62 Assisted Living Facilities near Bethalto, IL
Also serving communities of Wood River, Bunker Hill.
There are 62 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bethalto area, with 3 in Bethalto and 59 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bethalto is $3,100 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Godfrey with an average starting cost of $2,530.
To help you with your search, browse the 169 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bethalto. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bethalto 3.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Godfrey with an average rating of 4.6 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bethalto, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Bethalto, IL
59 Assisted Living Facilities near Bethalto, IL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bethalto
The village of Bethalto is nestled on the edge of the rolling Illinois prairie. An estimated 14 percent of its approximately 9,000 residents are 65 and older, which presents a need for assisted living communities to help those seniors requiring assistance with the activities of daily living. The Division of Assisted Living is responsible for the licensing and regulation of these facilities, with three in Bethalto and almost 60 in Saint Louis, Richmond Heights and other communities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bethalto
- The Bethalto area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Wood River.
- Bethalto has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Bethalto Senior Citizens Center, an organization that provides local seniors with transport and a comfortable setting for activities.
- The American Lung Association has advised that the air quality in the Bethalto area is poor. It received a rating of "F" for its ozone levels, which suggests that the air could aggravate existing respiratory conditions, such as asthma or lung cancer.
- While the cost of healthcare in Bethalto is almost 3 percent more expensive than the national average, the overall cost of living is around 12 percent cheaper. This is something seniors living on a tight budget should consider.
- Seniors who are concerned about crime may be pleased to hear that the crime rates in Bethalto are considerably lower than the national averages. On a scale of one to 100, where 100 is the highest crime risk, Bethalto scores 13.7 for violent crime and 23.3 for property crime, which is considerably lower than the national rates of 22.7 and 35.4, respectively.
- Weather in Bethalto is rather average, which is good news for seniors who enjoy spending time outdoors. There's around 42 inches of rain annually in Bethalto, compared to the U.S. average of 39. Seniors in this area can enjoy 203 sunny days per year, compared to 205 nationally.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bethalto
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Illinois
Assisted Living costs in Bethalto start around $3,100 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bethalto and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bethalto
Seniors living in Bethalto, Illinois, may be eligible to receive financial support from the state's Medicaid program to help them pay for an assisted living facility.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bethalto
Bethalto and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bethalto, please visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bethalto
Bethalto-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Illinois are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Illinois page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bethalto
Review of Cedarhurst of Bethalto
My parents were living at Bethalto Cedar Hurst until recently when my father passed and we decided to transfer my mother. The management is clearly poorly ran, the food was always cold, and most of... Read more
Review of Bethalto Villas and Reflections
My aunt is in assisted living at Bethalto Villas and Reflections. Everything is fantastic and topnotch all the way around. The staff is excellent, very caring, and very professional. The dining roo... Read more
Review of Cedarhurst of Bethalto
I visited Cedarhurst. The place was beautiful and brand new, but they only allow one pet. It's five minutes from my house. Read more