11 Independent Living Communities in Chester County, PA

Bellingham Retirement Community

1615 East Boot Road, West Chester, PA
Susan: "Bellingham Retirement Community was wonderful, but they didn't offer a home-for-life program. It's privately funded. Their apartments were adequate, and the tour went very well. We really like the community, it's just not a good fit for us... (read more)

2014, 2015

St. Martha Villa

490 Manor Avenue, Downingtown, PA
St. Martha Villa for Independent & Retirement Living, a Catholic faith Independent and Assisted Living facility, located in Downington, Pennsylvania offers our residents a home. St. Martha Villa is home to many active adults who value their... (read more)

Arbour Square at West Chester

1205 Ward Avenue, West Chester, PA
Francis: "Arbour Square at West Chester was a fantastic facility. It's brand new. It's a community of its own. It has two restaurants in the facility, a theater, and everything you need. You don't have to leave the complex. It has a general store, a... (read more)

Friends Home in Kennett

147 West State Street, Kennett Square, PA
Friends Home is a non-profit senior living community that offers a variety of living options to help residents remain independent and active. For more than 100 years, Friends Home in Kennett has been a special part of historic Kennett Squar... (read more)

Tel Hai

1200 Tel Hai Cir, Honey Brook, PA
Pat102820: "Tel Hai was a nice place. The residents seemed to be comfortable. The workers were fine, and they had very nice cottages. "

Mary Taylor House

326 North Walnut Street, West Chester, PA
Alberta1: "THey gave me all pertenant information in a timely manner. A tour was gven of the rooms & facility. Employees were personable and answered all of my questions. My only complainant was the property manager told me over & over that a form... (read more)

Brightview East Norriton

300 East Germantown Pike, East Norriton, PA
Frances: "We like Brightview East Norriton. I'm from Pennsylvania, so I would go to Norriton if I had no other alternative, but it was beginning to show its wear and tear. It was clean, but it was getting old. It really wasn't I was looking for. I t... (read more)

Traditions at Longwood

222 Begonia Cir, Kennett Square, PA
Janice49: "I am staying at Traditions. It is an independent living home. It is a fine facility, but they don't do maintenance except outside and we are responsible for house maintenance. The house is spacious enough. There are activities, just about ... (read more)

Wellington at Hershey's Mill

1361 Boot Road, West Chester, PA
Unbothered216: "This place use to be a really nice place, But soo much has changed now. I was a caregiver here and I was a great worker. I learned that working here we were always short of aides so the residents complain because they want to get up for th... (read more)

Ashbridge Manor

971 E Lancaster Ave, Downingtown, PA
Erica: "My mom is staying at Ashbridge Manor. It's an old hotel and they renovated it. It's a little bit institutional but it's functionally nice. The staff and services are very lovely and my mom really enjoys living there. The people are very ni... (read more)

Trinity House

15 Leopard Rd, Berwyn, PA
Cheryl11: "The location and price of Trinity House were perfect. It was close to our home. The people looked happy and they had everything you need. However, the units were a bit worn out. "

At A Glance

There are 11 of independent living communities in the city and surrounding area to choose from, with an average cost of $2,562 per month.

Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Chester County area find the independent living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.

• See more than 39 reviews of independent living communities in the Chester County area from residents and their loved ones.
  • Browse our comprehensive directory of 11 independent living communities in the Chester County area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.