40 Assisted Living Facilities near Sunset Hills, MO
Also serving communities of Fenton, Lemay.
There are 40 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sunset Hills area, with 2 in Sunset Hills and 38 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Sunset Hills is $5,614 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,630. Cheaper nearby regions include Affton with an average starting cost of $4,125.
To help you with your search, browse the 203 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sunset Hills. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sunset Hills 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Town And Country with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sunset Hills, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Sunset Hills, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sunset Hills
Sunset Hills is located on the southwestern corner of the St. Louis Metro area in St. Louis County, Missouri. Seniors make up a quarter of Sunset Hills' population ensuring strong representation in the city and a number of senior-friendly services and activities.
Assisted living facilities in Sunset Hills are licensed by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Division of Regulation and Licensure, Section for Long-Term Care Regulation. Seniors seeking assisted living options in Sunset Hills can choose from the two facilities located within city limits or 34 facilities found in the surrounding areas.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sunset Hills
- Sunset Hills is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning that its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- The Sunset Hills crime index is 35, so 65 percent of cities in the United States are safer than this area. Seniors have an average chance of becoming a victim of violent crime but the chance of experiencing a property crime is one in 54.
- The Sunset Hills area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Little Company of Mary Hospital and Health Care Centers, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The climate in Sunset Hills is moderate, with July highs averaging 89 degrees Fahrenheit and January lows around 23 degrees. Seniors who avoid the snow may appreciate the average snowfall of 13 inches annually, which is half the national average.
- The average cost of living in Sunset Hills is more than 30 percent higher than the national average, but seniors shouldn't let that scare them. The difference is mostly influenced by significant housing costs while other categories are much closer to the average.
- There are no public transit options in Sunset Hills, so seniors who need transportation have to arrange a ride through a local taxi service or a program such as Uber.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sunset Hills
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Sunset Hills start around $5,614 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sunset Hills and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sunset Hills
Missouri seniors who need help with the cost of assisted living care can look to the state's Medicaid program for assistance. The Missouri Care Options (MCO) program is an entitlement that provides care services. The Consumer Directed Services program allows self-directed, nonmedical personal care. The state also offers three Home and Community Based Services (HCBS) waivers: the Aged and Disabled Waiver, Supplemental Nursing Care program and Independent Living Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sunset Hills
Sunset Hills and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sunset Hills, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sunset Hills
Sunset Hills-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Sunset Hills, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sunset Hills
Review of The Grande at Laumeier Park
We liked it because it was nestled in the trees. The view outside the living room and bedroom were all trees and woods. They have a refrigerator, and then you bring your other stuff. The staff was ... Read more
Review of Friendship Village Sunset Hills
Everything about Friendship Village Sunset Hills was excellent. It's very clean and very well-kept. The towels, sheets, blankets, all that stuff were all cleaned and laundered. I had a friend stayi... Read more
Review of Friendship Village Sunset Hills
I did a tour of Friendship Village Sunset Hills. We just went into the building and saw one apartment. It was very clean. Everything was well maintained. He was very friendly and very knowledgeable... Read more