Lake Port Square Leesburg, FL

600 Lake Port Boulevard, Leesburg, FL 34748
Lake Port Square (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 6 days

Happy New Year - Happy new place to call home. Select, deposit and close on an independent living apartment at Lake Port Square now through January, 2021: receive up to $40,000 off the entry fee and $500 off the monthly fee. See community for details.

Reviews of Lake Port Square

Assisted Living Reviews for Lake Port Square

October 28, 2014

My dad moved in to Lake Harris Inn last end of August. It is very nice, very friendly, and it seems to have a lot of activities listed. Everybody seems to be happy working there. They are very helpful, very respectful, and very caring. However, I think they need to work on the service in their dining room.

July 20, 2014

The reason I didn't choose Lake Harris Inn is because the bathrooms are inaccessible for somebody either in a wheelchair or using a walker. They were pretty outdated. They still had tub enclosures, where you would have to step into a bathtub. They had these awkward sinks that were right next to the toilet seat, so you'd be sitting on the toilet and your knees would be hitting the sink. It seemed to be that there was a lot of help there. For instance, if my mother needed extra help, like physical therapy or something like that, that was readily available there.

Nursing Home Reviews for Lake Port Square

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Lake Port Square

November 07, 2016

By Maria H.085846

It’s beautiful when you go in front of Lake Port Square. They have big, tall trees, and you see all the wood. You can walk into a lake with a dock which has chairs where you can sit. It’s beautiful and shady, and you get nice cool air. They take you on a boat, and they take you to different nice areas around the lake, so it’s very panoramic and beautiful. They show a lot of grass and nature. They’ve done a great job with the landscaping, and it’s a big place, but it’s the priciest of all the places that we’ve been to see. The ladies are great. They do a great job taking you around and telling you all the info you need. The rooms are very nice, but it’s a tall but beautiful building.

September 11, 2016

By BN

We went to Lake Port; it’s probably the oldest in the community, and it’s very nice. It was OK, we have lots of friends who live there, and it’s affordable for us. They take care of your room, they have two meals a day, and they’ve got a very nice facility. They got a very nice café, beauty shops, and barbershops. They offer a lot of activities. It’s a perfectly gorgeous beautiful place, with a vineyard, beautiful trees, and a nice walking area. It’s several stories, but I can’t do stairs, and my husband doesn’t like elevators. Once you’re there, you don’t have to go somewhere else as you age, which is what we were looking for.

December 30, 2015

By Robert118139350

Lake Port Square is here in town. It's very clean and organized, and just leaves you with a very good impression. Anything I asked, the staff was ready with an answer. The apartments looked very good, very clean, and of a good size. The only thing detractive for me was that there wasn't a garage for vehicles. If you've gone to the grocery store or out somewhere, you had to schlep everything from the parking lot all the way into the building, up the elevator, and so forth. That's my only concern. Other than that, everything was fine.

November 30, 2015

By Anonymous107820250

Lake Port Square is very nice. There’s an exercise room, a library, and a game room. The food was great too. The staff who assisted us when we visited the facility were not pushy. They were just explaining things. The entire place was nicely decorated.

September 16, 2015

We visited Lake Port, and we thought that was very nice. Everything was very good there. The woman that took us around was excellent. Their whole facility to me was very impressive. The building was very nice. The things to do for the people living there looked to be plentiful. I just thought the set up was excellent. The people were nice, and the activities were good. I was impressed with that.

September 07, 2015

By AC

There are two large apartment buildings, and they have several different floor plans ranging from just one bedroom to two bedrooms. They have five-floor buildings with elevators and very nice dining rooms. They provide transportation to shopping, doctor's appointments, and trips. I was with one of the salespeople, and she was very cordial, experienced, informative, and very good. They have dining room staff and housekeeping. They are well staffed. My score for Lake Port Square would be based on a couple of things: they're more expensive -- which is more than I can afford -- and they do not give any credit for long-term care insurance.

April 30, 2015

By lividrelative

My father was there after back surgery. The medical care was inadequate. They did not change the dressing on his back for two days. Would not come in and give him a bath. Took the doctor 4 hours after he had been called to see my father. When asked for a supervisor it took another 2 1/2 hours for them to see my father. But when my father told them he wanted to go home, someone was there in 3 minutes to start the paper work. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet you and your loved one’s expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

April 27, 2015

By Karen105088650

I would recommend Lake Port Square in Leesburg for rehab and lifetime care living. That's where my mom was for rehab. It was excellent. They were wonderful to my mother. It was very clean and very nice. The food was excellent.

March 26, 2015

By Richard104159550

Lake Port is very nice, and the staff is upfront and professional. The rooms were pretty good, but overall I wasn’t impressed with the cleanliness; however, the common area and dining area are pretty clean and nice.

January 17, 2015

By Nelda3

Lake Port Square is a wonderful place to live, and if I have to go in anywhere, this is where I will go. They have everything here. I know that the people here liked it because I know some people that were billionaires that lived here. The rooms are very nice. You can get anything you like. You don't have to get a kitchen. You can just get the bedroom part. Some people can't afford the kitchen and everything. The woman that I work for can afford the small kitchen where she can cook for herself. It is just really nice.

November 03, 2014

By Mary96657450

Lake Port Square was very, very good. I have nothing bad to say about them. The staff was fabulous and very informative. The rooms were very nice but they’re more expensive for the space. One really good thing for my parents is they could have kept their own doctors. One of the reasons we didn’t choose it was it didn’t seem active enough for my mom.

July 31, 2014

We chose Lake Port Square because it was very close to my parents' existing living area. My parents have been there for 12 weeks now. The staff is very helpful. My parents have a one-bedroom-one-bathroom apartment. It has full kitchen. It is just under 1000 square feet. They have one meal a day. We have eaten there and the food was very good. The dining room was very much like a restaurant situation.

January 17, 2014

I liked the surrounding area of Lake Port Square because they had a lake. It was gorgeous. But I didn't like the building. The guy who gave us the tour was pleasant. However, we don't belong there, unless I would sell my house first. But then when the money's gone where would I go. They would charge you according to the rooms that you would get, but that would mean within a year, I would be in the street. They would give the amount of rent, but then if you were married, they would tell that the second person would costs more. They had average rooms. They were not tremendously big. I would need two rooms. I didn't see the activities but everyone were bragging about the activities and I saw people waiting for the bus because I they took them out anywhere. I would tell my friends and loved ones to see this place.

June 26, 2013

By John46

The Lake Port Square is close to where I live and from where I work that's why we've chosen that place for my parents. It was the best one we looked around and it's an active community. They are in the independent living area. Aside also from having assisted living they have also nursing home so they can go through the stages right there. The room is nice. The food is fantastic. They have like a five star restaurant there that you go every day. They also have ice cream parlor, barber shop, beauty shop. If the residents need to go anywhere, they will pick them up and take them anywhere they want. Overall, it's a fantastic place. It's top of the line. They liked it and they have a nice view of the lake out their window and they love it.

May 22, 2013

By Helen12

I liked Lake Port Square very much. I liked the location and the units. The staff was very nice, too.

October 11, 2012

By DonaldN

Lake Port Square was a very, very nice place. The staff was excellent.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (20) See fewer reviews

• Occupational Therapy

• Licenses: #7545
  • State Licenses: #7545, NAP4501356

About Lake Port Square

Luxury, Lake Side Living! 78 lush acres. Boating and boat slip available. Saltwater pool, woodworking shop, well-appointed art, and creativity studio as well as beauty and barber services. On-site bank!

On site Bank! Boat slips, every apartment has balcony for indoor-outdoor living.

Map of Lake Port Square