Memory Care Facilities in Glenwood Springs, CO
Also serving communities of Carbondale.
The average cost of memory care in Glenwood Springs is $7,900 per month. This is higher than the national median of $5,495.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about memory care options and costs in Glenwood Springs, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Memory Care Facilities in Glenwood Springs, CO
Roaring Fork Senior Living
What to Consider About Memory Care in Glenwood Springs
Almost 10,000 people live in Glenwood Springs, and over 12 percent of the population are aged 65 and older. This age group is most at risk of Alzheimer's disease, a condition that affects around 71,000 people in Colorado. Four memory care facilities in the area offer support to people with dementia.
Memory care facilities in Glenwood Springs must provide secure buildings and outside areas for residents and specialized training to staff. They're licensed and monitored by Colorado's Department of Public Health and Environment.
- Glenwood Springs has white winters. There's an average of 46 inches of snow each year, 20 inches more than the national average, and the January low temperature averages 13 degrees. Summers warm up to an average high of 87 degrees in July. Families may wish to ask facilities how they keep residents comfortable and safe during extreme cold weather.
- The overall crime rate in Glenwood Springs is 49 crimes per 1,000 residents, which is higher than 93 percent of Colorado's other communities. This is largely due to the high rate of property crime, which at 45.87 is almost 20 points higher than the state average of 27.02. The violent crime rate of 2.71 is slightly lower than the Colorado average of 3.68. Most facilities have security plans, but families should ask for details if they're concerned about the safety of their loved ones.
- The Glenwood Springs area is home to world-class medical facilities, including those specializing in brain health and dementia care, such as Valley View Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Edwards-Glenwood Springs area is tied for first place in the State of the Air 2018 report for cleanest metropolitan area in the country for 24-hour particle pollution. Garfield County received a passing grade in ozone pollution, though the levels are higher. The good air quality in the area may help improve the health of seniors with respiratory conditions.
Paying for Memory Care in Glenwood Springs
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Colorado
Memory Care costs in Glenwood Springs start around $7,900 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of memory care is $5,663 per month.
It’s important to note that memory care rates in Glenwood Springs and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Memory Care in Glenwood Springs
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Memory Care in Colorado page.
More Ways to Pay for Memory Care
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for memory care, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance memory care costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance memory care, visit our Memory Care in Colorado page.
Free Memory Care Resources in Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Springs and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in a memory care community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free memory care resources in Glenwood Springs, please visit our Memory Care in Colorado page.
Directory of Winners in the Glenwood Springs Area
Memory Care Laws and Regulations in Glenwood Springs
Glenwood Springs-area memory care communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all memory care communities in Colorado are required to follow. Visit our Memory Care in Colorado page for more information about these laws.
Memory Care near Glenwood Springs, CO
Other Options in Glenwood Springs, CO
8 Things to Do When You First Learn Your Loved One Has Alzheimer's
Practical steps you can take when you're wondering, "Where do I start?" Let reality sink in. Whether you've suspected the diagnosis for ages or it's come as a shock, absorbing the reality a...
10 Signs It Might Be Time for Memory Care
Unlike many health conditions, which tend to develop or at least come to light all at once, dementia comes on gradually, and the signs can be confusing and easy to miss -- or misunderstand. And the...
8 Red Flags That an Alzheimer's Caregiver Needs a Break
Stress and burnout are the most common problems for those who care for someone with Alzheimer's disease. And, in turn, caregiver stress -- the emotional strain of tending to a loved one -- is one o...
Memory Care vs. Assisted Living
About seven in 10 adults over 65 will require long-term care at some point in their lives, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. If your parents or other aging loved on...
Memory Care Checklist: What to Look for, What to Ask
Choosing the right residential care facility is hard, and choosing the right memory care facility is even harder. Here are some questions to ask to help make the decision easier. As with any resid...
- How to Find the Alzheimer's Care Facility That is Right for You
Paying for Memory Care: 7 Things to Know
A relatively new alternative to at-home care for someone with dementia is a residential community that specializes in dementia care. Known as "memory care" or "Alzheimer's care," such housing is in...