2 Assisted Living Facilities in Clay Center, KS
The average cost of assisted living in Clay Center is $3,700 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Abilene with an average starting cost of $3,480.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Clay Center, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Clay Center, KS
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Clay Center
Known as the City Beautiful, Clay Center is a welcoming community that offers beautiful green spaces and a small-town environment. While the city has a modest population of just over 4,100, there is a large senior demographic as 25% of its residents are aged 65 and older.
Seniors who feel they could benefit from assistance with daily tasks can find that support at an adult care home (ACH), two of which are available in Clay Center. In the state of Kansas, assisted living facilities (ALFs) and residential health care facilities are both classified as ACHs and are licensed and governed by the Secretary of Aging and Disability Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Clay Center
- At 75.9, the cost of living in Clay Center is lower than both the U.S. national average of 100 and Kansas state average of 90, making it an affordable option for seniors on a tight budget.
- Clay Center prides itself in being a safe community for families and seniors. The rate of violent crime is 14.3 out of 100, with 100 representing high crime, which is lower than the U.S. national average of 22.7. Property crime rates are also lower, scoring 30.5 compared to 35.4.
- Clay Center does not have its own public transportation service. As it is a vehicle-dependent city, seniors without access to a personal vehicle may find it difficult to get around.
- Seniors in Clay Center can enjoy a wide variety of arts, culture and attractions year-round. Spend the day at the city zoo, explore the Clay County Museum or relax with a book at the Clay Center Carnegie Library. The city also hosts several events throughout the year, including the Clay County Fair.
- The Clay Center area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Clay County Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Clay Center has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Clay County Senior Services (CCSS), an organization that offers a range of services to support senior wellness, including meal delivery, transportation, physical exercise and social activities, as well as several senior centers across Clay County.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Clay Center
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Kansas
Assisted Living costs in Clay Center start around $3,700 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Clay Center and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Clay Center
When it comes to paying for assisted living, seniors in Clay Center are fortunate to have access to the state's KanCare Medicaid waiver programs, which help cover services in an ALF, up to the entire cost of assisted living. Certain services may also be covered by the Frail Elderly (FE) waiver program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Clay Center
Clay Center and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Clay Center, please visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Clay Center
Clay Center-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Kansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Kansas page for more information about these laws.