Arrowood at Southwestern

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, and Nursing Homes

500 Lewis Run Road, West Mifflin, PA 15122
Arrowood at Southwestern (844) 325-8230
PROMOTION! 13 days

Enjoy 2 months of free rent if financial responsibility is taken by July 1, 2018 Enjoy 1 month of free rent if financial responsibility is taken by August 1, 2018

PROMOTION! 13 days

Reviews of Arrowood at Southwestern

Assisted Living Reviews for Arrowood at Southwestern

Independent Living Reviews for Arrowood at Southwestern

May 21, 2016

By prudis

Mom has lived at Arrowood for nearly a year, and it is awesome. This is a thriving community with lots of activities. The staff is friendly, Living here has a great balance of things to do within the community and the freedom to maintain your activities outside as well. Just perfect for my active mother.

Thank you for your feedback. We are always looking for ways to enhance the lives of the residents at our Arrowood Community. We welcome any new ideas and suggestions, and are glad your Mom chose us.

December 15, 2015

By Wayne19

They took me for a tour at Arrowood. It was very nice and reasonably priced. I looked at the rooms and the dining room, and I liked everything. The staff was very nice and helpful and answered all of my questions. It's not quite as classy as the other one I looked at, but I think it's about $1,000 a month cheaper. It would be a place I would consider.

November 29, 2015

By Spiros

Everything was fine at Arrow Wood. The staff was accommodating and very friendly. The rooms were OK and satisfactory.

November 09, 2015

By Catherine34

My relative is at Arrowood At Southwestern. It is very clean and bright with a lot of activities available and friendly people. My relative is very content there. She has been there since June and has her own apartment.

January 11, 2014

At Arrowood, they have independent living and personal care. It is a privately owned community. They were very nice but they're too far from us in terms of location. I also didn't remember much about their personal care facility, but their independent living facility was beautiful. At that time, there were a lot of residents in the dining room and they were having a meeting. Their apartments were beautiful and they were also cheaper than most of the places I visited.

Nursing Home Reviews for Arrowood at Southwestern

May 11, 2013

We went to Southwestern Nursing Center to check the place. The facility was complete from doctors to hospital care. I thought it was for seniors who were really ill. And at that time, my mother-in-law did not need that level of care.

October 29, 2011

By poopsie

this is the worse nursing home i ever saw. my motherinlaw was in there for a week after leaving a hospital from stroke like symptons. i complained about no communication from dr or nurses . we knew nothing for a week . she didnt eat and they told my fatherinlaw she was eatting . i was there everyday . she was weak and didnt eat for 3 weeks. they brought her a tray in with a cold hot dog, french fried and baked beans, i told them are you serious she has eatten and this what you gave her.i ask if they had boost or sometthing they told me in butter pecan which she didnt drink and they didnt care. i went in and saw she had foam like yellow on her face this is at 400 they told me oh she may have had a mini stroke oseizure at 10 in the morning and no one called us. well today my daughter made a surprise visit at 9 and she was in the hall facing the opposite of the nursing with again yellow foam and her head back and my daughter yelled something is wrong. they came over and said she looks like a seizure. my daughter said what are you going to do they said well call 911. they took her to a hospital i met them there. she was totally dehydrated and her bum was all sore for not changing her depend. her blood work came back all levels not good. so you decide if this is what you want for your loved one . i sure dont and by the way i reported them and the hospital also has a record of this and i am not done.

Costs for Arrowood at Southwestern

Photos of Arrowood at Southwestern

Services and Amenities of Arrowood at Southwestern

• Fee Structure Extra: We Offer A Month To Month Rental

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Activities Extra: Computer Class

About Arrowood at Southwestern

Completed in 1997, Arrowood is comprised of 122 apartments. The exquisitely decorated building is located within the picturesque 40 acres of the Southwestern campus. Located in the borough of Pleasant Hills and within easy reach of downtown Pittsburgh and all its attractions, Arrowood at Southwestern provides exceptional retirement living while surrounding you with comfortable and affordable lifestyle choices.

An independent living community offering multiple floor plans, ranging in size from studios to generous two bedroom suites. All individuals, regardless of apartment size, have full use of our expansive common areas and amenities.

Each apartment provides Arrowood individuals with their own privacy. Individuals are encouraged to bring their own furniture and arrange their apartments as they wish. Each private apartment is furnished with a kitchenette that includes a microwave and small refrigerator. Arrowood at Southwestern also provides the security that allows residents to feel at ease in their own home. The community features 24 HR onsite security. Safety is also a priority and emergency pull-cords are installed in each apartment to alert us if you need immediate assistance.

Why should you consider Arrowood at Southwestern Retirement Living?

• Take a moment to experience what retirement living is really like.
  • Our friends and families would love to share their reasons why they call this their home and best lifestyle choice. “Every day is like Sunday,” is what they will tell you.
  • Exceptional hospitality, dining and entertainment with a multitude of support services and well appointed apartments complemented by superior amenities. It’s your choice

When is it time to make the decision to downsize?

• Tired of rising healthcare costs, home maintenance expenses, real estate taxes and household chores?
Relieve the burden and headache of household tasks and obligations.
Have more time to do what you like, when you like.
  • You’ll never have to worry again with our affordable retirement lifestyle options.
Flexible options include apartment leasing and services with or without entrance fees.
The best home for the next stage of your life should provide more freedom, more convenience, better care and less worry.

Is it less expensive and more financially secure for you to stay in your current home?

• Though your mortgage may be paid off, monthly expenses to maintain your home and lifestyle are higher than you realize and less predictable as your home ages or less able to physically manage the home.
  • Living in a Continuing Care Retirement Community can offer a cost-effective lifestyle, can offer a sound investment in your future, and can provide you with more predictable costs and greater financial peace of mind.

All Inclusive Services

• Dining venues and flexible options
  • Weekly in-home housekeeping, linen and laundry
  • Residence and ground maintenance
  • All utilities (except phone)
  • Resident business center (fax, copier, computer)
  • 24-hour on-site security
  • Schedule Transportation

Amenities

• Guest suites
  • Living room seating, fireplace
  • Billiard room and card room
  • Library and media center
  • Shopping venue
  • Chapel
  • Parking
  • Vehicle/snow concierge service

For Independent Living Information please give us a call for a FREE personalized tour.

Map of Arrowood at Southwestern