18 Assisted Living Facilities near Clarence Center, NY
There are 18 Assisted Living Facilities in the Clarence Center area, with 2 in Clarence Center and 16 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Clarence Center is $4,300 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Williamsville with an average starting cost of $4,265.
To help you with your search, browse the 156 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Clarence Center. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Clarence Center 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include North Tonawanda with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clarence Center, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Clarence Center, NY
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clarence Center
The hamlet of Clarence Center, which is situated in the town of Clarence in Erie County, New York, has a population of just a little over 2,000 people. In the city of Clarence, the senior population makes up 16 percent of the total population. To support its senior population, Clarence Center has two assisted living facilities, and there are another 38 communities in the surrounding area.
In New York, assisted living facilities are officially called adult care facilities. This term encompasses three types of facilities, including adult homes, enriched housing programs and assisted living residences (ALRs). All three facility types are licensed and regulated by New York's Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clarence Center
- Erie County was given an ozone grade of F and an A for short-term particle pollution by the American Lung Association. This may be a consideration for seniors who have lung or cardiovascular conditions.
- Seniors can expect to spend about 5 percent less on groceries and 11 percent less on healthcare in Clarence Center than they would in other U.S. cities.
- In New York, Social Security benefits are fully tax-exempt, and income from other retirement accounts is deductible up to $20,000. This may leave more money in the budget for assisted living.
- Crime rates are relatively low in Clarence Center, which may help seniors relocate to the region with confidence. On a scale of 1 to 100, with 1 being the safest, violent crime is rated 19.9 and property crime is rated 16.9 here, compared to the U.S. averages of 31.1 and 38.1, respectively.
- Seniors have a variety of transportation options for navigating Clarence Center, including Rural Transit, a non-profit service for adults age 62 and over; the Erie County Going Places Van, which is for seniors over 60; and the senior center's 14-passenger van, which provides transportation to and from the center as well as weekly trips to shopping centers.
- The Clarence Center area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Williamsville.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clarence Center
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in New York
Assisted Living costs in Clarence Center start around $4,300 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clarence Center and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clarence Center
New York's Medicaid State Plan covers services offered in adult homes and enriched housing programs. The state's Long-Term Home Health Program 1915(c) Waiver program may also cover costs associated with assisted living.
Currently, the state does not subsidize services for low-income residents of ALRs. However, qualifying seniors who receive Medicaid personal care services may have them administered in a community setting, including an ALR.
Additionally, the state provides an optional state supplement to Supplemental Security Income recipients, which can be used toward the cost of care.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in New York page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clarence Center
Clarence Center and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clarence Center, please visit our Assisted Living in New York page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clarence Center
Clarence Center-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in New York are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in New York page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Clarence Center, NY
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Clarence Center
Review of Bristol Village, Inc.
Bristol Village, Inc. is a great place. The staff and services are awesome. My mother's room is very spacious and very clean, and they keep it very nice and up-to-date. She enjoys the food. It's ex... Read more
Review of Bristol Village, Inc.
Great appearance, but, looks can deceive, my friends Mom is bored, depressed and can't stand the food, I experienced a average day with my friend and mother. NOT much going on, food was pretty bad.... Read more
Review of Vinecroft
Vinecroft is excellent. The rooms are nice, well taken care of, and there's a lot of space. The food is adequate, and the staff is nice and helpful. The place is very well kept, nice, and comfortab... Read more