153 Assisted Living Facilities near Cooper City, FL
With an average cost of $3,212 in Cooper City, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 19 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 2 facilities in Cooper City.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Cooper City, FL
151 Assisted Living Facilities near Cooper City, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cooper City
A small suburb located in Broward County and situated near the Everglades, Cooper City, Florida, is home to over 35,000 people, 11 percent of whom are 65 and over. Cooper City offers two dedicated assisted living facilities within city limits and an additional 56 communities nearby in areas including Davie, Plantation, Pembroke Pines and Sunrise. All area assisted living facilities (ALFs) are overseen and licensed by the State of Florida Department of Elder Affairs and must be classified as residential care facilities that provide lodging, meals, support services and personal care for seniors who are not yet ready for or do not require 24-hour nursing care. In addition to standard ALFs in Florida, additional licensing options are available for extended congregate care (ECC), limited mental health (LMH) and limited nursing services (LNS) centers.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cooper City
- As with many locations in South Florida, Cooper City enjoys a warm tropical climate all year round, with an average summer high of 91 and an average January low of 58. However, Cooper City is prone to rain, with 58 rainy days each year, and is at above-average risk for hurricanes.
- The air quality is quite good in Cooper City, with Broward County receiving a B ozone rating and an A in particle pollution levels.
- Cooper City has a high cost of living, averaging 33 percent more than the rest of the United States. Housing prices play a primary factor.
- Cooper City, like all cities in Florida, is not subject to state or local income tax. Florida is also among the seven states that do not levy taxes on pension or Social Security income, making life in Broward County more affordable.
- Public transportation in Cooper City is poor, with very limited bus routes provided through Broward County Transit (BCT). BCT does provide free or reduced-fare transportation to nutrition sites and healthcare facilities for qualifying seniors in Cooper City.
- Crime is relatively low in Cooper City, with a safer rating than 52 percent of U.S. cities. Violent crime is also far lower than the Florida average, with 1.02 violent crimes per 1,000 residents versus 4.3 statewide.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cooper City
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Cooper City start around $3,212 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cooper City and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cooper City
Cooper City does not have its own specific financial assistance program, but there are several state options available in Florida. Those eligible for Medicaid can apply for support through the Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC-LTC). For those who do not qualify for Medicaid, other opportunities for cost reduction may be available, including Community Care for the Elderly (CCE) and Optional State Supplement (OSS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cooper City
Cooper City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cooper City, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cooper City
Cooper City-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cooper City
Review of Joe’s Place at Fair Breeze
Joes Place at Fair Breeze was a good place. I like it. The staff member during the tour was good, answered our questions, and took us around. I have no complaints. It was very clean. The room was ... Read more
Review of The Sheridan at Cooper City
The Sheridan at Cooper City is a good community. They're more expensive than the one we chose, but they have very nice apartments. The place is very nice, top-market, it's clean, it's new and only ... Read more
Review of The Sheridan at Cooper City
The Sheridan at Cooper City is an excellent community. I moved my mother in there because it was the cleanest and most spotless, and they have the friendliest employees. All the people who work the... Read more