15 Assisted Living Facilities near Bogart, GA
Also serving communities of Statham.
There are 15 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bogart area, with 2 in Bogart and 13 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bogart is $3,600 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Winder with an average starting cost of $2,995.
To help you with your search, browse the 50 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bogart. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bogart 4.7 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Hoschton with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bogart, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Bogart, GA
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bogart
Bogart, Georgia, is a small farming community located just to the west of Athens. The town offers easy access to city amenities with a quiet family-friendly atmosphere. To accommodate seniors who can live independently but require some assistance with medication administration, grooming and meals, there are 21 assisted living communities in the area. These communities are regulated by the Georgia Department of Community Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bogart
- The Clarke County Transit Department provides rides for seniors in Bogart and the surrounding area. Rides are available Monday through Friday at discount fares. All buses are wheelchair accessible for those with disabilities. For those with a mobility impairment, the Lift is the transit company’s in-demand bus service. Rides should be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance.
- The cost of living in Bogart is 7 percent lower than the state and national average. This may make it easy for seniors paying for assisted living to budget and have money left at the end of the month.
- The overall rate of crime in Bogart is 57 percent lower than the national average. Seniors who live in assisted living in the area can feel safe when exploring the area or running errands.
- Bogart experiences hot and humid summers with average highs around 90 degrees. The extreme humidity may prove to be too much for seniors with respiratory illnesses. Winters are short and mild with lows that rarely drop below freezing.
- Seniors living in Bogart can take advantage of the $65,000 per person deduction on retirement incomes when filing annual taxes. The state also doesn't tax Social Security benefits.
- The city of Bogart has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Athens.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bogart
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Georgia
Assisted Living costs in Bogart start around $4,195 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bogart and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bogart
There are a few public financial aid options for seniors who need assistance paying for an assisted living community in Bogart. The Community Care Services Program (CCSP) and the Service Options Using Resources in a Community Environment (SOURCE) are available for low-income seniors who receive Social Security Income (SSI) benefits. These waivers do not cover room and board but services received in assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bogart
Bogart and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bogart, please visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bogart
Bogart-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Georgia are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Georgia page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bogart
Review of The Landing of Bogart
Found the entire staff to be very caring and concerned for the welfare of our loved one. Beautiful facility which just opened this year. Very convenient to the Athens area for doctors offices and s... Read more
Review of Highland Hills Village PC
Highland Hills seemed good. Everything was really closer together there, and not as spread out. It seemed like the hallways were a little smaller and closed in. I really liked it and don't have any... Read more
Review of Highland Hills Village PC
We visited Highland Hills Village. I like the place, the staff, and the amenities. They just were full, and had a waiting list. I was thinking my husband could be in memory care, and I could be in ... Read more