Indian Oaks Living Center

Reviews of Indian Oaks Living Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Indian Oaks Living Center

January 06, 2012

By tlc235

Both my grandparents were, at one time, residents of Indian Oaks Nursing Home in Harker Heights, TX. While I found their care adequate, and I can not point to any specific examples of neglect or abuse, I was not wholly impressed. It seems that the staff supervised too many residents to give the individual attention that my elderly grandparents really needed. For example, on one visit I found my grandfather walking through the halls in socks with holes worn through them. Upon inspecting his feet, I noticed there were sores. When I pointed it out to the staff, they told me how my grandfather would often walk endlessly around the circuitous corridors at all hours of the day and night. They explained how they urged him to put on shoes - often they physically placed shoes on his feet. Ultimately, he would take them off and continue on his walk. They explained they had so many residents that could not continuously place shoes on his feet while also caring for the others. I do believe they had genuine empathy for my grandfather, but they were unable to devote the time to care for him in an exemplary fashion. Given these, and other observations, I would say this facility is adequate but not outstanding.

About Indian Oaks Living Center

Indian Oaks Living Center is a senior living provider in Harker Heights, Texas that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Indian Oaks Living Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Indian Oaks Living Center