1 Assisted Living Facility in Woodville, TX
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Woodville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Woodville 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Woodville, call (855) 863-8283.
Other Options in Woodville, TX
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Woodville
Review of The Orchard
We did visit The Orchard. My grandmother lived there. It’s a really good place. The staff is wonderful. They had a little gathering room where they played cards. They took people with the mini-bus ... Read more
Assisted Living near Tyler County, TX
More Options Near Woodville, TX
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Woodville
Woodville, which is called the "Dogwood Capital of Texas," is a small town located in the southeastern part of the state. Woodville is in the Piney Flats region, an area noted for natural resources and extensive choices for outdoor recreation. The city is home to just 2,500 people, with seniors aged 60 and over comprising nearly 31 percent of the population. There are 8 assisted living facilities in Tyler County near the Woodville community. In Woodville, as in all of Texas, assisted living facilities are regulated and licensed by the Department of Health and Human Services and divided into two levels based on residents' need for night time supervision from staff and their ability to evacuate the facility in case of emergency.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Woodville
- Woodville's cost of living is 79, compared to the national average of 100. Grocery and health care costs are in line with the national average, while housing is 50 percent less. This may favorably affect the prices for assisted living.
- Woodville climate is ideal for seniors who enjoy warmer weather, although those sensitive to higher temperatures may be uncomfortable. July high temperatures reach 93, while January lows dip down to 38.
- Violent crime rates are 10 points higher than the national average in Woodville, while property crimes are slightly higher. Although seniors may enjoy the safety of the small, close-knit community, they should be advised to use caution.
- Residents of Texas are subject only to federal income taxes. There is no state income tax and no local cities or communities impose taxes. This may help seniors on fixed incomes afford assisted living.
- This area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Tyler County Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Tyler County has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Woodville Senior Center, an organization that offers game nights and card tournaments, wellness checks, and group outings.
Paying for Assisted Living in Woodville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Texas
Assisted Living costs in Woodville start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Woodville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Woodville
Woodville seniors who receive SSI income or Medicaid or Medicare benefits may be eligible for assisted living financial aid from the state of Texas. This Medicaid Waiver is called the STAR-Plus program; however, it isn't available for all seniors and only covers parts of the state.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Texas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Woodville
Woodville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Woodville, please visit our Assisted Living in Texas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Woodville
Woodville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Texas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Texas page for more information about these laws.