SYNERGY HomeCare Review
Founded in 1999, SYNERGY HomeCare is a non-medical home care agency that provides respite, personal care and in-home assistance to clients of all ages and abilities. The company operates in 38 states on a franchise basis, and each office is independently owned and operated.
SYNERGY HomeCare specializes in customized home care solutions, supporting individuals with physical and/or cognitive disabilities, seniors, people recovering from a serious illness or injury, and new mothers. Services are available on an hourly or live-in basis, and there are no service contracts. On-call staff can be contacted 24/7, and all caregivers are employees of SYNERGY rather than contractors.
Every SYNERGY team member must successfully pass a nationwide background check prior to commencing duties, and all caregivers are fully insured and bonded. Caregivers are available to work in private homes as well as hospitals, assisted living communities and skilled nursing facilities. Services include personal care, hospital-to home care and live-in care.
Clients appreciate the personalized services provided by SYNERGY caregivers, and many families say that SYNERGY HomeCare services have helped delay or prevent institutionalization of their elderly and disabled loved ones.
What You Need to Know About SYNERGY HomeCare
- Established in 1999 and based in Gilbert, Arizona
- Franchised ownership model with offices in 38 states
- Offers free in-home safety assessments to help new clients determine what type of care they need
- Non-medical caregivers for infants, children, adults with disabilities and seniors, including those recovering from an accident, illness or life-threatening disease
- On-call support available 24/7
- Service available on an hourly, 24-hour or live-in basis in a variety of settings including private homes, assisted living communities, hospitals and nursing homes
What Senior Care Services Does Synergy Homecare Provide?
Personal Care Services
SYNERGY HomeCare caregivers can provide non-medical personal care services that are customized to the unique needs and preferences of each client. These services may include:
- Assistance with bathing and grooming
- Toileting and continence care
- Shopping and running errands
- Meal prep
- Day-to-day housekeeping, including dishes, laundry and vacuuming
- Help with scheduling appointments
- Transportation to medical appointments
- Escorting clients on walks
- Medication reminders
Personal care services are available on an hourly, 24-hour or live-in basis, with no service contracts or minimum number of service hours. SYNERGY HomeCare staff are on-call 24 hours a day, and in many cases caregivers are available on a same-day emergency basis. Caregivers can work in a private home setting as well as in hospitals, assisted living facilities and nursing homes on a one-to-one basis with their client.
A unique feature of SYNERGY HomeCare is that services are not limited to seniors. Non-medical caregivers can provide personal care to a wide range of clients, including adults living with physical and/or cognitive limitations, people who are recovering from an illness or injury, and older adults who want to delay or prevent placement in a long-term care setting.
SYNERGY offers a complimentary, no-obligation in-home safety assessment designed to help clients and their families evaluate their care options.
SYNERGY HomeCare offers recovery assistance to help ease the transition between hospital and home. Compassionate, professional caregivers provide one-on-one non-medical support designed to give clients the freedom to rest and recuperate in the comfort of their own home rather than a rehab center or nursing facility.
SYNERGY’s hospital-to-home services are geared towards:
- Seniors who are returning home after suffering a fall
- Adults recovering from a stroke or heart attack
- People living with cancer
- Elders who need in-home assistance following orthopedic surgery
- Anyone who needs non-medical help to return home safely following a hospital stay
Hospital-to-home services, which are customized to the needs of each client, may include:
- Housekeeping and laundry
- Meal prep and assistance with eating
- Transportation to local medical appointments
- Medication reminders
- Assistance with scheduling post-surgical appointment
- Help with personal care
- Prescription and over-the-counter medication pickups
SYNERGY HomeCare caregivers have experience working with individuals who are living with cancer. Caregivers can help cancer survivors manage cancer symptoms and treatment side effects, such as pain, anemia, fatigue, brain fog and nausea, by providing in-home support. As with all of SYNERGY’s services, cancer recovery services are fully customizable for each client and may include:
- Assistance with housekeeping, meal preparation and laundry
- Personal care
- Medication pickups and reminders
- Help with managing medical appointments
- Escorts to doctor’s appointments and cancer treatments
To improve client safety, every SYNERGY HomeCare hospital-to-home client receives a complimentary medical alert device that allows the client to call for assistance without needing to dial a phone.
SYNERGY HomeCare can provide live-in caregivers for adults and seniors who require around-the-clock supervision and companionship. This type of care may be ideal for people living with Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia and older adults who have lost their spouse.
Live-in care can also be a good option for adults with physical and/or cognitive disabilities who prefer to remain in their own home rather than move to a non-medical congregate care facility such as an assisted living community or a group home.
Live-in caregivers provide the same level of support offered through the personal assistance service, including helping clients with bathing, hygiene and toileting. Caregivers can also assist with incontinence care, dressing and transferring, as well as transportation to medical appointments, meal prep, light housekeeping and companionship.
In order to prevent caregiver burnout and ensure continuity of service, live-in care services are staffed by three to four caregivers on a rotational basis. As with all SYNERGY HomeCare team members, live-in caregivers are fully bonded, insured and background-checked prior to commencing duties.
What Are People Saying About Synergy Homecare?
SYNERGY HomeCare clients find that its caregivers are exceptionally flexible and reliable, with one daughter of an elderly client writing, “We found them very accommodating. Mom enjoyed the person who stayed with her. There was not a lot to do, so she just needed someone overnight in case something happened. We were relieved to know that someone was with her for part of the day.” Another family member writes, “She (the caregiver) frees me up so I can work. They listen to your needs and adjust.”
The spouse of a client expresses satisfaction with the professionalism of the company and the caregivers, stating that, “They are responsive, they listen and when we have problems, they are quick to resolve them. The caregiver invests herself in the client and the family. She treats us like she would want to be treated. She listens, she is supportive of my husband and she helps in areas where he needs assistance.”
How Much Does Synergy Homecare Charge for Home Care?
Home care costs vary based on several factors, including the type of services required, how often one needs assistance, and the timing of the services (i.e., overnight vs. daytime care). Where you live also has a significant impact on the cost of home care, as national chains scale their local prices to the cost of living in a given area.
When planning for home care costs, keep in mind that the national average cost is about $24 per hour, though prices in your location may be higher or lower. You can contact a Family Advisor at (800) 973-1540 to learn more about home care costs and payment options in your area.
Who Should Consider Synergy Homecare?
SYNERGY HomeCare services are geared towards a wide range of clients, including adults and seniors with physical and/or cognitive disabilities, new mothers and people recovering from a serious illness, surgery or hospitalization. The following people may find SYNERGY services helpful:
- Seniors who want to remain in their own home: SYNERGY caregivers can provide many of the same types of support offered in an assisted living facility or other non-medical setting, including personal care, housekeeping and meal prep, laundry and medication reminders.
- Family caregivers: Families who are caring for an elder, adult with a disability or loved one with a chronic or acute illness can use SYNERGY’s non-medical care services for respite on an hourly, 24-hour or live-in basis. These services can give family caregivers the opportunity to pursue their career, attend to their own health and wellness needs, or take a much-needed vacation from caregiving duties.
- Cancer recovery: Individuals who are living with cancer can count on SYNERGY HomeCare to provide compassionate, person-centered in-home assistance that’s designed to provide cancer patients with the support they need during cancer treatments and recovery.
How to Get Started with Synergy Homecare
Contact a Family Advisor at (800) 973-1540 for more information about Synergy Homecare’s offerings in your area and to connect with a local home care provider. Our knowledgeable Family Advisors can provide one-on-one guidance to help you find the best home care service for your needs and budget, all at no cost to you. No matter where you are in the process of choosing a home care provider, a Family Advisor can help.