3 Assisted Living Facilities
Morgan County, GA
The average cost of assisted living in
Morgan County is
than the national median of
To help you with your search, browse the
assisted living facilities
in Morgan County.
On average, consumers rate assisted living in Morgan County
out of 5 stars.
Better rated regions include
with an average rating of
out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about
assisted living options and costs in
Browse Assisted Living by city:
Assisted Living in Madison
The average cost of assisted living in Morgan County is $1,850 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,345.
To help you with your search, browse the 7 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Morgan County. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Morgan County 3.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Oconee County with an average rating of 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Morgan County, call (855) 863-8283.
Browse Assisted Living by city: Assisted Living in Madison
Assisted Living near Morgan County, GA
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Morgan County
Review of The Oconee House Senior Living
The rooms in Oconee House are a bit small, and residents have to share bathrooms, so we didn't like that. They have a door that leads to a back porch or deck, but they told us they didn't want anyo... Read more
Review of Madison House Senior Living
The rooms in Madison House looked quite small and the residents don't have their own bathrooms. The person who took me on the tour was very nice and knowledgeable. They have a little outside patio,... Read more
Review of The Oconee House Senior Living
Oconee House has wonderful staff! Their food is amazing. They are very friendly and accomindating to all their residents. They have many activities for their residents. Read more
More Options near Morgan County, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Morgan County
Morgan County, Georgia is a small county approximately an hour east from the capital city of Atlanta. Close to 20 percent of the county’s 18,412 residents are over the age of 65. To accommodate these seniors who require assistance with daily tasks, such as administration of medication, feeding, bathing and grooming, there are two assisted living facilities within the county's seat of Madison and 11 in nearby cities of Greensboro, Buckhead, Social Circle and Eatonton.
There are two distinct types of assisted living facilities within Morgan County and the state of Georgia. These include assisted living communities, which are personal care homes with 25 or more seniors, and personal care homes with at least two adults. Both are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Morgan County
- The Morgan County area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Morgan Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Morgan County has an array community resources for seniors, including the Northeast Georgia Area Agency on Aging, an organization that helps address the needs and concerns of seniors within the area as well as one senior center.
- Transportation for seniors in Morgan County is provided by Morgan County Transit at discount fares. Seats at the front of the vans are reserved for seniors and individuals with disabilities. The Morgan County Senior Center also offers a transit service to and from doctor’s appointments and other basic errands.
- For active seniors who enjoy being outside, Morgan County only receives around an inch of snow per year, and there are approximately 218 days of sunshine. Summers are hot and humid with highs around 90 degrees Fahrenheit, while winters are mild with lows around 33 degrees.
- Seniors may spend a bit more money in Morgan County than in other areas of the state. Based on the national cost of living average of 100, Morgan County is ranked 107.7. The average in Georgia is 93.
- Crime rates in Morgan County are about the same as the national average, which makes it possible for seniors to navigate the area safely. Based on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), violent crime is ranked 39.8 in Morgan County, which compares to the national average of 31.1. For property crime, the average in Morgan County is 37.1 and the U.S. average is 38.1.
Paying for Assisted Living in Morgan County
Average Monthly Costs
Counties in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Morgan County start around $1,850 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Morgan County and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Morgan County
Morgan County and the state of Georgia offer two different state Medicaid waiver programs to helps seniors pay for assisted living facilities. These programs include the Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and the Georgia SOURCE Waiver Program. The SOURCE program is available for disabled individuals 65 and older. The CCSP program is available for Medicaid-eligible individuals 60 and older that require nursing care. Room and board are not included in either waiver, but family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Morgan County
Morgan County and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Morgan County
Morgan County-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.