Assisted Living at Northern Riverview

Reviews of Assisted Living at Northern Riverview

Assisted Living Reviews for Assisted Living at Northern Riverview

April 24, 2012

By bloggermom

Although there were some wonderful people working on the staff, I was underwhelmed and under-impressed with the facility. Most of the staff did not seem to care at all about the residents, and at times, this lack of care bordered on neglect. My grandmother lived in the facility for 5 years. On more than one occasion, even when the staff knew we were coming to pick her up, she was in filthy, unwashed clothes, or was left in clothes that stunk of urine. Some weeks, I visited multiple times, and my grandmother had not changed her clothes. She had dementia, and the staff should have realized she was in the same clothes for days at a time, and urged her to change.Staff members also stole a lot of clothes. I am going to assume my grandmother is not the only resident to whom this happened. We wrote her name on all of her clothes because we thought they were getting lost, but then we actually saw staff wearing identical clothes. On one occasion, for Easter, the staff neglected to tell us that my grandmother was ill with a stomach virus. We did not find out until we saw her get sick at our house. She also gave whatever she had to the entire family, including an infant whose health was in jeopardy. My grandmother ended up hospitalized for this the next day. Other residents of the facility were also hospitalized at this time. When we brought her back to the facility, the staff informed us that they knew she had been sick, but didn't think it was important to let us know beforehand.It is unfortunate that only a small minority of the staff was caring and helpful. Most of the people working there seem to be there only because they have to since it it their job. If we knew beforehand how poor the facility really was, we would have searched for another facility to send my grandmother to.

December 12, 2011

By CRG824

I moved my Dad in a week ago. So far, so good. The staff is very friendly and seems willing to help at any time. I The facility itself is clean, my Dad is happy .The nursing staff is lovely and very helpful. The administrator was a godsend when I needed help. My only issue is the smoking that goes on in front of the entrance.

June 27, 2011

By raiders68

When I put my relative in the assisted living I was so pleasantly surprised at how clean it was and how caring the staff was. They are the only assisted living in Rockland that takes Medicaid and I was so happy to get her in there.

Services and Amenities of Assisted Living at Northern Riverview

About Assisted Living at Northern Riverview

Assisted Living at Northern Riverview is a senior living provider in Haverstraw, New York that offers residents Assisted Living and Nursing Homes. Contact Assisted Living at Northern Riverview for more details on services and rates.

Map of Assisted Living at Northern Riverview