Lake Port Square Leesburg, FL

Reviews of Lake Port Square

Assisted Living Reviews for Lake Port Square

June 11, 2017

By CaregiverMM

My mother was here for 5 months. Many mistakes were made, some were serious. The management / professional staff were difficult to work with. Case management was sorely lacking. My family cannot recommend you put a loved one here. The CNA's were generally pleasant. Facilities and food were nice. If you have a loved one there, visit often, asked detailed questions. Be prepared to advocate.

April 06, 2016

By Linda122998950

My mom thought Lake Port Square was very clean and very pleasant. The staff was very helpful and informative. The residents weren’t doing anything when we went there, but they did say they had activities. Mom was very impressed with the dining area. I wouldn’t say it was the best we've seen, but it was good.

January 23, 2016

By AK1

Lake Port Square was nice, but my husband didn’t like the hallway, or the long distance to the elevator. The staff was very nice. The dining room was restaurant style, and the food was delicious. We didn’t observe many activities. We were not impressed, and it was too far away.

December 10, 2014

My father is in Lake Harris. I thought they were very wonderful, and actually they were more expensive than some of the others, but I thought it was worth it. The person who gave me a tour was very positive, and the facility itself was lovely. The room was comfortable; it was a two person room, comfortable, and it was nice for him. He did not go down to the dining hall -- he wasn’t in good enough shape to do that -- but they did bring food to his room, and they have a lot of activities.

October 28, 2014

My dad moved in to Lake Harris Inn last end of August. It is very nice, very friendly, and it seems to have a lot of activities listed. Everybody seems to be happy working there. They are very helpful, very respectful, and very caring. However, I think they need to work on the service in their dining room.

July 20, 2014

The reason I didn't choose Lake Harris Inn is because the bathrooms are inaccessible for somebody either in a wheelchair or using a walker. They were pretty outdated. They still had tub enclosures, where you would have to step into a bathtub. They had these awkward sinks that were right next to the toilet seat, so you'd be sitting on the toilet and your knees would be hitting the sink. It seemed to be that there was a lot of help there. For instance, if my mother needed extra help, like physical therapy or something like that, that was readily available there.

Nursing Home Reviews for Lake Port Square

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Lake Port Square

November 27, 2017

By Phyllis

The apartments in Lake Port Square were very nice and large, and the dining area was set up formally. They had activities like swimming and walking trails; I saw a calendar of events. There was also a library. The facilities were nice. The staff members were very good, as well.

February 07, 2017

By Joseph536255

We only visited Lake Port Square once and looked around. It had very long hallways, and I don’t walk that well, so we decided not to pursue it. I could see myself having a long walk to get to dinner. We looked at one unit that was quite nice and large, so that was fine.

January 02, 2017

By Carl148633

Lake Port was very nice but was a high rise, which I don’t like. The units were very nice, but the cost was way too high, unbelievable. In the apartment, there’s a living room, bedroom, a kitchenette area and a nice porch. The ambience was very good. The person who assisted me was very knowledgeable and friendly. I saw card playing, a pool, and bingo. They’re on a lake, which had a very nice walking trail. The facilities were very nice and first class, and the dining area was very beautiful.

November 07, 2016

By Maria H.085846

It’s beautiful when you go in front of Lake Port Square. They have big, tall trees, and you see all the wood. You can walk into a lake with a dock which has chairs where you can sit. It’s beautiful and shady, and you get nice cool air. They take you on a boat, and they take you to different nice areas around the lake, so it’s very panoramic and beautiful. They show a lot of grass and nature. They’ve done a great job with the landscaping, and it’s a big place, but it’s the priciest of all the places that we’ve been to see. The ladies are great. They do a great job taking you around and telling you all the info you need. The rooms are very nice, but it’s a tall but beautiful building.

September 11, 2016

By BN

We went to Lake Port; it’s probably the oldest in the community, and it’s very nice. It was OK, we have lots of friends who live there, and it’s affordable for us. They take care of your room, they have two meals a day, and they’ve got a very nice facility. They got a very nice café, beauty shops, and barbershops. They offer a lot of activities. It’s a perfectly gorgeous beautiful place, with a vineyard, beautiful trees, and a nice walking area. It’s several stories, but I can’t do stairs, and my husband doesn’t like elevators. Once you’re there, you don’t have to go somewhere else as you age, which is what we were looking for.

December 30, 2015

By Robert118139350

Lake Port Square is here in town. It's very clean and organized, and just leaves you with a very good impression. Anything I asked, the staff was ready with an answer. The apartments looked very good, very clean, and of a good size. The only thing detractive for me was that there wasn't a garage for vehicles. If you've gone to the grocery store or out somewhere, you had to schlep everything from the parking lot all the way into the building, up the elevator, and so forth. That's my only concern. Other than that, everything was fine.

November 30, 2015

By Anonymous107820250

Lake Port Square is very nice. There’s an exercise room, a library, and a game room. The food was great too. The staff who assisted us when we visited the facility were not pushy. They were just explaining things. The entire place was nicely decorated.

September 16, 2015

We visited Lake Port, and we thought that was very nice. Everything was very good there. The woman that took us around was excellent. Their whole facility to me was very impressive. The building was very nice. The things to do for the people living there looked to be plentiful. I just thought the set up was excellent. The people were nice, and the activities were good. I was impressed with that.

September 07, 2015

By AC

There are two large apartment buildings, and they have several different floor plans ranging from just one bedroom to two bedrooms. They have five-floor buildings with elevators and very nice dining rooms. They provide transportation to shopping, doctor's appointments, and trips. I was with one of the salespeople, and she was very cordial, experienced, informative, and very good. They have dining room staff and housekeeping. They are well staffed. My score for Lake Port Square would be based on a couple of things: they're more expensive -- which is more than I can afford -- and they do not give any credit for long-term care insurance.

April 30, 2015

By lividrelative

My father was there after back surgery. The medical care was inadequate. They did not change the dressing on his back for two days. Would not come in and give him a bath. Took the doctor 4 hours after he had been called to see my father. When asked for a supervisor it took another 2 1/2 hours for them to see my father. But when my father told them he wanted to go home, someone was there in 3 minutes to start the paper work. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet you and your loved one’s expectations. We appreciate you taking the time to share your concerns and hope you will call us at 877-400-5296 or email us at familyconnection@brookdale.com to discuss your concerns in greater detail.

April 27, 2015

By Karen105088650

I would recommend Lake Port Square in Leesburg for rehab and lifetime care living. That's where my mom was for rehab. It was excellent. They were wonderful to my mother. It was very clean and very nice. The food was excellent.

March 26, 2015

By Richard104159550

Lake Port is very nice, and the staff is upfront and professional. The rooms were pretty good, but overall I wasn’t impressed with the cleanliness; however, the common area and dining area are pretty clean and nice.

January 17, 2015

By Nelda3

Lake Port Square is a wonderful place to live, and if I have to go in anywhere, this is where I will go. They have everything here. I know that the people here liked it because I know some people that were billionaires that lived here. The rooms are very nice. You can get anything you like. You don't have to get a kitchen. You can just get the bedroom part. Some people can't afford the kitchen and everything. The woman that I work for can afford the small kitchen where she can cook for herself. It is just really nice.

November 03, 2014

By Mary96657450

Lake Port Square was very, very good. I have nothing bad to say about them. The staff was fabulous and very informative. The rooms were very nice but they’re more expensive for the space. One really good thing for my parents is they could have kept their own doctors. One of the reasons we didn’t choose it was it didn’t seem active enough for my mom.

July 31, 2014

We chose Lake Port Square because it was very close to my parents' existing living area. My parents have been there for 12 weeks now. The staff is very helpful. My parents have a one-bedroom-one-bathroom apartment. It has full kitchen. It is just under 1000 square feet. They have one meal a day. We have eaten there and the food was very good. The dining room was very much like a restaurant situation.

January 17, 2014

I liked the surrounding area of Lake Port Square because they had a lake. It was gorgeous. But I didn't like the building. The guy who gave us the tour was pleasant. However, we don't belong there, unless I would sell my house first. But then when the money's gone where would I go. They would charge you according to the rooms that you would get, but that would mean within a year, I would be in the street. They would give the amount of rent, but then if you were married, they would tell that the second person would costs more. They had average rooms. They were not tremendously big. I would need two rooms. I didn't see the activities but everyone were bragging about the activities and I saw people waiting for the bus because I they took them out anywhere. I would tell my friends and loved ones to see this place.

June 26, 2013

By John46

The Lake Port Square is close to where I live and from where I work that's why we've chosen that place for my parents. It was the best one we looked around and it's an active community. They are in the independent living area. Aside also from having assisted living they have also nursing home so they can go through the stages right there. The room is nice. The food is fantastic. They have like a five star restaurant there that you go every day. They also have ice cream parlor, barber shop, beauty shop. If the residents need to go anywhere, they will pick them up and take them anywhere they want. Overall, it's a fantastic place. It's top of the line. They liked it and they have a nice view of the lake out their window and they love it.

May 22, 2013

By Helen12

I liked Lake Port Square very much. I liked the location and the units. The staff was very nice, too.

October 11, 2012

By DonaldN

Lake Port Square was a very, very nice place. The staff was excellent.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (19) See fewer reviews

• Coffee Shop
  • General Store
  • Hiking Trails
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym, W/D In Unit, Lake With Boat Dock And Boat

• Pharma

• Tai Chi
  • Activities Extra: Computer Class

• Home Sale Assistance

About Lake Port Square

Lake Port Square provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer.

Our Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations programs provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches our residents, their families and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg we encourage our residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program, filling the monthly calendar with themed experiences, special events and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Within its Continuing Care Retirement Communities, Brookdale Senior Living provides Rehabilitation and Healthcare Centers, where professional staff provide compassionate medical care when needed. Whether for short-term rehabilitation, or for longer-term nursing care, our communities provide excellent services and attention that extends beyond the clinical details of recovery.

Residents of Brookdale Continuing Care Retirement Communities enjoy peace of mind knowing that opportunities for optimizing their health, wellness and convenience await them. With Inspired Independent Living, Personalized Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing care, Brookdale Continuing Care Retirement Communities provide the lifestyles our residents want, the services they need and abundant opportunities to enjoy life in comfort, with convenience and style.

Conveniently located just off S.R. 44. The community is just a few blocks away from the Leesburg Regional Medical Center and Venetian Gardens, a beautiful waterfront park, is within walking distance. In addition, downtown Leesburg, filled with shopping and dining opportunities, is just minutes away.

Map of Lake Port Square