Warm Hearth Village

Offers Assisted Living, Independent Living, Nursing Homes, Continuing Care Communities, and Memory Care

2603 Warm Hearth Dr Suite 100, Blacksburg, VA 24060
Warm Hearth Village (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Warm Hearth Village

Independent Living Reviews for Warm Hearth Village

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Warm Hearth Village

December 06, 2014

By Gail27

They were very proud of the new recreation building that they have put up at Warm Hearth Village. They were in a dense wooded area, so it was quite dark and sheltered. The room that we saw was very small. It was going to be extremely difficult to get into because you can start out with a full independent living home, and they had sort of a step down thing where you can be independent living and then assisted living and then long term nursing care or dementia, so they had quite a long waiting list, and I didn't have that time luxury. It is about 25 years old now, except for their brand new building where they have their main offices, and they have a swimming pool, a workout room, a room where they can do like yoga or exercises, a nice chapel where they can also have performances, and I know they have a very extensive activity program, but we knew that it wasn't going to be for us because we just couldn't wait that long. We only talked to one person from the staff, and she was fine, but not very positive about having anything anytime soon. I know it's got a great reputation.

May 13, 2014

I was really impressed with Warm Hearth, but they had no space available. It seemed outstanding. The people, the physical facility, the levels of care they had -- I was very impressed. I liked that it was a non-profit. So, they could pay more attention to the needs of their clients as opposed to making a profit. It was a very attractive community with upper middle class quality physical surroundings, but they also made provisions for people who do not have money. They had ways of accommodating all types of people, which I thought was very admirable. It was a continuum of care facility, and like so many continuum of care places, they gave higher priority to people who had lived in their other units, whether they were apartments, homes, assisted living, or what have you.

September 26, 2012

By Cheryl 1

This facility has a very professional staff who have shown care, concern and empathy through each step of the process from visiting my mother's home when we were looking around at different facilities to when they called Hospice in. The nursing staff, aides, and even the people who clean the facility shown a great deal of care for my mother. I've never been there when I didn't see the cleaning staff. This is a very difficult journey for anyone but the staff at Warm Hearth have made it easier. I don't worry about my mother because I know she's being taken care of.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (7) See fewer reviews

About Warm Hearth Village

Refund Plan; 40% of Entrance Fee, after 6 years. Priority admission to Assisted Living and Nursing Care on Fee-For-Service basis.

Map of Warm Hearth Village