StoneRidge Mystic, CT

Nursing Home Reviews for StoneRidge

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for StoneRidge

September 23, 2020

By Schatz Harley

I was in my late 70’s, sitting on the deck of our lake house in North Carolina, feeling alone and at wits end. My beloved husband was showing signs of approaching dementia. We both realized it was time for the next step but where, how? We had visited two continuing care communities in Raleigh and were, honestly, appalled. Too big, too institutional, cafeteria food, small windows, dark apartments laid out badly, no workshop for Dick...no, no, no. So we did what any normal couple would do...right? Delayed the Decision. Sold the house, Got into the motor home and went traveling. Basking uneasily in the Florida sun, we heard from our eldest child, who lived in Preston, CT. “Mom, I just was invited to give a talk at StoneRidge, a Continuing Care Community in Mystic. Boy, am I impressed...this is where you should be...look ‘em up.” I got on the phone and Dick got on the computer...in four days we had a wealth of information and two phone calls later, we sent off a sizable check. Yes, we committed sight unseen. Yes, it is Independent Living, but the staff and residents here felt like family from the start. Dick made two grandfather clocks in the workshop, we served on numerous committees and loved our new, satisfying life...perfectly free to do as we wished but reassured by the feeling that there was a safety net for us. Eventually, Dick was given the care he needed at Avalon, our nursing home. Every single staff member... even the cleaning ladies... came to bid him goodbye in his final days. I love my sunny apartment and still think, 13 years later, this was the best move we ever made. Dealing with Covid 19 has been much easier here. We have been perfectly safe... the staff has made a huge effort to give us opportunities for social interaction. There are more things to do here than I can get around to...even now...and a mask and the 6-foot rule doesn’t seem to be a big deal. Take my advice, this might be a perfect fit for you, too. Look us up.

July 26, 2020

By MarthaMD

My sister has been a resident of StoneRidge/Avalon since she experienced a traumatic brain injury. She first entered the community in the independent living facilities and has now moved over to continuing care in Avalon. I am so impressed by the quality of care and attention she receives as well as the genuine, caring attitude that each and every member of the Avalon staff has as they work with the residents. Every interaction I've had from working with the director to the aides has been professional as well as caring, and I am comforted knowing that she is in the best possible community and that she has a quality of life that is rewarding. Her room is beautiful, and she has a number of her own pieces of art and furniture that make it feel like home; the food is wonderful, and there are numerous social activities to engage in that are rewarding and nourishing for brain, body and soul. My family and I are so grateful for the care the Avalon team provides, and I highlight recommend it for anyone who is looking for long term care for a loved one or family member.

December 07, 2018

By benjos

The building is a carefully planned structure and is well maintained. Administration is receptive, responsive and forward looking. Present executive director is a sweetheart whom you hope will be there as long as you are. Campus was thoughtfully landscaped and is carefully looked after by both in-house staff and outside contractors. Availability of covered parking is a plus. Food is well prepared and there is a wide variety of choices in two venues (plus outside in summer). Dining room staff are pleasant, obliging and caring beyond their youthful (average) years. The fitness center manager is super and her activities extend far beyond the pool and exercise room. Community life services has organized a huge variety of activities on and off campus for those who are not yet at the couch potato stage, ranging from card games and movies to the Great Decisions program of the Foreign Policy Association. Environmental services is highly dedicated to maintaining cleanliness of resident and public spaces and has quick turnaround of those items accepted for laundering. The available garden plots are just big enough to get your hands dirty without generating anxiety about being able to take care of them. The associated nursing facility (Avalon) speaks for itself with a 5 star rating.

Dear Benjos, Thank you for your praise and kind comments about our team and Community! Your review means the world to us and your comments truly made my day! Our aim to exceed our resident's expectations every day in all that we do. We continue to set the bar high and I am overjoyed to know that you enjoy StoneRidge living. Thank you for your recommendation to inspire others who may want to "check us out!" Gratefully yours, Kathleen Dess Executive Director

December 21, 2015

By A Fellow Reviewer12

They have beautiful apartments at Stone Ridge. It was quite gorgeous and didn't feel like a nursing home. It feels like a senior living place. It is just a really beautiful place.

October 15, 2013

I would love to live at StoneRidge. It is wow. It is a different model from everything else. It is very expensive but magnificent. You have assisted living, you have long-term care, you have rehab. The food is delicious. Their facilities are elegant and beautiful. It is unbelievable.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (10) See fewer reviews

Services and Amenities of StoneRidge

• Overall:
  • Ownership Type: For Profit Partnership
  • Date Certified: 10/01/2020

About StoneRidge

Refund Plan: 75% of Admission Fee. Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing Care on discounted Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of StoneRidge