Essex Meadows

Nursing Home Reviews for Essex Meadows

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Essex Meadows

February 27, 2019

By Bruce Brown

Essex Meadows is an excellent facility. They always kept myself and mu sister appraised of my mother's condition and provided excellent care. My mother was not that easyt to deal with in terms of therapy and they displayed tremendous patience.

February 13, 2019

By Rex Joffray

Our family has had the most wonderful experience at the EM Health Center! My 89 year old father was fortunate enough to get a room there and exceptional care after a bout with pneumonia. He was unable to walk, extremely weak, and there was little we could do to help him. The staff was amazing: kind, professional, caring and cheerful. The PT gals amazing. They had my Dad walking down the corridor unassisted in a week. They had him playing games with other residents. Wow! He has been discharged and we couldn’t be more grateful! The Joffray’s.

May 25, 2015

You will pay an initial purchase price at Essex Meadows and then pay monthly. The staff and the people we met, the general appearance, and maintenance of the facility were all nice.

February 20, 2015

By Alden2

This is a lovely facility to independent living. It becomes questionable for assisted living. My father needed to move to the nursing facility, and although he had paid for continuing care, I removed him from Essex Meadows due to poor care. He was given anti-psychotic drugs when he had no condition for which this was proper medication. My sense is that many in the nursing home were drugged into silence. Many were calling for help and no one responded for too long. Those with Alzheimer's seemed especially neglected.

August 29, 2013

By Maggie11

Essex Meadows was beautiful. It was comfortable when it comes to amenities. They had a fitness center. They had art classes, lectures and a book club. They had movies and they go on trips. The rooms were large enough. The staff was accommodating and the food was excellent.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of Essex Meadows

• Overall:
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About Essex Meadows

Essex Meadows is a senior living provider in Essex, Connecticut that offers residents Nursing Homes and Continuing Care Communities. Contact Essex Meadows for more details on services and rates.

Map of Essex Meadows