Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek

Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek

May 22, 2015

Brookdale Sweetwater Creek is much closer to where I live, and it is nice. The rooms there are smaller, and it is actually going to be a little bit more expensive than where my husband is. I really like the other facility better even though that is farther from my home. The staffs were nice and OK. I can't really say much about the food. They did tell me about the activities, but I can't remember what they were. The overall atmosphere seemed to be good. The people were nice, and it appeared to be clean. I don't know much else how I can really describe it not having much experience with the attendants that take care of the people. I do know that there is a lady from my church that is there, and she seems to be real happy with it.

December 15, 2014

I really liked Emeritus at Sweetwater. It was very well kept and decorated really nicely. They have friendly staff. The living environment was nice. We weren't ready for the price at the time we visited. If they could improve on lowering the price, that would be great.

August 31, 2014

By Anna15

Emeritus at Sweetwater was my favorite of all three. I came across this one through Caring.com. I was sat before and after the visit to ask if I had any questions, any concerns. They were just phenomenal. As far as information goes, you couldn't beat it. I was introduced to several people that works there. They were just wonderful and most of them had long work history. The staff was top number 1. The place was absolutely beautiful. It was probably the biggest of the three. The rooms were about the same size. They have one-room suite and two-room. They have beautiful outside area for the residents. They were very much involved in making sure the residents were involved with every kind of activities possible. They do different kinds of activities. They have people come in and do certain things with the residents. They also have a church service. They gave me a sample menu. They have three main entrees. I met the chef and he was just a wonderful person. He is a class A chef. They have a subkitchen where the residents could fix coffee if they got up early in the morning or have a glass of juice or continental type breakfast. They always have something available for them before breakfast is actually served. The community was absolutely awesome. It is situated right on Sweetwater creek. It is absolutely beautiful when you drive in. The community itself was friendly, home-warming, family-oriented, and they have everything you would want for yourself as well as your parents. You couldn't ask for more in a community. I would definitely recommend this place to others.

July 06, 2014

By Julie38

Emeritus has one-bedroom apartments, and the rooms are really nice and spacious. They have beautiful landscaping, and the people are very pleasant. The staff is helpful and supportive. They have a chef, and the food is very good. He prepares food fresh.

June 26, 2014

By Wayne8

Emeritus Sweetwater was very nice. My dad liked it. They were very thoughtfully caring for him. Right up until he went into the hospital, they did everything they could for him. They tried to make him at home. They were some things about the food that he wasn't crazy about, and they made some adjustments for him. I really liked the place. They were very personable. When I walked in, they knew who I was and they were very friendly. The place and the common area were very neat and clean. They had comfortable furniture for the residents. His room had a weekly heavy cleaning, and they did his beddings every day. It was a nice setting, and it was all on one floor. They had easy access if the residents wanted to go outside. I knew they were planning some changes for the dining. They were going to have an open dining the whole day instead of having set meal times. My dad never had the chance to see that, but he was excited about the change. For the short time that my dad was there, I didn't find any fault with it. They were very good.

June 26, 2014

By Barbara88965850

I like the size, the cleanliness, and location of Emeritus Sweetwater. The food was good. It's not the absolute best, but for that type of facility I would say it was good. They had snack bar areas and had nice outdoor areas.

June 19, 2014

I visited Emeritus at Sweetwater, and they have very nice people. The rooms were absolutely beautiful. I would live there myself. You walk in, and there is no smell. The hallways were decorated beautifully. The doors were like in a hotel. It was just like being in a hotel. You wouldn’t think you were in an assisted living facility. We talked to the lady out there, who actually tried really hard to try to help get some type of financing help for my aunt. At the time of the day that we went there, all the residents were out in the formal area watching TV, and I even talked to a couple of residents. They love the facility and they are very happy there.

December 20, 2013

By Angelia1

Emeritus at Sweetwater is a facility that is closer to where I live. It also has the same atmosphere as the other facility where my grandfather is now. It is also a lovely facility. However, there is nothing within that area on that little road that is visually appealing. It is just like an industrial road. Sweetwater location did not offer anything within the area attraction-wise to take my grandfather to. I also did not get to meet a lot of staff during my visit there. We just had someone who took us around for a tour. Even the director was not there to receive us. I didn't see as many residents at that facility, which was a concern for me. I was uncomfortable with this facility. It was a very nice facility but it was not what I wanted for my grandfather. I would suggest that they need to have more visibility of the staff who is in contact with the residents and also to meet the people who are touring the facility and not just the tour guide because maybe you would want to meet one of the help aides or the activities director, etc., just someone else other than the tour guide.

November 27, 2013

By Tom41

The rooms at Emeritus at Sweet Water were good. The rooms are much larger than a lot of places we looked at. They have games and crafts and things like that, but we have not been that long enough to look at the activities. I was able to eat breakfast there and the food is fine. My mother said that most of the food is good. We had a lot of issues with the transition getting in and some of the people there. I really like the location of the facility, but I don’t think I would recommend them because we had some issues with the staff. I think it would be better if they had better communication initially. They need to communicate a little bit better about how they do things.

September 08, 2013

By Hhhmmmm

Visited facility to see if it would be suitable for parents needing to go into assisted living. I visited several times, some scheduled and some not scheduled. The facility was clean and grounds were OK; however, on none of my visits into the facility was I ever greeted or questioned by any staff member. This concerned me as no one knew me there, yet no one questioned my presence there at various hours of the day and night. Did not get a good feel to have parents live here.

March 26, 2013

By pinkilee

The staff seems to be very caring in Sweetwater Springs. The place is very clean and very well-decorated. The staff was very friendly from the nurse down to the receptionist

October 11, 2012

By m.webb6190

Our experience has been a great experience so far and we very thankful to have found this facility just one town over. This facility offers bingo games throughout the week as well as trivia night. The assisted are also allowed to furnish there private rooms with their personal items from home. Making the transition for the assisted a little bit more easier giving the illusion that their still in their previous homes.

July 10, 2012

By Saturdays Child

I went to Sweetwater Springs to visit a friend and tour the facility. Upon arriving, I was impressed with the decor and cleanliness. The staff were welcoming and informative. My friends room was a small efficiency with a kitchen, living room, bathroom and separate bedroom. I was impressed to see that she had everything she could need in this space. Her room felt like a home. After some time visiting, my friend took me on a tour of the facility. There were many rooms and spaces including a cafeteria, a game and activites room, quiet reading spaces, outdoor living and comprehesive library and media room.When completing my visit with my friend, I determined that should I or any member of my family need assisted living services, Sweetwater Springs would be a first choice.

Memory Care Reviews for Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek

Questions about Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Monthly, quarterly, and yearly in-services.

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Mid 70’s to early 80’s. Bingo, happy hour, butter bean auctions, outings for shopping and lunch.

What programs or activities does Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Outings, exercise, trivia, flex your brain, religious services, etc.

What places are near Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Sweetwater Creek State Park.

What transportation services does Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek offer to assisted living residents?

Transportation to and from doctors appointments within a 12 mile radius, twice a week.

What makes the chef or dining program at Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Several choices are offered at every meal, and it is reduced sodium. We also offer reduced sugar desserts.

What safety features or security measures does Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek offer to assisted living residents?

The doors lock in the evenings.

How does Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We have care plan meetings with families, as well as family nights.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff according to the state regulations, 1:15; however, we will schedule above that if the need arises.

If Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We accept small pets, $300 fee. We have several outdoor areas for the pets and residents to enjoy.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly, quarterly and yearly training and in-services.

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

1 st shift: 5, 2 nd shift: 5, 3 rd shift: 4.

What safety features or security measures does Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a secure memory care portion of the community for those who wander.

What programs or activities does Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

We offer Brookdale’s Clare Bridge program to keep residents engaged.

The Health and Wellness Director. She assesses every 6 months.

What techniques does Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

We have a specific program developed by Brookdale for our residents during mealtime.

How does Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Care plan meetings, and family nights.

Describe the neighborhood around Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are conveniently located off of I-20, near Sweetwater Creek State Park!

Is Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

There are 3 major hospitals within a 10 mile radius.

Costs for Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

• State Licenses: PCH007781

About Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek

Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek encourages residents to pursue a thriving lifestyle with an upscale setting. Residents enjoy the care, activities, amenities, and floor plans we offer because we are always keeping seniors’ comfort in mind. Come see why many seniors in the Lithia Springs area choose Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek!

Close to I-20 and downtown Atlanta, Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek is conveniently located and next to a beautiful state park. Enjoy nearby attractions like the West Pines Golf Club, downtown Douglasville or Six Flags over Georgia for family trips. You can also take loved ones or join our scheduled transportation services to fun excursions like the Fox Theater, the Georgia Aquarium, or an Atlanta Braves game.

Personal Care ServicesA personal care home is a smart option for seniors who need daily assistance but prefer an intimate environment. Tasks that you manage at home yourself are taken care of by the community, such as housekeeping, laundry, meals, and more.

Our Services Include:

• Associates on site 24/7
  • Licensed nurse available
  • Emergency response system
  • Medication administration and management
  • Bathing, dressing, grooming and toileting assistance
  • Minimal transfer assistance
Memory Care Services

Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek offers a friendly, comfortable environment and specially trained associates. We provide purposeful programs and life-enriching care that not only improves quality of life but can slow diminishing physical and mental health.

Our Services Include:

• 24/7 specially trained memory care associates
  • Licensed nurse available
  • Brain fitness and memory enhancement programs
  • Emergency response system
  • Medication administration and management
  • Bathing, dressing, grooming, and toileting assistance
  • Minimal transfer assistance

We have two nurses on staff, and our location is great! We are between Astell and Powder Springs, and within close proximity to a park and the Interstate.

Map of Legacy Ridge at Sweetwater Creek