CareOne at Hanover Township

Reviews of CareOne at Hanover Township

Nursing Home Reviews for CareOne at Hanover Township

January 19, 2017

By NormanMontyFred

This place was amazingly poor. You hear about elder care facilities typically being like this, but I witnessed this for myself and was amazed. My parent was here to recover from a respiratory condition. Sadly, over the month that he was there, he and others would ring the bell for help, and no one would come for at least 20 minutes. As he was there longer, the wait got longer. While visiting, you frequently heard the help bells going off for huge amounts of time - with no one in site to help them. The nursing staff would frequently leave the bathrooms of the patients filthy and smelly, and then would get upset if you brought it to their attention. Most were extremely unfriendly - acted like you didn't exist. There is one person that is an exception to this nightmare - his name is Mike. He is wonderful Helpful and always friendly - but one person can't do all things for all people there, but he really tries. Such a great guy. It is one of the more depressing places I've ever seen, and this is a private facility. I can't even imagine what a state run place is like. Maybe other Care One facilities are better, but I will never put a loved one into this facility again.

September 18, 2015

By carolinevigilante

My mother-in-law had to come to this facility afree falling a fracturing her hip. This resulted in a two month stay at Care One in Whippany. I cannot say enough about the staff, Dierdre, Michael, Benedict and Shirley were so helpful. Not all facilities have this level, I have seen others that were pretty bad. This place is a gem, if you are local.

November 23, 2014

We didn’t care for Care One too much. They said they would do rehab and there was rehab, but then they stopped and he regressed. When he left the facility, he was a lot worse than when he originally went in. They have enough training, and they have staff, so maybe it wasn’t them; my father is not a great patient, and he was kind of stubborn. You couldn’t get any answers from the staff. You asked questions, and you couldn’t get any answers from them. They are paying a doctor to come in, and we see him maybe once a week. The physical structure was fine; I've see him once or twice doing activities in the room. They do have places to socialize and areas for families. They were compassionate and understanding about the case at one point, but not towards the end. The cleanliness was above par. They must answer questions when people have questions about the operation, about seeing the doctors, and patient-doctor relationships were very poor there.

July 12, 2014

They told me when my mother went in Care One that they accepted Medicare. After she was discharged, they had a bill for over $4000. They were saying that Medicare didn't pay for her room and board and they wanted me to pay it. They waited months and months and months before they sent this bill. I would not recommend them as a sub-acute facility. I would recommend that people be very careful with their financial obligation before they go in there. Other than their billing, we weren’t interviewed by the place before I agreed to bring her there. They started off being very nice to her. She shared a room with someone, and this person left, then they moved her into a room by herself. After she was in a room by herself, she was pretty much ignored. The staff in the physical therapy department was very nice. They were very kind and very nurturing. It's very clean. The activities director was amazing. Of all four places she had been in throughout the last year, the activities director there was the nicest of all of them. He got right down on the patient's level, and he connected with all of them. He got them out of their rooms. He got them involved even then they didn't want to be. I would personally recommend the activities director to go anywhere. He has high accolades.

Photos of CareOne at Hanover Township

Services and Amenities of CareOne at Hanover Township

• Housing Extra: Private & Shared Rooms

• Minimum Age: None
  • Pets: No Pets Allowed

About CareOne at Hanover Township

care-one.com

Let CareOne help you take the worry out of long-term care. Our knowledgeable specialists can help you and your family navigate all of the care options available. Plus, you and your loved one will be assured of a comfortable, seamless transition to the long-term care environment.

Most important, our staff includes experienced registered nurses, certified nursing assistants, nursing directors and managers who not only provide outstanding care but also treat each resident like a member of their own family.

Our long-term care team includes:

• 24-hour-a-day registered nurses
  • Activity and recreation staff
  • Certified nursing assistants
  • Licensed nutritionists
  • Social services
  • Spiritual support services
  • On-site physician services including internal medicine, podiatry, ophthalmology and dental care

CareOne at Hanover Township is located just off Route 10, close to Routes 287 and 24, in Whippany, N.J.

Map of CareOne at Hanover Township