156 Assisted Living Facilities near Lutherville, MD
There are 156 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lutherville area, with 2 in Lutherville and 154 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lutherville is $5,000 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 373 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lutherville. Better rated regions include Timonium with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lutherville, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Lutherville, MD
154 Assisted Living Facilities near Lutherville, MD
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lutherville
Seniors with an interest in history may enjoy strolling through the Lutherville Historic District, which includes historic churches and buildings. The town is home to a sizable senior population, with 16.8% of the town's 6,500 residents aged 65 and above.
There are 155 assisted living facilities in Lutherville and nearby communities catering to the senior population. In Lutherville licensing of these facilities is managed by the Department of Health, Assisted Living Unit, and three levels of license are available depending on the care provided.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lutherville
- Baltimore County, including Lutherville, is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership “has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages,” according to AARP.
- Public transport in Lutherville by the Maryland Transit Administration and riders aged 65 and over are eligible for reduced fares. Some seniors may also be able to utilize MobilityLink, a door-to-door, shared-ride service for people unable to use the fixed-route service.
- The Lutherville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Greater Baltimore Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Baltimore County, including Lutherville, received an A grade for 24-hour particle pollution in the State of the Air 2018 report. However, the county received a failing grade for ozone pollution, which may have an impact on the health of seniors with respiratory conditions.
- The overall cost of living in Lutherville is ranked at 129.1 in the Sperling index. This is 29.1 points higher than the national average. This is impacted by the high cost of housing and seniors in the area can save money on everyday expenses. The cost of groceries is rated 98.9 and the cost of healthcare is 97.9, both slightly below the U.S. median.
- Social Security income in Maryland is exempt from tax, while non-public pensions are fully taxed. Income from retirement accounts and public pensions is taxed, but a deduction is available for taxpayers 65 and older. The state's sales tax is also lower than the national average and there are no city or county sales taxes, so seniors can save more money for their assisted living budget.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lutherville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Maryland
Assisted Living costs in Lutherville start around $5,000 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lutherville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lutherville
Maryland's Senior Assisted Living Group Home Subsidy offers financial assistance to people in small assisted living facilities. Lutherville seniors who are eligible for Social Security payments or who would be eligible except for income may also be able to access the Optional State Supplement.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lutherville
Lutherville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lutherville, please visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lutherville
Lutherville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Maryland are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Maryland page for more information about these laws.