiences.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont offer to assisted living residents?

At Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont, our Residents safety is at forefront of our purpose. Our Assisted Living Community is fully sprinkled and fire rated doors that are designed to keep all safe in case of an unfortunate event.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont has recently implemented a monthly call tree where the members of the Management Team contacts each Resident's family representative to address any concerns that may need addressed. Of course, our Care Staff will contact family members with any care changes that may need addressed in the best interest of the Resident. We do adhere to an "Open Door Policy" that Residents and their family may always be in contact with the Executive Director or Department Managers at all times.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont during daytime and nighttime hours?

Pacifica Senior Living staffs well over the states minimum requirements for Assisted Living Facilities. Our community is committed to maintaining 24 hour wake staff at all times. Pacifica Senior Living maintains a staff of 75 or more staff to our licensed capacity of 99.

If Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont is pet friendly and Residents may bring their fury friends. We believe that pets can be beneficial to ones well being and enjoy the pleasures that they bring to our community. Residents may enjoy our beautiful courtyards or may enjoy walking to our nearby shopping.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

There may be as many as six staff members serving our Memory Care Community of 20 Residents during the day and one to two during the night.

What safety features or security measures does Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont provide to protect residents who wander?

Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont trains all staff proper responses for a Resident that may wonder. Our team practice Elopement Drills frequently and are trained in Elopement Prevention. Our community is secured at all times and staff is alert to our Residents behaviors and safety needs.

What programs or activities does Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont has a full time Memory Care Activities Coordinator that works only with our Memory Care population. Daily interaction is provided to our 20 Residents Memory Care Unit that utilizes Music Therapy to Beach Ball Volleyball that keeps our Residents minds sharp and bodies fit.

Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont has a Director OF Nursing and a Memory Care Nurse Director that oversees Care Planning for each Resident on a regular basis.

What techniques does Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Our Memory Care Residents dine within their private community where they are assisted by the Care Staff with any assistance that may be needed for their dining pleasures. Our Memory Care Residents are served the same meals as our Assisted Living Residents and special diets are provided to those who may need different types of meals.

How does Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

Is Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Tallahassee is serviced with two hospitals that a Resident may choose for their care. Pacifica Senior Living is not affiliated with any particular hospital, but works closely with all medical teams to assure that our Residents receive the best medical care at all times.

Costs for Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

Photos of Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

Services and Amenities of Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

• Pets: Small Pets

• About Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont

Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont is a retirement community in Tallahassee, Florida offering assisted living with close access to medical care, shopping, dining and entertainment. At Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont, we truly want our residents to rediscover life and all it has to offer. And our commitment to you is to help you make those discoveries each and every day. Our diverse and extensive activities program reflects what our residents enjoy doing the most. We have ongoing tastings from around the world, exercises, lunch outings, trips throughout Tallahassee, and so much more! With chef-prepared meals as well as weekly housekeeping and paid utilities, you'll have time to rediscover life's pleasures! At our Tallahassee assisted living community, you'll find a community of friends with whom you can enjoy an active, worry-free lifestyle.

Map of Pacifica Senior Living Woodmont