Assisted Living Facilities in Redfield, SD
Also serving communities of Faulkton, Huron.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in Redfield. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Redfield 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Redfield, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Redfield, SD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Redfield
Redfield is a rural town in Spink County, South Dakota. This land is full of gorgeous natural features such as the prairies rich with wildlife and its picturesque rock formations. The diverse yet small population, and more than a quarter of the residents over age 65. Those who need help with the activities of daily living can choose from two assisted living facilities in Redfield.
In Redfield, as throughout South Dakota, ALFs are called assisted living centers (ALCs), and they are designed to assist adults with activities of daily living. The Department of Health licenses and oversees ALFs in Redfield and all of South Dakota.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Redfield
- The cost of living in Redfield is considerably lower than the national average, scoring 71 points out of 100. The biggest contributing factors to the low cost of living are low housing and transportation costs. This may make assisted living facilities here cheaper than in other areas in the country.
- Active seniors who enjoy changing seasons can warm up in the summer with temperatures ranging from highs of 85 degrees to lows of 55 degrees in the months between June and September. Six months out of the year, Redfield has a significant amount of snowfall, averaging 32 inches of snow a year.
- This area is one of the safest in the nation, with a very low crime rate, scoring 12 out of 100 for violent crimes committed and making it one of the better areas for seniors who enjoy walking around their neighborhoods.
- The Redfield area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Community Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- When at the senior center, older residents can purchase bus tickets at $2 a ride for Redfield's transit system of dial-a-ride buses, half of which are equipped to transport people in wheelchairs.
- History and art-loving seniors alike enjoy spending time at the Spink County Museum, home to memorabilia from the area's rich history as well as local wildlife displays and a rotating art gallery.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Redfield
Review of Lakeside Assisted Living Residence
The staff was very pleasant and happy to see visitors. We also ate lunch and the food was pretty good, there was a good variety and nutritious. I had a very nice time there visiting family. We used... Read more