5 Assisted Living Facilities near Holdingford, MN
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Holdingford area, with 2 in Holdingford and 3 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Holdingford is $4,250 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 5 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Holdingford. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Holdingford 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Sartell with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Holdingford, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Holdingford, MN
3 Assisted Living Facilities near Holdingford, MN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Holdingford
Holdingford is a small, charming city located in Stearns County, Minnesota. Of the estimated 159,000 residents living in the county, more than 15% are seniors aged 65 and older. Some seniors in the area experience difficulties with activities of daily living and may require long-term assisted living care. Those who do can choose from five assisted living facilities in the area, two of which are in Holdingford's city limits. Throughout Minnesota, all assisted living facilities are regulated by the Minnesota Department of Human Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Holdingford
- Although the overall cost of living in Holdingford is slightly above the national average, the cost of healthcare is actually rather affordable at 13% below average. Lower healthcare costs usually equate to less expensive assisted living care, as well as lower medical bills.
- The Holdingford area has few facilities to choose from in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in St. Cloud.
- Holdingford's winters are extremely cold, which may make it difficult for some seniors to get out during the winter months. In January, the coldest month of the year, the average low temperature is only 1 degree.
- Seniors in Holdingford and their loved ones should have peace of mind knowing the crime rates in the city are low. On a scale of one to 100, where 100 represents high crime, violent crime is rated 8.5, while property crime is rated 19.1. Both are considerably lower than national averages.
- Holdingford doesn't have a public transit system, which means that seniors living in the city may need to rely on family, friends or facility shuttles to transport them to and from appointments.
- The air quality in Holdingford and throughout Stearns County is good and has been given a passing grade by the American Lung Association. Seniors can breathe the air in the city without worrying about it negatively affecting their health.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Holdingford
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Minnesota
Assisted Living costs in Holdingford start around $4,250 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Holdingford and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Holdingford
Minnesota has two Medicaid 1915(c) waiver programs that exist to help senior citizens pay for long-term care. Seniors living in Holdingford may be able to receive assistance under the Elderly waiver or the Community Alternative Care waiver, depending on their specific situation.
While these waivers don't provide assistance with the cost of room-and-board, the state does provide an optional state supplement to seniors who are Supplemental Security Income recipients which can help to cover such costs.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Holdingford
Holdingford and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Holdingford, please visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Holdingford
Holdingford-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Minnesota are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Minnesota page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Holdingford, MN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Holdingford
Review of Hyatt House LLC
My mother currently stays here and she really enjoys it. They have church groups that come weekly to provide services that she would otherwise not participate in by herself. Overall very well run f... Read more
Review of Hyatt House LLC
There wasn’t anything specific about Hyatt House; it’s just that I didn’t want to leave my father there. The rooms were nice, and they have a nice room if for some reason you may want to stay just ... Read more
Review of Hyatt House LLC
Basically Hyatt House met all of our needs, so that is why we chose it. He needed to have some place who had some memory care, and they had that available there. The staff were really caring people... Read more