Assisted Living in Murrells Inlet
Thrive at Prince Creek699 Prince Creek Parkway, Murrells Inlet, SC
Hope Arbor of Murrells Inlet12287 Hwy 707, Murrells Inlet, SC
Carolina Gardens at Garden City11951 Grandhaven Drive, Murrells Inlet, SC
Inlet Coastal Resort5087 Highway 17 N. Bypass, Murrells Inlet, SC
Garden Manor Village100 Garden Manor Court, Murrells Inlet, SC
Palmettos of Garden City9415 Frontage Road, Murrells Inlet, SC
Anderson Oaks Assisted Living997 Highway 90, Conway, SC
Brookdale Conway872 Singleton Ridge Road, Conway, SC
Myrtle Beach Estates3620 Happy Woods Court, Myrtle Beach, SC
Reflections Assisted Living219 Middleburg Drive, Myrtle Beach, SC
At A Glance
There are 16 assisted living communities in the city and surrounding suburbs to choose from. The average cost of assisted living in Murrells Inlet is $3,063 per month, according to the latest estimates from Genworth.
We're there at every step
Caring.com has been supporting families since 2007. Our free family advisor service has helped numerous families in the Murrells Inlet area find the assisted living community that is right for them. Learn about how our team of family advisors can help you and your family at no cost by calling (855) 763-5743.
Get the insights you need to find the right community.
- See more than 18 reviews of assisted living communities in the Murrells Inlet area from residents and their loved ones.
- Browse our comprehensive directory of 16 assisted living communities in the Murrells Inlet area for photos and information about amenities, costs and more.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Murrells Inlet
Murrells Inlet is a small city on the Atlantic Coast just to the south of Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. It's well-known for its boating and fishing culture, which makes it the perfect place for seniors who enjoy the warm salty air and outdoor life. To accommodate the seniors who require help with daily living tasks, Murrells Inlet has six assisted living facilities within the city and 10 nearby.
Murrells Inlet assisted living facilities are regulated by the Board of Health and Environmental Control. Also known as community residential care facilities, assisted living facilities provide a degree of personal care as well as room and board for seniors who need daily assistance.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Murrells Inlet
- The Murrells Inlet area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Tidelands Waccamaw Community Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Murrells Inlets has an array of community resources for seniors, including the local AARP, an organization that works to improve the lives of seniors in the area, as well as the Murrells Inlet Community Center.
- Coast RTA provides curb-to-curb paratransit services for senior citizens and persons with disabilities at discounted fares. The service runs every day of the year except Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Year’s Day.
- Seniors in Murrells Inlet have a one in 41 chance of becoming a victim of some type of crime. This rate is 41 percent higher than other cities in the state and comparable cities in the nation.
- Murrells Inlet has a tropical climate with extremely hot humid summers and short and cold winters. Summer highs are around 88 degrees while winter lows are around 39.
- The cost of living in Murrells Inlet is 101, which is comparable to the national average of 100, so seniors moving here from many areas should be able to enjoy a similar lifestyle.
Paying for Assisted Living in Murrells Inlet
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in South Carolina
Assisted Living costs in Murrells Inlet start around $3,063 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Murrells Inlet and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Murrells Inlet
Financial help is available for seniors who need help paying for community residential care facilities in Murrells Inlet and the state of South Carolina through the state's Medicaid Plan. Eligible individuals must meet all Medicaid program requirements and must receive the optional state supplement (OSS) to the federal Supplemental Security Income program (SSI). The OSS provides payments for room and board, however, family cannot contribute to to get a private room.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Murrells Inlet
Murrells Inlet and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Murrells Inlet
Murrells Inlet-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in South Carolina are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in South Carolina page for more information about these laws.